NOW AVAILABLE: The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Pouncers New Player

Water
  2. Pouncers New Player

We had two in this one but I queued Up That Raid, normally it’s the one Heal
    I’m only addressing this since we were so close in healing and I feel that shouldn’t be the case
    Especially since I had to drink a soda to out heal
    The dps is what have people in a frenzy
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I don't like Water. Sorcery has long cool downs, water has shortened cool downs.
  4. Pouncers New Player

But I feel it uses too much power and I have a water healer I feel I heal easier with sorcery and electricity
  5. Vanessa33335 Level 30

Any news about the rework on instances again or the game is the same shi..thing? If the lastest adjustment was only that one from August 22 then I can say no changes at all.
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

He could have hit his buttons faster (timing, pacing...etc). I think that's part of what Jason was attributing to as 'skill.' Correct me if I'm wrong Jason! :)

Could also be right heal at the right time.

Healing = base healing multiplier * (30% resto + 25% dom)

Your restoration part = ~3508
    His restoration part = ~2675

It very well could also be the case that base healing may need adjustments. It's difficult to do that based on feelings, meaning it in an impartial way and not trying to downplay your feelings. :)
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

"Strategic Button Mashing" lol
    But seriously I think the cooldowns are the issue.
  8. Wowlock1903 New Player

In deed that is what I am wondering also. Even since the Revamp, I didn't login to the game until something was done. Now at december, after the new episodes, I logged back to see if anything changed... Sadly, it doesn't seem like it since even DUOS at level takes A LOT of time to do, if you can actually beat them. And of course, waiting for an hour on Que to try and find Tier 4-5-6 alerts or Raids...with no one willing to waste time on...therefore no chance to get marks/ gear from those.. How can one expect to gear up to reach the end-game content or the new chapters ?

If a 146 duo or Alert drops 122 AT BEST...how the hell can you level your character up when the on-level stuff is almost impossible without at least +30 higher CR's help ? So you have to grind Marks and skip the old content on level because they are a waste of time now. That is a great ''advancement'' The Stats Revamp had done and it is still not fixed ?
  9. ChillCat Loyal Player

Or you could just visit the vault and the Open Episode. On a daily basis, that gives you nearly 7 pieces of incrementally better gear. Combine that with your at-level content and that puts you around 9 pieces of gear. It's not the same as playing raids every day, but if you're not able to progress with all that, you may want to rethink your progression strategy.
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, then, WHICH ONE ARE YOU? ;):p
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

32 pages in this thread. 32. And 6 months later, not ONE mention of my biggest beef with the revamp: WHY THE DROKK DID THEY COMPLETELY ELIMINATE THE LEVEL 22 ICONIC POWERS FROM THE GAME?!? :confused::mad:

The only answer I've seen mentioned is "you can still get those from the stats you can put points in." To which I reply NOT ENTIRELY. Some of those Iconic Powers are NOT replaced by the stat boosts. Case in point: X-Ray Vision. That was an Iconic Power I was looking forward to giving to some of my alts to simulate the capabilities of their vision enhancement goggles. But now it's just GONE. Totally lame. :mad:
  12. ChillCat Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Perdition Committed Player

X-ray Vision was only giving 5 perception (which was pretty much useless):

This is how it works now
    Perception
    The chance to detect nearby concealed enemies, in other words, enemies which are stealthed.
    Tanks gain +3 Perception.

Solution? Make a tank.
  14. Valthonis New Player

I want to be able to play a totally different version of this game that never had the stats revamp occur. I don't even care if I miss out on ALL future content. I loved the game prior to this absurdity. It's truly a step in the wrong direction.
    • Like x 1
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Sorry you feel that way. IMO DCUO was severly hurting with Advanced Mechanics. Stats Revamp has its issues but it seems like its heading in the right direction. If you liked the 1 optimal loadout and steam roll everything under your CR, then I guess you would miss it.
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Sounds like a game I’d have gotten bored with in the first 10 minutes :p
    • Like x 1