NOW AVAILABLE: Gotham Time Capsule and Vendor!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Capsule Refugee New Player

lol good question
  2. Tarif Committed Player

Lmfao. You have to open around 500 time capsules to even get 5000 built up for the vendor? Yeah, um, nope.
    • Like x 2
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

THERE ARE FIVE LIGHTS!

Oops, sorry, wrong universe.
    • Like x 1
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Aside from vendors showing up on everyone's map, the vendors are in multiple locations, including every police station/villain's club where they are difficult to miss.

And the one in the Watchtower is smack dab in the middle of the Watchtower, upstairs by the monitor womb. It's not hard to find. I had no idea where it was and just looked in the first obvious place to check, the Hub, and there it was on my map. With, unsurprisingly, a cluster of players around it.

Not that it isn't a good idea to be as explicit as possible; I agree with that. I'm just saying that this wasn't an omission that made things particularly difficult if people just looked before being baffled.
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

Have you signed in to the game using that account?
  6. Atomis Maximus Level 30

Oh is that what did it? Lol I thought it just started working. Thanks
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yes and I solved the issue in a similar fashion by simply going to shout and broadcasting "where is the Qwark vendo?r" And my FIRST thought was new DLC /NEW TC and I was in the hub looking for it around the telepad to the amusement mile zone.. so my next step if no one had bothered to answer me (because we all know how helpful that crew can be at times) would have been pull up map and start looking BUT You and i have played the game a long while and know all that stuff. There are CR 200 levels out there that have no clue how to even READ a map and a few that may not even know how to pull it up. Would some of them even known how to use shout let alone checking the map for vendor location?

Okay I spent over 20 years in the US Air Forces and I was a certified Training Instructor.. Here is an old ACRONYM we used that applies in this situation..... KISS. Which stood for Keep It Simple Stupid. Basically the KISS philosophy was always gear your lesson plan to the DUMBEST guy in the room...

Prime example : I had a friend that was involved in teaching different people how to use new computer programs. So I signed up and was in her class and day one, lesson one was "Turn your computer on by flipping THIS switch" LOL On a break I was teasing her about that and KISS became really clear... There were a few aircraft mechanics in that class that rarely ever touched a computer but this NEW program was going to give them on line access to Technical Orders they'd need to refer to to actually fix the planes. Lesson 1 existed because... those guys had never had to turn on a computer before in their lives!

Now take same principle and apply to where is this new vendor? Take a couple extra minutes and add 2 screen shots to the announcement. Picture one has the map up and the vendor's location has been circled in RED. Picture 2 is an actual shot of the vendor taken at an angle so it is obvious its on the top floor outside where Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are chatting. Add a line or two of text saying Vendor can be found on the top floor of the Watchtower hub. Outside the JLA Meeting room is located. Problem solved and even that brand new guy that has played for 2 hours can find it.

Hey you have been around a while and know what out lovely player base can be like. Ask a simple Question and get taunted,,abused and messed with forever without EVER actually getting an answer to the Question. Don't just assume everyone can find anything new in game on their own.. Let us know where it is.
    • Like x 2
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yep, took me a while to find the vendor after teleporting back to the WT war room. :( And I've been playing the game for years.

Could I have used Shout to ask? Sure, but between the offers to buy/sell gold, the endless streams of profanity, obscenity and smack talk, and the long conversations in languages that I don't understand (EU server), Shout is less than useful these days.

A couple of extra minutes spent on directions would have been good.
  9. hero turner Well-Known Player

All the new content is cool and all like the batman capsules, it would be nice to have all the previous capsules to randomly dropthat way we can get the gear andfinish collections that were dropped in those capsules there are some that are hard to get when you open the capsules and before you're able to finish the collections the capsules are over and the new ones began, I mean some of the stuff was really hard to get and the one's that are hard to get people that had extra of the hard to find ones would be trying to sell them in the broker for too much, I mean really the lowest price for one of them was 85 million wow I was like really! So I'm just saying why not let all the previous time capsules continue to drop so those of us who have not finished collecting the stuff can still try to get them.
  10. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Which ones yu want?
  11. hero turner Well-Known Player

Well I actually need the bloody knife collection to get the wings of sin,and I have a whole slew of them that I have not been able to complete in the previous time capsules from before. See I work a lot of hours so my Time is limited and I wasn't able to get everything, and I am certain that there's other people who have not finished either.
    • Like x 2
  12. hero turner Well-Known Player

The piece I am missing in the sin collection is the bloody knife.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You opened all the Arcane Time Capsules that dropped??
    Damm.... I still have a stack of 140+ of them.
    Heck I have like 400+ of the Team-up Capsules in my Shared Bank.

You can buy some Arcane Time Capsules from the Broker $1000 each if you really need more.
  14. Compound Omega Level 30

How has the drop rate been with this Time-Capsule? Anyone have any luck?
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

My luck has been pretty rotten with the GTC.
    Or they lowered the drops of the rare items??

You decide. ;) ;)
  16. hero turner Well-Known Player

What can I say I was so desperate to get the last piece I spent money to buy the keys to open the dam arcane boxes til there was nothing left and not one of the boxes had the bloody knife piece. I even had hoped the in game broker would have it and it did but dam the greedy price gougers wanted 85,million and up! So I was hoping it would pop up sooner or later in the arcane boxes so I would open them everytime I got a key, just one lousy piece to complete the collection ohhh well I guess It's my loss.
    • Like x 1
  17. hero turner Well-Known Player

Well maybe the piece will wind up being a drop in the promethium boxes as a rare collection or something.
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Finished 2 collection, the energy vortex aura and riddler aura....not too shabby for me!
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

How many GTC did you open to manage that??
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah....I see what you mean.

Did you get anything worth selling??

I get that buying the $85M collection is tought when luck is against you and all the stuff you get from TC is worth like $100K.

Heck that is pretty much the rotten luck I had from the GTC.
    All I would get from GTC was worth very little $$$.

So in the end I pretty much had to play the Broker to be able to get enough $$$ to buy the head and chest from the Broker. :(
    • Like x 1