Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You're healing me tonight then. :p
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

lol just warning you now you might end up dead!!
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I use CoP, shards, ritualistic word, watcher, and for raids soul siphon or transmutation and shield for alerts
    • Like x 1
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Nah. You're fine. I'll be alive and well
  5. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

There's not much that RW clipped with rejuv can't fix with watcher out. That little eye is awesome but the trick is not to treat him like fury meaning don't use rw everything is off cool down. Save rw for when you need group heals otherwise watcher blows his power bar. I usually swap shard and soul syphon depending on the instance. But you always want some form of karma applicator.
    • Like x 3
  6. Avian Dedicated Player

Sorry, didn't notice that you answered my question :)

I usually go for the 3 sparring targets when testing. I'm trying to figure out how to play sorcery to get the most out of it for multi target and single (mostly meant for SM)

I'm guessing you can really only get the red soul aura in SM when defeating the adds but I don't know how long it stays up, I'm assuming it disappears some time after you have begun the boss fight (and if you get KO'd)?

The loadout I'm messing with right now for SM purposes is Transmutation, CoD, Fury, Grand Summoning, WoD & Offering with Hand Blaster's Solar Flare combo.
    I tried testing it on a single target and I'm getting more damage using CoD compared to Soul Well (I started my actual parses after I got 3 Soul Wells up) and I prefer WoD over Shard of Life because of it's low CD & the ability to clip.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good SM boss fight loadout?
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

CoD on an enemy with Bad Karma is your highest damaging ability. Soul Well is your second highest.

You will want to make sure you have Soul Well out before an enemy dies as it will grant you +3% crit chance if an enemy dies while it is out.

WoD is the next highest damaging ability, but it is pure single target. So, when going up against a single target boss in SM it is much more useful than multiple target situations.

Soul Shard is actually stronger than any of the abilities that deal more damage against enemies with Bad Karma, except WoD on single targets, as long as at least 2 of it's DoT ticks play out.

Transmutation is only useful over Shard in cases where it hasn't been at least 2 seconds since you have last cast Shard.
  8. spookyspawn Level 30

Whats the best Sorcery Healer Loadout atm?

Currently Running:

Circle of Destruction, Rejuvenate, Boon of Souls, Ritualistic Word,

Summon Watcher, Shard of Life

Is this a pretty standard? or does anyone have anything better?

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Some like watcher some don't. Some prefer shard some like soul syphon. SW works too when you don't run boon. Trans is a good one of you keep bad karma on everything

10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Sorcery healer loadout depends on the situation.

Circle of Protection, Rejuvenate, and Ritualistic Word are vital, for the HoTs (COP), burst heals (Rejuvenate on single target and RW as group burst heal).

You have omitted Soul Well. Soul Well is quite easily THE most power-efficient heal. Provides very small HoTs, but grants a moderate burst heal to anyone within its range when an enemy target dies within its range. More adds equals more burst heals. However, in boss fights, you can drop Soul Well if there are little to no adds.

Boon of Souls, as a shield, really proves its worth only in boss fights or in objective phases where the shield affords you protection as you interact or carry out objectives. Hardly necessary in situations where the only enemies are adds.

Shard of Life and Transmutation. Two situational heals. Shard of Life is better used on a Tank, being a localized burst heal centred around a target, and having a small heal range around the target and adding bad Karma on any targets in that area. Transmutation, as a area burst heal, has greater heal range around a target to heal your group if they are spread out. Does not add bad Karma.

Watcher is just a backup. Do not bother powering up Watcher with Ritualistic Word in the way you would powering up Fury using Offering. Just let Watcher run on near empty power until you have to use Ritualistic Word for group heals. Then Watcher will provide a secondary burst heal for your group if they need heals.

Soul Syphon, as a frontal area bursst heal, is good to use on adds, and adds bad Karma and grants Golden Soul Aura for extra 10% Crit Heal Chance, which is a very sizable heal buff.
  11. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

How is sorcery these days I haven't played since the Love and war raid with the sapphire lanterns?
  12. Kajuru Well-Known Player

My healer loadout is Rejuv, RW, Shard, Circle, Boon and SW

While I run it all the time, my main heals are Circle and Shard.

Eg. DPn/e: Ninjas > Circle. Next group of ninjas, Shard. Rinse and repeat.
    Never run out of power. Any damage the team takes is immediately restored.

Rejuv and RW I use in the oh crap moments.

In Raids(Bosses) I try to cast as many SWs as I can, preferably in the middle since its range is so big.
    Big damage dealt: Boon>RW>Rejuv. The HoTs from Circle/SW and Shard will help prevent spamming the instant heals.

With exception of Skirmishers, I hope the team is close to the mobs to heal back from Bad Karma I placed with Shard.
    [IMG]
  13. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

How exactly does the sorcery advanced mechanic work? I was using offering, fury, shards, cod, wod, and soul well but i'm not sure how to run the rotation so that I can get power back can someone shed some light on this for me please?
  14. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

With fury out, when you use offering you trigger power regeneration fir the next 2 summoning tree powers or cod or wod. You only get regeneration for 2. So you basically hit offering_weapon combo clip power_weapon combo clip power_weapon combo clip offering

15. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

Thanks
  16. Jupiter Ross Well-Known Player

I need to know if watcher's heals are restoration or cr based???
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The watcher is cr base
  18. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Cr
  19. Jupiter Ross Well-Known Player

Ok thx...wasnt sure
  20. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Watcher is awesome in larger areas. He has a tendency to be on the other side of the room and is the best way to cope with the tank centric heals sorcery provides. I notice the people who claim issues with sorcery range healing tend to be pet biased. I've seen it in HH and bn when bosses are split the watcher remains by the isolated tank and provide heals while I focused on the group