"New name failed validation"

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by SenseIess, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenseIess Well-Known Player

Title. Even tho the account of the character name I'm trying to redeem the name is banned since 2012.

Why???
    • Like x 4
  2. The Kid Blurr Well-Known Player

I stated that the reason we're not getting the names are because they are infact banned.
  3. Suprismal New Player

Hey i don't know if this is a bug but as soon as the servers went on i tried to log in and im stuck at the loading screen for about a good hour.This is EUPS,ps3. If anyone has any advice on how i can fix this or why it happened please tell me.:(
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

If I use a rename token and try to claim a particular name, it says "Name failed validation". If I try that name from building a new character, it says "Name already taken". So keep that in mind. The text of the message you receive might not reflect why you're receiving that message.
  5. SenseIess Well-Known Player

Yes I know that. Question is: the name DOESN'T exist. When I try to add the proper name into my friend list, it sayd "<name> does not exist." very clearly.
  6. Armaggedion Well-Known Player

I once have that problem too , so i send a ticket and they told me that the token wasnt always granting the name you want , its not always guaranteed, and another thing is , when you write the name desired , be sure to not have press {Space} after the name chosen.

For Example , Armaggedion{Space} , be sure there is no space after the name you wrote.
  7. SenseIess Well-Known Player

I'm 100% sure that I didn't put a space before or after my nick.
  8. Armaggedion Well-Known Player

then like they told me , ''You're gonna have to be creative and use your imagination to come up with another name''
  9. SenseIess Well-Known Player

:(
  10. Avian Dedicated Player

Did they seriously give you that response?
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Name validation is shared between regional servers. (US PC and US PS share name validation now.) You'll need to check to make sure the character was renamed, and that the name does not exist on the other server in your region.
    • Like x 1
  12. Franchise New Player

now you tell us this, that would of been useful info when you made this thread :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  13. SenseIess Well-Known Player

I already checked the name. It doesn't exists for USPC, USPS, EUPC, EUPS.
  14. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This does not make sense.
    There are names, that are taken on all 4 servers, so it should be possible to rename a char on one server, when the char from there was renamed, while the others still exist on the other servers.

If that was changed sometime inbetween: Why have we not been told that before?! o_O
    A lot of people would have saved their money, which they spent on token to rename their chars with names, which they can't get anymore because of that.

That's a very poor way of advertising the name-reclaim, if this has been know allready, when the name-reclaim was announced the first time.
    • Like x 6
  15. Franchise New Player

I'm confused though, I had the original "Crimson Shadow" on my friendlist. When I logged back in after the servers, they turned to "Crimson Shadow_II". How can someone from USPC claim a name that was originally on USPS already?

It wasn't possible before to have a "Crimson Shadow" on USPS and a "Crimson Shadow" on USPC? cause I just looked them up on USPC and they are low level toons that seem abandoned
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

Someone on PC got the name I wanted then. :mad:

K well I got something close.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I have to echo Oasenhoheit here. The name I wanted for an Ice character existed on all four servers before this. Now it does not exist on EUPC but it does exist on EUPS and suddenly that's a problem? Makes no sense. I am in a bit of a unique situation though. The name I want for an Ice character on EUPC is actually owned by me on EUPS from when I used to play on PS3. If I deleted the one on EUPS then does that mean I would actually be able to create it on EUPC?

And just in case anyone complains about me hogging names on EUPS when I don't play there anymore, the names left on characters on that account are fairly obscure words, aside from the Ice one that I want, so I don't think I'm hogging anything anybody actually wants.
  18. Zernam New Player

I would not have guessed it was shared between regions either... however I made the decision to try to get the name on an empty slot before going for a name change token and swap it later.

I suppose at least we know _now_ why it wasn't working.
  19. Kalancarra Level 30

Okay, but why was this change made? It had to be recent, since both names existed in many cases without issue until now (one active on one server, one inactive on another server)
  20. TheChromeKnight Well-Known Player

Mepps. Please try to get this changed. Since there have always been characters on both servers with the same names, doing this now, just feels like a slap in the face.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.