Paradox Wave (Raid) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by DizzyKraken, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DizzyKraken Developer

Hi everyone,

The Paradox Tyrant is actively trying to generate a Paradox Wave from his pocket reality. The Batman and Lex Luthor councils need to join forces with you to stop his machinations (at least for a short time).

Please use this thread to discuss anything about this raid.

Thanks!
    DK
    • Like x 3
  2. Encrypted Skillz New Player

In Paradox raid is it ok that everything hits for like 3000-4000K and Up.

The small orb like turrets hit for 3K and Up.
    Adds hit for crazy damage.
    Boss at end of speed force ruptures ignores the tanks and just rushes past them to one shot group. Also boss at end hits everyone but the tanks for about 8K and Up. So basically he is a one-shot machine to all roles other than tanks.

Are all these things purposeful because in my honest opinion it makes the raid a bit unbeatable unless you have chance. We are running with fully modded groups that are all Full T4 and with Dual tanks. I'm scared to see how anyone thats not full T4 and modded can even try.

Or is it that we have to try to get tons of drops first then try because I honestly don't even view these as beatable.
  3. Valsmurf Loyal Player

yep I believe that's their intention, they said they want us to do the new solos first, get some gear there either through drops or by replaying the heck out of them and buying tier gear. Then do the same with the 4-mans and once you're well into completing your t5 set, then go into the raids.

People who beat the raids in test server did it with full or near full t5, so definitely not a cakewalk.

I am scared.. and I like it!
    • Like x 2
  4. Encrypted Skillz New Player

I'm not gonna lie, I also like the challenge but I'm just a gear spammer so I was trying to use raids to get quick gear which seems impossible at the moment.
  5. DizzyKraken Developer

The raids are definitely intended to be hard.

While you are allowed to jump in the raids at CR 84 it's unlikely you would be able to beat it with a group of pure Tier 4s. The minimum CR to queue for this content is not meant as a suggested level of difficulty - It's basically just to limit access to reward drops. You need to have completed T4 to start getting T5 gear.

We suggest trying to get everyone in your group a few pieces of T5 through the solo challenges and operations first. It really will make a huge difference in survivability ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Valsmurf Loyal Player

The good thing is alerts and solos are daily and we got 2 of each, so we have 10 marks a day from that. If you don't replays you can buy your first t5 piece in just 5 days or so. Spam those alerts instead of the raids then, they're soo long they're almost like 4-man raids, lol. Not uncommon to see people doing over 1 mil dmg in the alerts, so that'll give you an idea..
  7. Emerald_Starlight New Player

I understand that the raids are meant to be hard, and we'll need some T5 to have a chance at them, but I'm not really into this raid. My league tried it earlier today just to see what it was like. The first room boss is obviously too hard to fight, which is why you need to go through the portals first and fight with the Batmans. My biggest issue with the raid is the bosses, not the mobs. I thought the mobs hit appropriately hard and had a decent chunk of health but we handled them quite easily. Then you have the bosses who have a lot of health and hit for ridiculous amounts. The mini boss (guys at the end of each tunnel) hit way too hard in my opinion. I don't think having T5 is going to make that much of a difference honestly. One attack puts you in a bubble and does 300-400 DoTs (which my healer healed me through) and then the bubble bursts and it hits you for 50K. It's silly really. I honestly hope that T5 is as awesome as you devs think it is, I really do hope I'm wrong. That being said I did my Ops and Challenge modes and I'm looking forward to trying this again with better gear.
  8. Potent New Player

I don't see how.

4 pieces of gear from the solos is about 4, maybe 5% dmg mitigation, along with around 300-400 health.

PLEASE elaborate on how that is going to make a Tank that is getting hit for 4-5K while blocking from regular add/boss attacks, when they only have 6100 Health with a Health Soda. Oh yeah, thats 4-5K on top of breaking my 1600 Point shield, FYI.(thats like 7K, WHILE BLOCKING from a regular attack)

Survivability seemed much more on par in Nexus. (We were doing fine against the batmans, but our tank lagged out and never came back)

But looking at the difference between Full T5 and Full T4, I still don't see it making much of a difference when we're getting for 4-5K multiple times in a row, as blocking Tanks.
  9. Clip New Player

The ops are pretty good to handle, but the raids are beasts!!! Instant kills around every corner :D good job from the devs :D
    Me and my teammates failed horribly at it :D
  10. Valsmurf Loyal Player

drops in solos and 4-mans are not t5, t5 is the aquaman/manta gear you buy with marks of reality. they expect us to have more of that purchasable gear just like odyssey had in their attempt. From what i take, their meant to be hard raids even in full t5(purchasable) the drops will help, but probably won't be enough.

we'll just have to grind and see i guess
  11. Potent New Player

The difference between the T5 Back and T4 back, is something like 80 Defense, and 50 health.

