New powers confirmed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Davis, Aug 15, 2014.

1. John Brawler Committed Player

"oh come on, this place is too big to get through" "where you wanna go?" "tech wing... why? wait... what are.. crap put me doooooooooooooooown! *crash* "i'm okay"
  2. Tazpocalpse Well-Known Player

Call me a idiot but I am getting excited about serum. Imagine this different serums giving different powers. As a tank would it not be cool to use a bouncing boy serum to bounce around the room hitting adds. How about a serum that causes things to literally stick to your body. I am hoping they use different and diverse serums from dc comics lore to make a diverse powerset.
    • Like x 1
  3. FelixDuo Committed Player

I'm personally more interested in Serums for the chance of it having some physical attacks. I've long wanted to make a purely physical character, and have done so to an extent, but Serums sounds like it could be better for that than any power we've had so far. Oh how I hope there's a super punch that sends enemies flying.

I also have a good idea of what I'm going to do with my Atomic character. A Tamaranian like Starfire! Unless the visual effects just don't look right in which case I'll figure something else out.
  4. SinestrosTaken New Player

Im sorry no. You cannot scientifically justify superheroes. It takes away the fun :)
    It wouldnt be as funny if superman flying around the world and turning back time was possible now would it?
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Lol, technically, Superman stopping the Earth's rotation would kill every living thing on the planet!
    • Like x 1
  6. SinestrosTaken New Player

Also, people are talking about superman cosplays but anyone doing a cosplay who would be satisfied with serums replacing the power of a kryptonian is not someone who thinks too deeply about cosplays.
  7. Mortainous New Player

Don't know if it was stated yet but atomic makes perfect sense for a healer. Most issues occur within the human body at the atomic level so healing is viable. The whole point of atomic being healing in the grand scheme of things is the worldwide promotion of genetic engineering and enhancement being a "good thing".
    • Like x 1
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

Actually that would be kind of cool, though if it is possible how would we know if someone has changed the future?
  9. TheWhiteFace New Player

I believe Munitions is more gun/military based whereas Gadgets is more Batman, police, thug, or rather Joker based. That's just my guess. I'm disappointed with their power choices. We knew Atomic was coming, but Munitions and Experimental Serums!? I can understand Munitions, but why not Water or Hope? I guess they just really wanted to do something different. Besides, I guess people did want a Bane-like power.

Hey does anyone remember the Nanosynth shields from back in the day in the OMAC base mission? I hope that will be a group shield/supercharge for Atomic. More likely to be a supercharge though... Unless they really want to be extreme.
  10. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

They can't do Water currently, because its visuals are too difficult for PS3. Having Blue Lanterns on villain side would be epic canon stretch, which DC won't approve. We all know it.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheWhiteFace New Player

Animations? Hmm... Unfortunate. What's also unfortunate is that people know that. It's a shame. No emotion or ring should be reserved for only one morality. I think it's silly to think that a person has limited emotions because of their morality. A person's a person, no matter how big or small.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

The emotions themselves aren't controlled by morality but who distributes the rings is. Sinestro is very tyrannical and only wants those that will aid his cause to command Fear. On ther side, Ganthet formed the Blue Lantern Corp and each new member has similar ideals to him.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheWhiteFace New Player

Spies?
  14. Infamous Hacker Active Player

1. Completely irrelevant. I am merely pointing out their similarities. They both fall under the umbrella of technology. Thats one way they are similar.

2. Also irrelevant.

3. Not entirely correct. Munitions has been revealed to use TECHNOLOGY to "blow stuff up" so my point remains valid because Gadgets and Munitions will be able to cause explosions through tech.

4. I dont see what this has to do with what I was pointing out. I said that to remind Janga that we get out powers from technology. He said "As for Superman related powers??? Forget it Superman is an alien, unless they are gonna make up some ridiculous story about Kryptonian artifacts that grants powers or taking Supermans DNA to add to normal citizens to Power them makes no sense at all."

To answer your question though. They didnt give Gadgets or any other powerset the jokers trinkets because they are too stylized/comical. They gave us Joker like options in the Iconic Power tree.

5. You (among others) are taking the powers too literally. They dont have to give us invulnerability or any innate ability.... they could have just made a physical powerset that uses Supermans other abilities or techniques that he uses in his fights. Some Green Lanters have the ability to Generate constructs/energy powerful enough to block solar flares, or blow up planets.

We as Green Lanterns get to make a train or boxing gloves.....

Dont even get me started on the infinite possibilities of magic. They dumbed Sorcery down to making damaging or healing circles. Thats what im referring to. We cant be superman, but we can be close enough. Instead we are getting a powerset based on lesser characters like Bane or Hourman, whos popularity cannot even begin to compare to Supermans. In my opinion they made a poor choice. Having a real powerset based on Superman would be better in many ways than having a powerset based on serums. Superman is Iconic. One of the most well known fictional characters, and arguably the first superhero. I could go on and on about Supermans significantly more immense popularity, but i wont. Having a real "Superman themed" powerset instead of this weak iconic junk is just a better idea.

------______------
    • Like x 1
  15. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

Due to the exobytes we are not a part of any corps we emulate their powers. Nothing can stop a bad guy to be a blue light owner like a good guy can be red. By the way Batman uses fear to fight criminals even if he doesn't wear the damn ring!
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Incorrect. Light and Rage users do not get their Light and Rage powers from Exobytes, they are selected by their respective corps as deputy members. When selected they are given a ring with access to a set of pre-programmed constructs and abilities.
    • Like x 2
  17. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

You're right, sorry! But imo, it won't change the fact that anyone can be a blue owner despite is side. Everyone hope for something! Nothing is black or white we walk in a grey area.
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Again, if you look at what I said: we are selected by the respective corps and given a ring. Saint Walker is not gonna select a villain and give him/her a blue ring. Yes it is true that certain emotions are not exclusive to heroes or villains, but the rings are controlled by the higher up people in the corps. If the leader of a corps doesn't want you to have a ring, then you won't have one.
    • Like x 2
  19. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

Ok read again I said IMO and I don't use a case in particular. By the way it's a game, they can do what they want with the power. For exemple, "something happen like a parasite in the battery that causes a break in the primal link between Saint Walker and the battery and he loses control over the rings and some of them are send all over the universe" but it's just an hypothese I don't write any story it's not my job but THEY can do it! Sometimes someone write something and sometimes the successor vanish everything before... Stay open on the multiple possibilities gifted by the imagination.
  20. Cirocband New Player

Where did you g

Where did you get this information from?