New powers confirmed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Davis, Aug 15, 2014.

1. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

That's what I took away from it; that eventually they would be the next two lantern powers. We have had red, green and yellow lanterns in the storylines and we also got them for powers, too. Orange so far has only showed up for seasonal feats for christmas time. SS would probably be heroes and orange for villains. Exactly when, I couldn't guess since they have now decoupled powers from dlcs.
  2. TheCrystalGod New Player

for once i am happy about the powers, you guys want more lanterns? really?! there 2 already. why get more? let other potential powers come first. Atomic should stay as it is, i would LOVE to see Atomic healing, munition sounds very cool to be a controller and same for experimental serum sounds cool to be a tank. bane powers is all about tanking if you think about it. serum = inject in body to make you stronger or and unbeatable. sounds very good. stop complaining and wait till the powers come out! who knows you will like the powers when they come out and you will regret everything you posted. and please don't talk about water...... that's almost the same as ice..since ice IS water...but in another form. new powers sounds better and less boring than get a water or a 3rd lantern power. really... trust me. i do hope atomic comes first, as i wanna try atomic healing.
  3. John Brawler Committed Player

no, we're not getting lantern powers with part two.
  4. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

I would not be surprised if they changed the name from atomic to something like transmutation or conversion or something similar where, as was suggested by someone else (I forget who it was) that the trees would be fission and fusion. The obvious division would be fission for dps and fusion for the healing tree.
  5. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

l guess it was just a joke about changing names. Nobody will call power like "celluar radiation", it's just silly. And with changing name it could lead to changing abilities & then changing power color & then it'll lead to completely another power. Also here is enemy "Morrowbot A1", so they should rename it to "Morrowbot CR1" as well if they, & "Nuclear Winter Leader" to "Celluar Regeneration Winter Leader" etc. No way, Atomic sounds ideal as it is, trees could be Nuclear & Molecular or Radiation & Molecular.

If development team wants rename something better it will be lllusions tree to Telepathy tree & Quantum powerset to Continuum powerset.

The only rename l admit with that it's power name to Nuclear. With tree names "Fusion" & "Fission", but then it won't be directly related to molecular stuff. Better Atomic, with one tree (Nuclear) = change Atom #'s with releasing energy through radiation, another (Molecular) = displacement of atoms inside molecules & transform matter this way.
  6. TheWhiteFace New Player

Hmm... Interesting idea and concept! I'm not a big pet fan myself, but I think this idea could be implemented somewhere down the road.
  7. SinestrosTaken New Player

I really hope it will. (No pun intended cos im tired of people using that so much now, seriously get new jokes) . I understand its not something for everyone but no one can deny it would be awesome to charge into battle with 6 badass construct allies at your side.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We also have Blue Lanterns in the game. They told us last year we would have seen all the Lanterns by the end of the trilogy. That in absolutely no way means we will be getting power sets for each of the lanterns...
  9. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

If they were to change the name, it might be to save themselves from being "called out" on not having an atomic power like what has been perceived in the game so far, like with the apparent atomic power that's been used by the brother eye robots.
  10. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

No, it doesn't necessarily,. but during the WotL part 1 "from concept to game" livestream, Jens did say we would get Blue Lantern powers for WotL part 2. However, with the Trexlight Q&A, both Water and Blue Lantern powers were said to be ones where they were concerned about not only having sufficient powers to warrent having those powers, but also making them look right. This combined with the decoupling of powers from dlc missions does leave the question of Blue Lantern powers up in the air. During the from concept to game livestream, we also saw that blue lanterns would be coming, both in the form of npcs characters that are actual blue lanterns, characters turned into blue lanterns because of the blue mists, the saint walker legends character and concept art of a blue lantern style set.

Red, green and yellow lanterns have shown up in game and we got powers for them. So, to me, seeing wonder woman and lex as lanterns does give an indication that they are thinking of having SS and Greed Lantern powers for players.
  11. Zylo Committed Player

FREAKEN FINALY A BANE POWER SET!!!!

ive been waiting since day one for this to happen and cant wait for it to arrive. goodbye fire, hello expiremental serum.
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

Some pretty big assumptions you have there.
  13. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

And so far, it tracks.
  14. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

l doubt about it. PS3 has limited resources, so using visuals & sound effects for both playable & NPC character will be good choice. Finally, all of those NPC's usually have only 1-3 abilities. Here's no reason to not use them as part of new power? Here are people who waited for Atomic powers almost 4 years, can they get exactly long-awaited Atomic powerset finally? l believe devs want do this, otherwise they wouldn't announce it.
  15. FutureCrusader New Player

I think you are playing too much Infamous.
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No he most definitely did not say this, ever. Yes we are getting gear for those Corps, but we are not getting powers based on them. At least not anytime in the foreseeable future. I, of course, can't predict what will happen in 5 years.

Just because a character appears in game does not mean we will get corresponding powers. Where are our feral powers, like Cheetah and Catwoman? Where is our Lasso/Whip weapon like Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy and Wonder Girl use? The list goes on.
  17. StarshipAwesome Well-Known Player

Yes, I saw where it was pointed out to me that I misremembered.

No, but 3 of the 4 corps that have shown have also had their corps available to players. Catwoman's whip attack is already a lantern power and there's the iconic power: mesmerizing lasso and the only "feral powers" at the moment are with the werewolf form.
  18. Silent Juice New Player

Little slow to the party huh? Those powers have been confirmed for a while now
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Uh, check the date. The thread was made within minutes of them being announced.
    • Like x 1
  20. Ice Clown New Player

Its like saying gadgets and munition and how theyre both based off of human weapons. Theyre the same, yet theyre different.

well people like aquaman and mantis lives in the ocean with water, not ice... its like saying marvel's iceman can all of a sudden become a waterman? Yes they are the same, but how ice and water is used in comic books feels like theyre different. Its like saying how a fire and lava power is the same in comic books, can marvel's pyro all of a sudden shoot out lava? no he cant.

Theyre the same, yet theyre different. And can be made into different powers.
    • Like x 1