You can look at the differences in the Meta wing.
  12. Mr Venom Active Player

We tried it last night and got smashed. Looking forward to trying after we earn some T5.
  13. D4rkwond3r New Player

In addition i would like to point out that maybe fortified blocking in neck might add some extra survivability as many people use escalating might these days for the extra dmg. I do agree that the new raids are way to hard and i am just to curious to see what will be like when we do them with some t5 pieces. However, the game needed a challenge and now we have it. I do enjoy it a lot. Thumps Up for this awesome DLC.
    • Like x 2
  14. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

You can't obtain gear from the solo mission unless you tone the bosses down a bit so some one can beat it pretty sad the boss hits your 2 times harder then you are hitting him , the huntress mission is pretty right on the mark for a boss vs legend battle you don't always win the first round this is typical but for the bizarro mission every one I know still has not beat this one the boss just taps you right out soon as you pop a cola you get an enraged attack hit pretty much a one shot waste of even trying to use the cola seeing red puts you right back to seeing red and not on health barrel in sight to even help give you an edge , guess you want us to stop supporting the game no big deal to me I will leave my account as it is and go back to other games I have purchased this is not how a MMO works there is a big inbalance in the character to npc attacks there is no level and you can clearly see it , show me and every one a video of a DEV beating this with out GOD mode and any kind of trickery oh wait we seen this video Spytle attempted it and you could clearly see he got his butt whooped b y it
  15. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Now for the Paradox raid you can't beat this raid when the boss in the paradox speed tunnel is one shotting a tank with a 24K attack to each tank separate no matter where you stand how you stand block damage absorb one shot a healer can't heal that kind of damage neither will a soda , accomplice and as it seem you do the math on the T5 gear fully modded even a healer with almost 3K resto still can't heal this kind of damage and the T5 gear clearly can't absorb it or handle it either it's sad you all just won't admit that this section of the game was poorly tested it's funny as we watched the video OD had to use 5 pieces of T5 gear just to attempt to stay alive in any section of the T5 raids and alert and still never beat it but this is normal this is what we as players have to play this is our unbeatable challenge sorry as a player who loves the game enjoys the game you have just ruined it for me 100% back to another MMO I left and wasted almost 2 years on this game for so sad get ya game right all we see is need tank for last boss , need healer for last boss , need troll for last boss everyone needs someone for a last boss and still don't know one person who has stayed alive yet even one's claiming to be a 94 CR in the group die just as fast if not faster .

and thank you for being one of the first DEVS I have seen yet to allow us to actually reply to your actual comment not the thread shows good respect for us gamer's
  16. Satla Well-Known Player

Well, if you cant complete the solo, please dont even try to complete the raid :D.
    Both of them are completable, bizzaro challange is easy, raid is hard.
    NOT impossible, just hard.
    Nexus is easy, why wont you start with that raid?
  17. Cyales New Player

I`m a troller and i got cr 96, i`m almost full T5 but i still die like i`m made from paper....

This raid is really 2 damn hard, everything just hits 2 hard....

I tried to do the Paradox Wave raid with 2 tanks or with 1 tank and all of us where cr 95+ but no chance to do it, as i said is 2 hard...

Something must be done about this raid cuz the new gear really does not make any big difference in this raid.... At least in the Nexus of Reality raid the new gear makes a big difference...

Is kinda hard to do the Paradox Wave when you are in that tunnel that makes you get dizzy if you stay for 2 long there...
    And like is not hard enough that you must avoid the Boss and the Bombs you must avoid adds to when they spawn
    In Nexus or Reality having a tank cr 90+ you can tank every boss if you know how but in Paradox Wave even with tank cr 96+ you cant tank the boss, he will still 1 shoot you...

So my question is if you cant tank even tank none of the 4 bosses from the tunnel with a tank cr 96+ then how the hell can you tank the last boss when for sure it is a lot harder....

Something must be done about this raid.... Until now there are a few people who finished Nexus of Reality raid but when they heard about Paradox Wave raid they even do not wanna try doing it as they know how hard can be.....

Maybe if the boss damage will be a bit nerfed, maybe if you guys can take out the adds that spawn from time to time or to just take out the bombs it will be much better but as it is right now is really 2 hard....
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

The reason, why everything hits hard is, that it is intended to hit hard. Don't try to block a devastating attack as a tank. Don't!
    If you played the NoR before and if you recall some mechanics of the operations - yes even the anomalies have it - you will recognize some importancy of movement and positioning. You'll live longe, when you can move and when you can dodge. So do it.
    The sidebosses will focus someone and follow him until they shot their devastating attack. If you are too close, you'll die..if you are in good range, you can avoid it. Tanks should be more kiting than blocking...there are about 2-3 special attacks a sideboss does, and the rest is raid mechanic and adds. Avoid those and thats it.

The "Beat Paradox Wave without getting knocked out" feat isn't supposed to be easy.

And please don't say things must be nerfed until you've tried to figure mechanics out. You'll die alot on the first tries... You get so much money from the adds that you can compensate for it. :)

Schimära
  19. Cyales New Player

I tried enough time to figure out the mechanics from Paradox Wave raid and even if you know the mechanics you still cant finish the raid even with full T5 gear or even better gear
    Maybe you are the one who didnt tried the raid enough to see how horrible it is...

We even used TS and tried more strategies but it didnt worked...

And as i said until now there where a few people who could finish Nexus but i really didnt heard about anybody to finish Paradox

Also stop talk like you know what i tried or what i didnt tried...
    Next time talk when you know the facts....
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

I'm sorry when I verbally harmed you in anyway - this wasn't my intention at all. o_O But before you start behaving impolitely yourself, you should consider that first there are several people and leagues that already beaten the paradox wave and second that I too have tried this raid, have used teamspeak and so on. I personally think that there is nothing wrong with the raid and it is not horrible - its hard.
    Again: This is my personal opinion and I am sharing this on a public forum and you are free to respond to this the way you wan't - go on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.