Nexus of Reality (Raid) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liongale Dedicated Player

The content of the DLC8 was done right in terms of mix of fun and difficulty. Nexus needs to be re-adjusted to add the fun element back in engaging in this content. Because the new duos and alerts, while fun, are with small groups, and people are still going to have to go somewhere to get their 8 man content. I'm sure you know what needs to be done to correct Nexus to be enjoyable and not a frustration-fest (time to nerf it).

Lower the damage output of the bosses. Actually add the grace timer to make up for lack of animation/server-to-player time (there has been no change in the time as previously stated in the past patch notes). Fix the broken mechanics, like for example how the Unstable Bot in the Third Encounter most of the time fails to debuff the boss, even when the bot is right next to the boss, with no one between them, no possible issue that could cause it not to fail, but it still fails.
    • Like x 9
  2. Liongale Dedicated Player

Will Nexus be fixed/adjusted/tuned? I don't want this black eye be forever here. I just want to know.
    • Like x 2
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Increase the drop rate of the Traces in Time Head, Shoulders, and Chest. We all know they drop in Nexus yet no one has these pieces. :mad:
    • Like x 1
  4. AJPro Committed Player

I see no lessening of difficulty promised in gu 29

Why promise then not deliver. Lessen the one shots especially the aoe 1 shots in final boss. Easy fix make the shield protect the owner of shield from aoe like before you fixed.
    • Like x 3
  5. Massah Committed Player

In addition to the increased drop rate please make Traces in Time loot unattuned as we get solo loot now and it would be more beneficial if One could collect the gear in a desired role or save it for a planned power respect.

As rare as Traces in Time Head is it would be greatly frustrating to get in a role-powerset you have no desire to be - but are better off paying to switch to the power for the Style feat rather than having a usable Best item gear-drop.
    • Like x 2
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Also since there is a precision and might based version please make them where we can chose wither we want the precision or the might gear. Seriously. I got the precision 88 back twice in Wave and it doesn't help me at all. I'm still using the might 87 back instead.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Ah, Nexus. My favorite thing is to see how many AoEs I can run into in a short period of time. Last night, I rolled out of a bunker buster (successfully) into a team mate who had just rolled out of another AoE, but happened to be poisoned. Both of us died, and a whirlpool spawned under us, so we couldn't be rezzed. Fun times! Almost as fun as rolling out of a charging boss in Paradox, only to hit an invisible bubble that then knocks you right back in front of the charge, killing you. Get picked up, then encased and die again. So much fun! Unlike other games, this one is totally about skill. I love it!

EDIT: Did get a Vit 5 E plan out of Nexus (with an 86 troller back I couldn't use), so there's that. If anyone needs a crafter, hit me up. ;)
    • Like x 3
  8. The Hornet New Player

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOB! :eek:
    • Like x 2
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

:(
  10. Sylo Committed Player

Yes, falling victim to piss poor game mechanics definitely makes someone a noob. Only the leet can avoid such shoddy mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  11. The Hornet New Player

Lex's group one-shot is brewed and then distilled, and then fermented from the tears of well-meaning pugs.
    • Like x 3
  12. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Nexus is 1 of those raids you knock out the last room the first time or many other try's . Sometimes you just have to get a lucky run and hope those darn AOE's don't have a good mixture on teammates. When ive seen Professor drop a gas grenade on a fallen member that's when I started to laugh and say dang you DCUO lol. Just have to go back in there and go at it again and hope for better AOE's to be missing the group
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Smells like . . . victory.
    • Like x 1
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

See, that's the problem. Good raid design should include solid, well-intentioned difficulty mechanics that can be learned and overcome, not just a storm of cheap one-shots that require a "lucky run." No other raids in this game have been like that. Prime wasn't. FOS 2 wasn't. And those were the gold standards for challenging raid content. Yes, they had one-shots, but once you learned the correct approach, they were manageable. Furthermore, many could at least be blocked through. For these T5 raids, it seems like they just came up with a bunch of unblockable one-shot mechanics and left it to the AI to distribute them, which results in often overlapping AoEs, including some popping right under fallen team members. Luck does not equal challenge.
    • Like x 5
  15. Kevington New Player

It's time to completely revamp the last room of Nexus.

No more one shots of any kind, visible or invisible. Think of something else. Pull the raid from the game if you need to while you're working on it, but it's time to go back to the drawing board on this one. As it currently stands, it and Paradox are ugly, open sores on an otherwise great game.
  16. MentosTroll Loyal Player

can we please remove the auto-grounding in the whole final boss room. I used to fly up over the damage pools and now I can't.
    Figure out another way of removing the rafters exploit without punishing flyers for kiting the boss.
    • Like x 1
  17. Massah Committed Player

Yeah makes it hard to cover ground across the arena to revive fallen members (I'm Acro and I normally double-jump then Zip line....now that is a No-No)

But then again I cannot use that method in Paradox which is a walk-athon. Have people gotten the speed=feat having to walk thru an Orb mine field to un-jail their solo Healer?
  18. chaotic3430 Committed Player

We ran it this weekend, Generals reality with Professor and Space with damage pools. The shields would sometimes show, other times not. Damage pools tend to spawn under downed teammates regularly. Animations were sluggish on all bosses causing a lot of one hits. Then after grinding for hours we all end up with off role 85 gear that was useless, last boss gave all 86 off role gear minus one person got 86 DPS legs. No weapons, no plans, no rare drops. Waste of time and effort.
    • Like x 4
  19. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Shields not popping up, unreactable AOE one shots(because of animations not loading up), fix these please
  20. Mazarati Active Player

I did nexus 8 times in a row and never stayed past 1 hour. the raids are dropping bull loot. I could have sworn they did an update less than 2 weeks ago promising better loot and all. it looks like we got the reverse effect with the long end of the forget you stick now shut up and take it. Paradox is no better. did it 4 times and i got more healer 88 gear than dps or tank. im a fire power set player. every-one else have been saying there getting healer gear also. is dcu really pushing healer gear on us so that we spend the 10 more dollars specking into that power set? shame on you dcu. overall the only change i see is that you gm's aren't giving us what you promised us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.