NOW AVAILABLE: The Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Alibaba New Player

when will immunity come back? pvp and pve is kinda ruined without immunity tbh
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Lol I'm good on auras but thanks tho I'll add you anyway ;)
  3. NightshroudFujiwara New Player

So current PVP battles aren't determined by character "traits"? Does that mean a battle will be won by the player with stronger internet or higher frame rate?
  4. NightSpells New Player

Remove the revamp . We all make mistakes . This was one . Admit it , remove it and we can move on .
    • Like x 3
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Ew no.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

So people who don't know how to play and only got high cr because they were carried can once again roflstomp low tier instances because they lack competence to play actually challenging stuff?

Naaah.
    • Like x 1
  7. Vanessa33335 Level 30

Challenging? you call all the nerf that ruined the game for most players and make almost all instances impossible or nearly impossible to beat ''Challenging''?, you gotta be one of the Jokers Clown right..

The only good thing(and cool) about this revamp is being able to use all powers nothing else. They pratically killed the pets effectivity and some powers are 'ruined' like Earth for exemple or should i say...Jackhammer SPAM? Great mechanics spamming only one hability :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Where did you get that info that "ruined it for most players" without hearing it around? Do you know the majority of active players to hear their opinion or are you just pulling out fake arguments out of your *** just to pretend you know what you are talking about? Because for me the game is easier, and I don't play Earth. I have noticed some players - and see how I'm not inventing fake stats here - actually complimenting the revamp. Oh, I get it, you want CRD back to be carried to high CR and roflstomp low tier raids?

Well, sorry if I'm giving you pure debauchery, but unless you show me actual stats of all the active player base and half + 1 player saying that the revamp "ruined the game" for them, I will not take you seriously at all. Go ahead and keep whining.
    • Like x 1
  9. recoil Committed Player

honestly the revamp isn't a matter of "skill". i went from being able to solo bounties after a long drawn out but equal footing fight meaning if i wasn't careful i could die, to not even doing damage. same to a lesser extent with lower missions. i ran south gotham courtyard with 130sp at 197 cr which would put the instance a good 3 tiers below me and i wasn't doing any real damage. wanna know the bad news? i was the one taking and dealing the most damage in that instance. every body else who were at level players got wiped out fast and repeatedly.
    • Like x 5
  10. sweetbabysabes Active Player

For those saying the revamp is great and more people like it. If you start at this thread and read through, probably more than half are not happy. Not because you can't stomp through the game. Cuz SP/CR don't matter at all...Someone with way less Sp or cr should not be able to do the same damage or near same damage as someone with more SP. Role players shouldn't be able to stay in the same damage as a dps period. They're nerfing atomic in a few days, and the game doesn't feel like a hero game anymore. Get rid of the Cr all together, let everyone enjoy the free to play game, make all stuff available. Try queing for missions or running gotham wastelands and defeating raven with 3 people after 2 hours of searching. I bet if you stay outside of you league, you won't get to much help. Most of us, don't have the time to be in leagues and run constantly. Jobs and Real life get in the way. However, I don't think people are unhappy with the revamp. They are unhappy with what they did to the revamp that made the game not as fun. I can say that I have 3 197 cr all with different powers, and a minimum of 250 sp. My highest has 311. I qued up over this wknd cuz I actually had some downtime. I spent over 35 minutes in LFG looking for help just to get into lower content. Noone is running it. That is the problem, and the few times something did que, the group got wiped quickly and people leave. Then you disband with no gain for your attempt at all on lower content and wasted time and money to repair gear. At least when 3 or 4 high cr were in a low mission, they could at least get you through. Now it's all or nothing. Still haven't seen a group yet fighting raven or the m-bot cuz it's not worth it to high players. So, maybe it's not the revamp so much as to what they did to make it more complicated. Yes, I have alts, I like the idea of working through the game on my main and getting a lower guy up quick with help. Then if a pickup group needs a troll, I could swap, healer? oh I got one for this. Now I don't see replay value to this. Maybe it's just me. But a majority I see aren't happy. I see a handful that back this revamp. I've found some other stuff to do when I get bored which don't take long. Standing around waiting for a few missions to que for gear sucks. LFG seems to pop for AGE of Justice and maybe some Typhon 410. Otherwise the same 6 people trying to complete a feat searching for 45 minutes before they give up. More players would complain, however, I think they left. Much like the 97 that were in my league that is now down to 2 or 3 of us. Maybe the devs need to find a medium so were not smashing through stuff, but also not nerfing heroes/villains to where were getting smashed by a way lower cr due to the buffs they reveive while were clamped. Only my opinion, not the opinion of all, but when I have time to get on here, I wanna play online with groups. Solo or duo is where I get most ques, not much else with spending a ton of time waiting or hunting for help. If I have 2 hours to play at night/day, I don't want to spend 35 just trying to find a group to help run something to get disband after the first boss. especially when I only need a piece of gear for a style.
    • Like x 5
  11. NightSpells New Player

