"New name failed validation"

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by SenseIess, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

that would have been great to know 2 weeks ago. Why did u guys even do that?
    • Like x 4
  2. Zernam New Player

So wait...if that logic has been applied to regional servers...what if 2 active accounts in the same region had a character with the same name? Did one of the characters get renamed? o_O
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please post or PM me the name you are looking for.
  4. Kalancarra Level 30

Not to mention a bunch of people who bought rename tokens are probably going to be demanding refunds. :p
  5. Kalancarra Level 30

Any chance of getting such names updated via support ticket if you have a rename token on the character you want renamed?

Edit: Just found out it's not possible as the GMs are stuck using the same name filter. Can't be changed manually.
  6. SenseIess Well-Known Player

I already did like 12 mins ago. Just waiting your answer ^^
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, the check is only going forward.
    • Like x 1
  8. Franchise New Player

and why wasnt this information released to the public when you made the name reclaim thread 2 weeks ago?
    • Like x 9
  9. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

This new setup is weird. I waited for my name to be available on USPS only to find out that a USPC player has it. Not cool devs on this new feature
    • Like x 1
  10. Zernam New Player

Thanks for that clarification Mepps.
  11. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

Wow. That is a step backwards.
    No warning, and it halves the names that will be available going forward.
    Why even do a name reclaim then?

Not mad at you, Mepps. Just VERY disappointed.
    • Like x 4
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You're absolutely right that the servers sharing name validation should have been mentioned earlier. We did not correctly anticipate how much players would be utilizing census data over in-game checks after the reclaim was complete.
    • Like x 1
  13. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Not to sound rude but a lot of people over the course of the 2 weeks used the data to figure what names were gonna be free. I personally looked several times of my choice.

Why the Regional thing anyways?
    • Like x 6
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I take it this means that some sort of refund program will be worked out right? Though to echo the sentiments of some others, does this mean you guys have finally found a way past all the legal mumbo jumbo of having separate PS and PC servers?
    • Like x 3
  15. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

But why is it still saying the name is not valid even when no one on either usps or pc is using it. It's not a DC hero/villain name and it uses no weird characters. Just two separate words that seem not to be valid together.
  16. Cristian Stoica New Player

Man this is really upsetting not only did my name change token bug and gave me a ton of random letters now the name i wanted that wasnt on uspc i cant get because it's on usps. And now my orginal name i cant get back either because i had a usps alt that sharded the name. why didnt you inform us
  17. Kalancarra Level 30

Without knowing that the validation list was going to be shared, there's no way we'd even know what we were supposed to check...
    • Like x 4
  18. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

I really hope you are giving people refunds on those rename tokens they bought thinking they could get the name they wanted because otherwise you guys just ripped off A LOT oof people in what may go down as the biggest scam you all have orchestrated.
    • Like x 1
  19. TShinsei New Player

So i didnt even got a chance at the name i wanted, cause the name was on US PC (and got renamed, due inactive), but someone took it in the US PS, since their server went online almos 3 hours before the US PC. Everyone should have a fair chance, or at least make it as it was before, US PS and US PC could have same name since their never gonna meet each other.
    • Like x 2
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Could we get some kind of explanation as to why this change was even implemented? The most obvious thing that people are saying is that a server merge is coming, and we all know that server merges are potentially the first sign to a game being taken offline completely.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.