"New name failed validation"

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by SenseIess, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisted Titan Committed Player

How are we suppose to use in-game checks if we DO NOT own the opposite platform? Of course a majority of people didn't look at the census sites. Those sites aren't made by DCUO and therefore shouldn't be used in evaluations. This is an outrage and I hope that you all will be giving refunds.
    • Like x 6
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

That's ridiculous.

Why would 2 entirely different servers need shared names? Forget that it wasn't mentioned, it shouldn't have had to be because it's a dumb idea.
    • Like x 9
  3. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

In-game checks for the opposite server ? Is this really happening lol ?
  4. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Yeah! What greenman said.
    • Like x 2
  5. Redman_x Well-Known Player

And does this mean that there is a possible server merge down the road?
    • Like x 1
  6. SenseIess Well-Known Player

A possibility. Or at least a marge within Broker systems?
  7. RJTally31 Active Player

I don't Normally use the forums but I don't use the PlayStation and I didn't know I had to look at that server for a Name. I need to find the player with the name Tally on USPS. If some one ca find this player and have them contact me on forums mail or Twitter @RJTally that would be awesome. Thanks
  8. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

So yea I've checked both servers through the census app at least and a name I'm hunting is not being use but I get the invalid message. But sense I can't check directly the USPC side I can't be 100% sure that someone isn't using it now... because I play on a DIFFERENT SERVER. <-
    • Like x 1
  9. Equalist New Player

I have the same problem. I checked all the servers/platforms and it doesn't exist anywhere. Yet I still get Failed Validation.
  10. MoreAwesomeMechanic New Player

If there is a server merge people are going to lose their names if the share a name with someone on the pc or ps so I REALLY hope they dondon't go that route as a lot of people have the same name between servers.
  11. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

We all anticipated a great deal of QQ over people not getting the names they wanted because someone else beat them to the punch. Many members of the community act like petulant children when they do not get what they want. And you cannot please everyone. This was all to be expected, and frankly the fact that you lot (the devs) consistently respond with professionalism and courtesy is quite remarkable given the barrage you are often exposed to.... BUT

...to not get my name on one account because I have it on the other and was not informed... this is very irritating. Especially as I have had a Name Change Device on hand since long before the Name Reclaim of 2015 was announced, on the off-chance the inactive character who had it was ever deleted. And now the name is finally free after a two year wait (when I changed from PS to PC as main account), but I am in my own way because of multiple platforms and I wasn't told.... AND

...I honestly don't know how you can fail to anticipate, basically, just how many people were looking forward to this. The community has been buzzing about it since it was announced. It has seen a large multitude of threads over the past four years requesting exactly this kind of thing. And we know you lot pay attention, because one of the things many of us love about this game is how the devs actually respond to feedback and seek our input, even if you don't always take the direction some of us would prefer.

All of which begs the question: How did this happen?

Truthfully, I don't expect an answer. At the least, not to my satisfaction. Chalk the post up to QQ, if you'd like, but I think these are all valid concerns I've posted. I understand you're all under a great deal of stress and you have a significantly higher workload than normal at the moment. I get that. But I think I speak for everyone when I ask what course of action SOE is planning to take to fix this...

...because, personally, probably the easiest course of action would be to separate the name validation again, at least for a week or two, and then make an announcement before merging them and moving forward with it like that. Because as it is, any other option is going to be a giant debacle. At least doing it this way you can fix it, announce a hotfix, and move on with your lives and everyone (relatively speaking) is happy.
    • Like x 7
  12. AgentX44 Committed Player

So does this mean there is a future chance all servers will be merged? I don't see the logic in the name validation across servers if they will not be merged.
  13. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

This scares me, while I was not playing at the time of the megaserver merge, my cousin was and she told me horror stories of how that was. I do not want to go thru that.
  14. D Miles Active Player

Earlier today (on Twitter) you told people to use the census data to check available names while the servers were down. It is hard to defend you on this. And there is no way for PC to check PS names in game. Or PS to check PC.
    • Like x 2
  15. Cristian Stoica New Player

I BEEN PLAYING FOR 4 YEARS AND NEVER GOT A RESPONSE FROM YOU Please respond!! can this please be fixed? i sent it to you on 3 diffrent threads and still nothing. My name was I AmGodly on uspc i used a token to change to Judgement because it wasnt there on uspc. when i used the token it changed to aobnediubvrflpjor for no reason. i put in a ticket and tried to create a alt name i AmGodly until it gets resolved. i had a usps toon name I AmGodly i dont play anymore (nor do i have a plastation anymore). now i'm out a name, a token and a name that's on uspc that i cant get please as a long time customer help me!!!
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Player are highly upset, never seen a green name have more down votes than up votes lol
    • Like x 2
  17. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

This was a bad decision not to tell the community about this beforehand , granted I got some names that were personal for a friend and a relative and while I could not get them all; the ones I could not get are not on USPS, but they are on PC. But Mepps, you are in these forums and saw how the census data was treated when it hit with the two apps. I cannot believe you did not anticipate how the census data was used after the firestorm that erupted over it. I still feel the name reclaim was needed, however the community needs to know about something like this regarding the servers now sharing names and you will need to deal with the coming issues from everyone (including myself) thinking there is a USPS/USPC server merge coming as this makes it look exactly like that.
    • Like x 2
  18. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

^
    • Like x 2
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

There was a thread involving Quantum's shield where this happened :p

The only reasonable explanations I can think of off the top of my head is that we've got a server merge coming down the road and this is to help alleviate some logistical problems or incredibly poor design choices.
  20. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

The name I would like is free on both USPC and USPS, why am I getting the error?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.