NOW AVAILABLE: Gotham Time Capsule and Vendor!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Embrace the darkness, the insanity, and the hope of Gotham City in the new Gotham Time Capsule! Dropping in-game today, this and all Time Capsules can be unlocked with Stabilizers. Stabilizers are earned in-game or purchased in the Marketplace.

If you’re looking to learn more about how to get, open, and use a Time Capsule - or what is in previous Time Capsules - check out our helpful guide!

GOTHAM TIME CAPSULE

The Gotham Time Capsule features a mix of classic and future-looking new gear, styles, and items inspired by the heroes and villains of Gotham City. Each Gotham Time Capsule contains one sub-capsule (more on that below) and items from a general list of rewards, including the all-new currency, Quarks, Soder Cola Ultimates, R&D Exobytes, complex materials, collections, and more.

Each capsule may also contain the new, ultra rare BOX OF THUGS, which is a variant version of the Back-Up/Henchmen trinket where you can choose between a set of Joker Goons or Riddler Goons as seen in Episode 29: Riddled With Crime.

Keep reading for more information on all the new sub-capsule rewards!

Gotham Gear Capsule

[IMG]

Inspired by the suit worn by Terry McGinnis in BATMAN BEYOND, the Beyond High-Tech gear and style set is at once sleek, classic, and out of this world. Each gear piece has a chance to drop in each Gotham Gear sub-capsule. When consumed, the pieces will become level-appropriate to your character. If you want to trade them, be sure to do so BEFORE you attune them!

Additionally, the Beyond styles can be upgraded into the Enhanced Beyond styles, with more detailed texturing and future tech. Enhanced styles are created using R&D recipes and Beyond Motes, also found in the Time Capsule.

Gotham Emblem Capsule

[IMG]

Gotham City is filled with criminals, nutjobs, and psychopaths. And there's one hero dedicated to taking them down. Show your support with the emblems from the Gotham Emblem Capsule. From left to right, you see emblems inspired by Catwoman, The Riddler, Man-Bat, Bane, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, and the al Ghuls. Oh, in the middle there? That's the Batman Rebirth emblem.

Collect them all for special feats, and remember each emblem can also be upgraded using Beyond motes into enhanced, emissive versions.

Gotham Collector's Capsule

[IMG]
    [IMG]

For the Gotham Collectors Capsule, we pulled out all the stops and have three, that's THREE, new auras: The Riddle Me This aura, the Sandstorm aura, and the Energy Vortex Aura. Taking on the villains of Gotham City is a tough job, so don't hold back.

QUARKS AND THE REWARDS FROM TIME AND SPACE VENDOR

NEW CURRENCY: QUARKS

Quarks are a new currency found in Time Capsules and spent in the new Rewards From Time And Space vendor (more on those rewards below). You'll receive Quarks in Time Capsules in two ways:
    • Quarks come in every Time Capsule you open, in addition to everything else you are used to finding in Time Capsules.
    • Each time you open a sub-capsule, you will have a choice in the loot picker of the regular reward OR (if you don't want that) an extra batch of Quarks.
    • Quarks are shared across and useable by all characters on your account.
    For more information about Quarks, read this Development Update.

NEW VENDOR: REWARDS FROM TIME AND SPACE

The Rewards From Time And Space vendor is new with Game Update 75, and features a wide variety of new rewards available for Quarks. Those rewards range from several consumable and early game supplies, to gear that will automatically level to you, to incredible new Auras and Materials. Make sure to check out the top reward, the Resplendent Cache! Keep reading for details!

New Materials

[IMG]

Two all-new materials are available for Quarks, the Stealth material (COMING SOON!) and the Blue Smoke material. The Stealth material is perfect for those of you who trend toward ninja or wish to lurk unseen in the night. It is a new kind of material that replaces the texture of your style while retaining the geometry and details of that style, while also adding a rich and highly detailed cloth vibe that shimmers in the light. The Blue Smoke material closely matches the Blue Smoke aura, and we recommend using both together for maximum effect!

New Modular Auras

[IMG]

A set of "modular" auras are also available on the Rewards From Time And Space vendor. What do we mean by Modular? We have variant versions of the new Energy Cell aura that apply the aura to certain areas of your character's body.

For example, the first image is the Hands variant, the second is the Head variant, and the third is the Head, Hands, and Feet variant. All are the Energy Cell aura, but with this additional layer of customization and option for your characters.

Tactical Mod Box

The Tactical Mod box is a box of, you guessed it, tactical mods previously found in Time Capsules. There is a box specifically for each powerset. When you open your capsule, you will be able to choose between two random tactical mods from that powerset.

Bonus: Water now has tactical mods and they are available through this box.

Bombardier Gear Box

Looking to gear up? You got it. The Bombardier Gear Box features gear that will automatically level to you (capped below the latest episode's gear). When you open the box, you will get to choose which gear slot you prefer. Especially of note, this gear will use the much sought-after Avatar Bombardier style. Go nuts!

