New powers confirmed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Davis, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No they can't just do what they want. Everything has to be approved by DC before it goes in game and DC are very protective of the Lantern lore, the devs themselves have even told us this. Unless a villain Blue Lantern appears in the comics we will never get a Blue Lantern set available to villains in the game, and I don't see them making a hero exclusive power.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It was announced at SOE Live a week and a half ago.
    • Like x 2
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Blue lanterns are good. There is no black and white with them. They are all religious leaders for the most part and non -violent. Then there is the fact that Villain Blue lanterns don't have greens on there side. Villains are more selfish than hopeful. The hope the Blue Lanterns are about is one of a better tomorrow and perseverance through adversity. A villain's Hope is to be mega rich or their enemies dies. There are Corps like Red, Star Sapphire, Indigo , and Orange that are grey but Blue is pretty much locked in on the "white" side of the scale.
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

Nope they can't do what they want otherwise we would all have Batman cowls and emblems for every hero and villain. Hope is staying and will always remain hero until written otherwise.
  5. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

DC is a part of the "THEY" it's a partnership and there's a team behind the script sorry if i don't name any members involved or the process used before a release. But you're right and I apologize if my opinion disturbs some of the followers of this thread. Thanks, it was interesting and a pleasure to debate. That's what I like on the forum! ;)
  6. SinestrosTaken New Player

I think they should just stick with hope to complete the set. However I would love to have a black or white ring. Hell even a pet-based orange ring would be AWESOME.
    but having more than 3 light powers is a bit too much. This is DC Universe online. Not Lantern corps Online.
  7. SinestrosTaken New Player

Since when is a green lantern ring the only way to genereate will? The green lantern ring was created BEACAUSE of will, its not the source of it. Hence it follows that as long as there is will in the vecinity they should ge able to use their rings to some effect.
    Even if youre right and they are useless without green lanterns, that is nitpicking it extremely. Hope should be a powerset and it should function without will. If you are so nitpicky than you should he pissed that will and fear are one power, that rage can make constructs and that rage players can equip any weapon that isnt brawling. No lantern ring in the game doesnt contradict with their lore somehow and thats fine. Cos its a GAME and doesnt NEED to follow certain lores barely anyone knows about and could be sidestepped easily by anyone with minimal storytelling skills.
    • Like x 1
  8. SinestrosTaken New Player

Atrocitus cant make construct, hal and guy can only because theyre green lanterns. The only fullyfledged red lantern who can make constructs is called rankorr.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/66303/2123118-screen_capture.png

Sorry i had to add a link but i dont know how to add pictures,
  9. Milutin Mujovic Well-Known Player

Actually I am pretty sure that we are welcomed to their corps upon reaching certain lvl. I know I got a message from someone welcoming me to the Green Lantern Corps. Just saying.
  10. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Incorrect. Atrocitus and Dex-Starr can create constructs also. The main reason most Red Lanterns can't make constructs is because they're so overcome with Rage that they cannot think properly. However once a Red Lantern has been bathed in the Blood Ocean of Ysmault they regain their intelligence and ability to think clearly. This doesn't automatically mean they can create constructs though. Rankorr is kind of an anomaly because he was able to fight the influence of his red ring and overcome the rage and regain his intelligence on his own. The reason he can create constructs is believed to be some kind of secret in his blood because Dex-Starr gained the ability to make constructs when he licked up some of Rankorr's blood.
    • Like x 2
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The message you are referring to is probably the one you got when you used a Light respec token that came with the Fight for the Light DLC. There was a voiceover that welcomed you to either the Green Lantern or Sinestro Corps.
    • Like x 1
  13. SinestrosTaken New Player

Firestorm focuses on 'transmutations' like alchemy. It likely wont be a fire reskin.
  14. SinestrosTaken New Player

Ah i see. Sorry if i was incorrect, its just i have to catch up to red lantern comic books then lol. Anyway it seems rankorr is the only one naturally able to use constructs. And constructs not heing as key as other lanterns when it comes to rage
  15. SinestrosTaken New Player

Lets not forget sending them flying to space.
  16. SinestrosTaken New Player

Agreed. Villains still hope and heroes still fear. But story wise it simply doesnt make sense
  17. SinestrosTaken New Player

Hal jordan, sinestro, saint walker, atrocitus, the zamarons and such do not choose who the rings go to. The rings do. When a lantern dies the ring chosses someone who is approproate sinestro has no say neither does anyone. Simon baz was chosen completely randomly.
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes I know the ring does the choosing, but the rings are programmed to find a certain type of person. If the higher ups do not like who was chosen then they can strip the person of their ring, like how Sinestro was stripped of his Green Lantern ring when the Guardians of the Universe discovered that he was enforcing peace through fear.
  19. SinestrosTaken New Player

Yes they can be stripped. But i dont think they are programmed. Simon baz who i mentioned is a criminal when he is chosen to wield hal's ring after his death. If you post some evidence then i wont deny it but based on what i have read the rings have no way of recognising the type of person theybchoose aside from 'inspiring fear/hope/will etc'

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2012/09/07/1226467/172458-muslim-superhero.jpg

http://cdn1-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2012/10/file_197403_0_gl13658.jpg
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, actually, it would crush everything. The centripetal force of the Earth's rotation is what keeps it's gravity from crushing us. If he sped up the rotation, he could send us flying off, though. ;)