NOW AVAILABLE: The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Regardless if you are for or against this revamp, you have to admit the community is dwindling at a very rapid rate. The developers keep dropping the ball on this game and it's sad to see it unfold.
    • Like x 7
  2. Tarif Committed Player

~They sure as all f&^# did!. You all are not alone, believe that.
    • Like x 6
  3. Tarif Committed Player

~claps!!!~
    • Like x 4
  4. Tarif Committed Player

~CLAPS...Just keep posting that observation for as much as you like. I for one, cant expect you to continue to do it...as Ive paid for and downloaded other games myself at this point...but I sure as all hell have hopes that they FIX OUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 6
  5. The Evergreen Level 30

hall of doom armory legends pve instance needs to be fixed. i have been with several groups and we had to just disband at the system breaker, so many people will never get those teamup feats even
  6. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Aquaman emblem in marketplace...
  7. rimvader Well-Known Player

My feeling on the Revamp, 3 weeks in is....

"I'm a little piss off, I take that back, I'm Really PiSS OFF!!:mad:
    August 29, I will SAY it with MY WALLET!
    • Like x 2
  8. The Crysalid Active Player

Too late, you already exposed yourself. ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. rimvader Well-Known Player

Hello Snowflake, this revamp is because people were b$tching and not staying in THEIR LANE, Newbs wanted a MMO "New Deal!". But with CR 198, SP 230+ and 3100 replay badges , I have no reason to cry here. Oh an All-Access member too. And I'm still just hitting a few buttons.

Unlike some of you, the majority of us don't have the time, nor want to spend all our free time in epic Tier 2 raids we beat 4 years ago hoping the last style piece to drop. New content is were the challenge should be not 'farming for salvage'. I solo 411 with 3 different Alts no problems (Fire, Earth, and Atomic) but a t5 raid takes 45 min with 3 CR 190+ while a T8 'Oly' raid took around 20 mins . DCUO was not like other MMOs , new players learn quick CR 5 don't mess CR 30 (player or NPC) and that Gear is king.
    'Get the Gear' play the higher tier, get wrecked, get better gear, play better, get more gear, repeat! Now for my 230 sp to matter the gear means less? It's a game not Nato. Next will they will reduce my SP to make it "fair" for the new guys too?
    • Like x 3
  10. recoil Committed Player

okay so i just did a take two on south gotham and this time around surprisingly smooth sailing. but this time instead of a group of 60's i had two additional 190's and a 60. if it weren't for the availability of high cr players that wouldn't be a good sign.
    • Like x 2
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm hating on you guys so very much.
    • Like x 1
  12. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

All depends on when you were a new player when i was a new player(mid2011) skill points were king because we didnt have mods so the only thing that made you better on top of gear was skill points.

take the same 8 people from your oly raid and go to that t5 my bet is it will be pretty quick. take 3 people into oly and lemme know how that goes for you.

gear still has the same value gear provides you with the base stats from its tier. it was done this way so even players with low skillpoints can still be capable of completing end tier content. Gear still provide majority of stats

lets be honest AM era was a joke do you really want no challenge what so ever in the game and be capable of steam rolling all content old and new alike? Theres no fun in playing god mode
    • Like x 2
  13. Satack New Player

Half my guild has quit playing and moved onto other games now,, thanks meeps
    • Like x 6
  14. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

You can shortcut around that. Just go to the activate menu of the armory that you wish to save, and activate one by one, the loadout and traits, then the style, then the gear. And boom. Done.
  15. TheCursedOne Well-Known Player

I keep seeing people post this same statement over and over. You only have 6 slots to play with. Nether one takes any skill to use. If you can count to 6 and remember what order they go in then you are fine. The whole AM era still had challenges but all the devs had to do if they wanted more challenge is to just simply lower the damage out on all the AMs. No they instead change the whole game from the ground up and made most, if not every power feel clunky or slow.

I don't find the AM era to be a joke. Yes they did have problems and all of the AMs need some love in some way. Some of my best days in DCUO was using the AMs. Yes some was very boring and I did not like to use them. But some was very fun to play. I feel the only reason the AMs was taken out is because of a group vocal players here on the forums that never let up. They always wanted to days of clipping to come back, or wanted to use their weapon more, which is fine. Both should be a options, but so should the AMs.

Judging from the amount of people I'm seeing leaving the game I would say they seem to like the "easy way". I guess its ok tho, After the server settle down I wonder how many players will be left? Yes I'm sure you will get new players, but how long will they play the game. They are going to get stuck at a CR cause either A) Nobody at that Cr will help run content. Or B) End game players will not go back and play older content cause 1. no reward, and 2. take just about as long a end game raid. It will end just like Villain side. Bigger group of end game but nothing in the mid to lower content cause they cant find players.
    • Like x 2
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I want my power fixed.
    • Like x 1
  17. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

Thats a whole different problem outside this update as far as old content and veteran players not running it at which i agree with you(there needs to be an insentive for veteran players to run old content give us the marks and i will gladly help old players through old content il even try to help them with feats and if they want with their power/loadout). so prior to this there were people complaining high cr guy would come in and smash the raids giving them no chance to actually play it. Now people are complaining they cant go back and smash through it. I want new players to be able to experience all content when they play the game not to hop on and get steam rolled through content because then they dont get to enjoy that content but most important of all they fail to learn mechanics they fail to learn there power and there fore thats how we get end game players that even managed to mess up the easy of the easy AM playstyle.

i cant think of anything during AMs that was a challenge there wasnt a single piece of content during AMs that wasnt beaten in the first day or two. Most people who started playing during the AM era skipped majority of this games content.

people have always judged a new update just as harshly saying it will kill this game it will be the end. look i was there for a bunch of updates where people claimed the same thing was going to happen. Gu36, GU47, Weapon Mastery, Advanced mechanics, and now GU73 and there more things that people claimed were going to end this game like other games coming out i wont name the names of these games but im sure you can guess them.

People are simply ******** right now that they have to learn something new ive been there a bunch of times you know how many times ive quit this game because of updates and changes i didnt like ?? people get mad they quit they come back new players join old players come back people leave its a cycle and it will continue to happen.
  18. Eldum New Player

Best update ever 10/10
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Irmensul Well-Known Player

Played on and off since launch week 198 256 sp now confused where to put my points (dom/health resto or max out dom?) and my quite powerful dps outdamaged by a 176 healer..the revamp was said to make stats count more not less..in truth its made me weaker..a nerf..seems to me its designed to make money and make equipment and generator mods more relevant.
    A shame..one solution is to do 4 player versions of the now hard to get endgame raid runs
    • Like x 2
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

how can you guys consider the work you did here even remotely successful?
    • Like x 2