Training Supply Kit

The Training Supply Kit is great for newer characters in the process of leveling. It includes 3 XP-Plus Booster Boxes, 12 Soder Cola Ultimates, and a random gear piece from the Bombardier Gear Box.

Crafting Supply Kit

The Crafting Supply Kit is great for anyone looking to get into R&D. It includes 20 Complex Materials and 60 Simple Materials.

Compound Omega Stash

The Compound Omega Stash is pretty straight forward. It includes 5 Compound Omegas that increase your Health, Power, Restoration, Vitalization and Dominance, Precision, and Might for 30 minutes.

The Resplendent Cache (COMING SOON!)

[IMG]

To cap things off, the Resplendent Cache is the most prized offering on the Rewards From Time And Space vendor. It is a massive bundle featuring the Opalescent material, the Diamond Mist aura (full body), and seven - count 'em, SEVEN - modular Diamond Mist aura variants (Head, Hands, Feet, Right Hand, Hands and Feet, Hands and Head, and finally Head, Hands, and Feet. The cache also comes with a four-star feat and title, "the Champion of Life."

Wear your elite material, auras, and title with pride!

NOW AVAILABLE!

The Gotham Time Capsule, Quarks, and the Rewards From Time And Space vendor are all available now. Log in and unlock yours today!

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Join the discussion below!
    • Like x 2
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Note: The Stealth Material and Resplendent Cache are not yet available on the vendor, but will be in the near future.
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Prices are way to high for the items in the quark vendor like drunk weekend in Las Vegas high.
    • Like x 15
  4. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Wouldn't that just be 20 complex materials? :)

(I'm assuming that should be 5 complex and 15 simple?)
    • Like x 1
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Looking forward too the Batman Beyond Style
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's actually 20 complex and 60 simples - fixed.
    • Like x 3
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's incredibly sad you guys are charging 107 quarks for a CHANCE to get a piece of avatar bombardier you might need, it's sad because we used to be able to get that style with only cash, now its behind both a pay and RNG wall.

It's not RNG, but still a pay wall, corrected myself
    • Like x 3
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

In the Bombadier Gear Box you can choose which item you want. Pretty much like the quest rewards from Sons of Trigon DLC.
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ahhh, thanks for correction, still wrong they did this to a once free style basically
    • Like x 3
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Wondering why the stealth mat and resplendent cache are not on the vendor. Already had 1 person say to me "its probably to get people to chase the other items 1st." Of course idk if thats why. But it seems odd to roll this out and have 2 items missing.
    • Like x 3
  12. Web Well-Known Player

The only people who are gonna like the quark system are dot com billionaires, Saudi princes( or princesses), and trust fund babies.
    • Like x 5
  13. Kuno Loyal Player

Meh. Overpriced. Another wasted oportunity to release cosmetic items, another currency nobody asked for and another thing that will be abandoned without updates in the next months like everything else (sidekicks, rare vendors, and so on...).

For Hera's sake, just put the cosmetic items on that ghost town called MARKETPLACE and let people buy the things they want straight from that without having to play lottery or collecting hundreds of quarks.
    • Like x 11
  14. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Even better. Thanks!
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

Is there a reason the enhanced beyond suit doesnt have a title? I see the one for the emblems. But not for the suit.
  16. Blair Level 30

I love you guys and most everything you do but I have to say the fact that everything in the Quarks vendor is "Account bound" therefore un-tradable really urks' me.
    As if 5129 Quarks for one material wasn't already enough, they're un-tradable?
    The amount of capsules you'd have to open alone to get that many is already crazy high, but now there's no motivation for anyone to do that if you can't sell them.
    It REALLY devalues the items in everyone's eyes.
    AT LEAST make them tradable.
    Beggin ya' cause I want that stealth material and have the in-game cash and not dropping the irl cash for it.
    I'll buy capsules, just not 500 of them.
    • Like x 2
  17. Kuno Loyal Player

In fact with those prices should be account wide, so we can redeem it with every character. Not just account wide.
    Not that I'm interested in the quark vendor items but I think this whole concept is very unfair.
    • Like x 3
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The current content gives the clue you've all been missing. Everyone needs to seek out this guy:

[IMG]

His suit used to be green. I wonder if DC sued him because he looked too much like Riddler?
    • Like x 1
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

I would do it that way ]:-|
  20. Arkenra Well-Known Player

C'mon this is getting kinda pathetic.. This will scare off so many players other then the ones who allready left the game.
    You're making items more expensive to get each time.. just bring back booster bundle and give us worth for our cash. Replay badges, repair bots, recovery kits and enhancer/rnd scanner and a chance to get one of these materials/aura's. Would rather buy the double amount of bundles for what i'm getting than the time capsule wich gives you a skillpoints for buying styles. Skillpoints for money. ---> what went wrong?
    • Like x 9