I ran a raid top dps spammed ground pound . This revamp is ******** . Also I enjoyed plowing through low tier content . Now that I cant this game is just one big grind . I don't mind grinding , but the whole game shouldn't be . I worked for my 206 cr armor it should mean something .
    • Like x 2
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Please stop.
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Your opinions don't seem to be based on actual facts, so I'll pass
  14. OmegaMan nWo Level 30

So give us some facts then.
    My main is a troll and being a troll is detrimental unless you're in a raid. Even then its either too much power in low tiers or not enough in higher tiers and you're usually not viable without two trolls in higher tiers

Making all moves POT was brilliant and i wish it was the same for healers but when we can only supply power out for one move at a time, whats the point. The roleless buff is becoming a much better solution to even having the toll role in game.

Thats just the opinion of a guy thats been a controller since launch but whatever.
    Please serenade us with your "facts".
    • Like x 5
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

He doesn't even know what a 'one shot' is... I don't think he's been playing since launch. He didn't even know SOE and DBG were the same company.
    The point is Controllers didn't want to feel like batteries, and now they aren't. Too many people voicing their 'opinions' on what a Controller is supposed to be, no wonder it's a broken role. Players need to learn to manage their own power, . "I mostly didnt have power to recharge the Dps." ...stop they don't NEED power, Tanks need power and Healers need power. Can't wait to read the opinions on Healing...
  16. OmegaMan nWo Level 30

Well everything not relating to trollers is irrelevant and is your personal problem with him and not his words. Thats a slippery slope.

The point he's making is that trollers are batteries by definition, and the update should have simplified the role and ease the pressure to constantly supply power to power hungry players.

Instead we trolls simply lost our identity and became moot in most instances. This is not progress. On the surface its an illogical nerf. There hasnt been much in the way of a fix to this so what was the design intent? Do trolls focus on buffing because i can confidently say that most do not even know it exist. The trolls that have been around are aware of the demand the role comes with, being a battery. Since the update, we cant even do that effectively. And dont even get me started on SP, the worst thing you could be in game right now is a low sp troll or healer. You might as well find a new game to play.

This is all killing the role and its getting increasingly more difficult to find new players who undertsand the complexities of being a troll.

TL;DR Trolls need a overhaul to be effective as a battery/buff role. The current system isnt built for either and low SP troll = KICK in most cases.
    • Like x 4
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

They are not solely batteries which is why people run with 2 Controllers, 1 for CC/debuffs and 1 for power. In most content a troll isn't needed to power the group anyway. A friend pulled me into a BD pug group. Was there a troll? No. 2 at level tanks, 2 at level DPS, 2 CR200 DPS, 1 at level healer and me healing. Still got through it, didn't even wipe at last boss. Was power an issue? For some, yes. This mentality of Controllers being battery focused is what has broken that role.
    You can't run any role with low sp anymore so that point is moot. Low SP does not always equal kick, what cut throat group do you run with?
    Yes trolls could use another look at but not for the reasons you 2 are griping about. I want to see more CC from them before I see power out.
  18. monaka Well-Known Player

Umm, so DPS role does not need power? Why the hell does the tank or heal need power, for what? Why should they get power support?

I play all roles and my main is a controller, my tank uses very little power and in most content including raids, I can do without power spam. On my healer, I use power for healing as most healers do. In most runs, healers just simply spam power away without caring to manage their power bars but a controller is obligated to power this role that perhaps abuses the most of the power I provide as a controller.

Controller aren't batteries, in what world? My POT is less than half of what is used to be despite my vitalization remaining the same, my power spam gives limited power out unlike before, believe it or not, I am more power battery than ever before.

It's annoying when people just spurt out nonsense without any basis and your post is a perfect example of the same.
    • Like x 5
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

DPS can swing a weapon to do damage. Tank and Heal need power to keep the group alive. From my perspective it's the DPS that waste power.
    • Like x 1
  20. OmegaMan nWo Level 30

So you've basically restated what I said yet dismissed it all. Yeah, I think you're the problem in this thread. You wanna stick your head in the sand and ignore all other opinions and experiences. You should move on so others can converse without a baseless contrarian's constant rebuttals.
    • Like x 3