Nexus of Reality (Raid) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Thanks to everyone who took a shot at the Nexus of Reality on the Test Server and especially those who gave feedback. This raid is not a cakewalk and we appreciate those who tried it. A lot of tuning tweaks were made based on your feedback. Major kudos to Odyssey in that regard!

Now that this content is live, we expect more people to try their luck in the Nexus of Reality. Success will be difficult without first upgrading your gear in the DLC7 Operations. As you venture into the Nexus of Reality, this is the thread for your feedback and where you can report any issues that might pop up.

Thanks!
    Quixotic
  2. Emerald_Starlight New Player

My league and I are in the raid right now. We died right when we entered the first room lol, didn't realize it was a boss fight. We've made several attempts on the first boss & we're improving with each time. Our last time we got all 4 Lex's down to 50% health. We're still in the raid right now and we're heading back in : ) wish us luck! I'm going to record it this time in case we get off.
  3. DizzyKraken Developer

Good luck Emerald! Hope you guys get some positive advancement and have fun learning what to do!
  4. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Is it alright if i offer some feedback on the 4-man ops?
  5. Emerald_Starlight New Player

WE ALMOST JUST BEAT THE FIRST BOSS. We lost a dps early on, but it was still one of our best runs yet, we had all the bosses really low & then our healer disconnected....not cool. We would've beaten it if not for that. I'm rendering the video right now.
  6. Zpirit Dedicated Player

IMO the 4-man ops are a bit too easy.
  7. Frost New Player

Posted this earlier in a thread I created and was advice to use this thread for it. So with my league, we got through the first room and managed to defeat "general Luthor" (painfully) in the second room. As we moved on to the 3rd room however, we faced "Future Lex" which by what we have seen so far seems to be arguably the toughest. Looks like we pulled the short straw with this one.

This isn't about the difficulty of the fight but more about the fact that there seems to be no special attack symbol, warning or skull head from him whenever he is about to one shot us all with a killer move like all raid bosses have. I had a dev just confirm that it is indeed working as intended. So I am just wondering if anyone has faced him yet. If so were you able to defeat him? We are still trying to figure out the deal with the nexus bot he spawns every couple of minutes. We do know so far that it provides him with some sort of a damage and defense buff.
    • Like x 1
  8. Silver Wing New Player

how were you guys able to pull off a raid when the mics were down?
  9. junglejim New Player

Love it. We got to the last boss with t4 gear . This is what we have have been screaming out for so when the inevitable cries for nerfs come please ignore them. With more time we could've maybe finished the last boss. We ran 1 tank until we reached the nexus sentries just before the final boss then had to use 2 . This was the villain side. The video will be live very soon for any interested see Sig. For link
  10. Emerald_Starlight New Player

I started recording a little late into the fight just because we had wiped so many times. We lost 1 of our Dps before I started recording (we were running 2 of each role, all 89 cr+ full T4) and at 4:50 in the video our main healer disconnects. Not many disconnects on the first day of a DLC, so that was a surprise, but if not for the loss of our healer we definitely would've finished the first boss with 7 people, and then with 8 we could've possibly finished the rest of the raid.
  11. MercPony Devoted Player

I love how challenging this raid is! I feel Professor Luthor could use a better tell for when he is about to do the big pull move.
  12. Daddio New Player

Steamworks Batman is a Bugger, the effects he throws on team members need to be a bit more pronounced.
    • Like x 1
  13. General Powers New Player

^
  14. Mcluv3n New Player

professor lex is no joke had him as the 3rd boss guess we gonna have to take him & future lex out 1st
  15. YodaDog New Player

Healing is challenging and fun again. Thank you so much for this content. Really enjoying it. I got into a nice group over the weekend and we beat down the 4 Lex's. 2nd boss fight broke us down and sent us packin though.. Much more to learn about how to spot and evade those super attacks. Especially without the usual warning sign above the head..
    • Like x 2
  16. Doc Holliday New Player

We made it to the 3rd boss with really no issues, but some of the one shotting is a bit overkill. I mean it has nothing to do with talent or experience, however when ppl can get one shot by trash adds, idk feels a bit much.

Full T5 is not going to help with 20k crits lmfao.

Other than that really enjoyed the raid.

EDIT: forgot to mention that we 7 manned the 4 Lex's once one of our dps's got one shot lol. Kinda epic, 1 tank btw.
  17. Dogzday Dedicated Player

I have to agree with a couple people on here about the difficulty factor of Nexus of Reality. The issue is that it is almost impossible to tell if a boss is going to use a special attack.

For example, it is uncertain if Cybernetic Lex Luthor is going to call his Bunker Buster on you. And when he does, it hits you in exactly one second, quite severe if you are channeling a power. Even if you roll out of it, you can get hit for over 2k when your 100% Dodge buff ends.

Similar to that, it is hard to tell when he is going to call his poisonous cloud attack on you, the AoE that sprays across the far ends of the chamber. This essentially wipes three people without giving us time to react.

I strongly believe either:
    1. the animations are slowed down slightly,
    2. the damage is spread over a short time (instead of one instant damage, do two ticks of 55% damage over 1-2 seconds),
    3. the AoE range is decreased slightly, or
    4. it is more noticeable if he is using a special attack.
    I can't post any videos about this, so apologies for that!
  18. ToXiCx313 New Player

No problem solo tanking, I can take the damage, however DPS need more t5 as they are kinda squishy and most of the time get 1hitted at 2nd boss.
    Gonna do today the 1st league run, I hope we'll manage to finish it.

btw, if someone got to the 4th boss(the split) with solo tank, can it be done like this? If yes, some advice would be highly appreciated

//and I agree with dogzday, the special attacks should be visible to everyone, because now only tank can see that a special attack will come, however, still not able to predict which one will be until he hits.
  19. Kordana New Player

I agree the bunker buster is a little quick on cybernetic. Extremely short warning. But the biggest problem with it is that it hits you far outside of the graphic shown on the floor. If it lands right on top of you, sometimes a roll doesn't even get you outside the blast radius. And there was a few times where I didn't roll because it looked like I was well outside the circle but still got hit by it.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

We actually took out Professor and Cybernetic first. Future was pretty easy on his own. General wasn't as much a problem as the enrage timer was. Once those reinforcements come streaming in, you have very little time to finish him off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.