Nerf dwf getting annoying

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dragon1576, Jul 15, 2016.

1. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Yea, I remember. Friend of mine was Quantum at the time and was hitting regularly well over 150k. Think he mentioned getting 3 well over 150k hits in a row once lol. Still though, there were groups not made up of mental and quantum that were easily getting HH elite done. I will always think of HH elite as a joke of an elite raid lol. BD elite was actually more difficult for groups than HH elite was, and even BD elite wasn't really that hard lol. HH elite was just a joke. Literally only thing different about it than the normal version was you fought both Zoom and Aquaman. That was pretty much the only real difference that made HH elite only slightly harder than reg. Just a joke in my eyes really.
  2. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

You realize the same can be said about YOU right? You guys are the ones who messed up the game and gave us Dox lol. We are still suffering from that ill fate to this day actually. Now players have these rose colored glasses blinding them to what a truly good challenge used to be. Raids before Dox, while not overly hard for most players, provided good challenges for the community. Players like you came in, complained things should be harder, and hence Dox was created and messed the game up lol. Now we have even more self entitled elitists in the community who believe literally everything, solos on up, should be at that Dox level of difficulty in spite of the fact that nothing before Dox was even remotely close to Dox's level of difficulty.
  3. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Ok rite??? Inner if u were here was hard in t2 armor.
    Outer was hard in t1 armor and so was kahn

Fos 1 was a joke
    FOS 2 was hard in that current armor
    Fos 3 was so so but people eventually got it.

Black dawn groups couldnt beat it
    Vengeance was easy
    Gates was easy
    Prime was so so then when geared up cake
    Nexus wasn't easy in the current gear
    Dox was hard

Don't listen to guy above he wants everything for free and probly likes kandor wit no mechanics.

I posted a thread asking for a dps affiinty for elite gear and theres only 3 sets.

My man sent me 4 messages if hate mail sayin the community can't beat those raids freaking out.

My man wants participation awards. It isn't fun just going through motions and getting everything.
    At the end of the day that's why no one is staying.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

When we bought this game it said mature and now it should say for tween!
  5. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I personally dont think they should have the elite stuff anymore cuz only the troll affininty is worth anything n were forced to get it.
    Dps do sum bum alert get 4 pieces and don't have step into any elite raids.

How in the heck is tht even.
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

HH elite was a lot harder than the actual content, just DWFe is harder than it, and dwf actually became a joke after some time, UM was challenging before the nerf too, but it didn't last too long.
    It took about 2 months and a half for a group to get HHe 0 deaths feat (legit).
    It took 20 days for a group to get BDe 0 deaths feat.
    91.6% of the content since monthly content was introduced is actually easy (incluiding UM before the nerf and episode 26), and the raids have elite versions beaten day 1, when not bugged or nerfed. So, 91.6% of the end game is made for the "casual" players, the "veteran" players, have 8.4% of the content and SM (that doesn't count for progression and isn't included in a episode).
    The last thing a casual player can complain about is content difficulty. Finally we are moving back to large episodes to see if we can change that, so we can have more diversity, and the nerf threads stop.
  7. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Nerf threads......stop. We can all wish. :( :p
  8. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

No it wasn't lol. HH elite wasn't a lot harder at all actually. ALL the elite raids with the exception of PBE were harder than HHE was actually. Just a fact there. BDE was actually harder. UME was harder. You are wrong to actually claim otherwise. HH elite was one of the biggest jokes ever to be considered an elite raid. HHE was actually a major let down for most who ran it because of just how easy it actually was, and there were many threads on the forums joking about how ridiculously easy it was.

As far as nerf threads, they've been happening for years. You think returning to large group content will actually put a stop to nerf threads? Really? I've been playing this game for over 4 years. Nerf threads have been happening for ALL of my more than 4 years playing this game. Back in the day, there were calls to nerf the bridge in FoS 2 and to nerf Brother Eye. Nerf threads were a regular daily occurrence during the Dox era. Let's not forget about the threads to nerf Lockdown when Lockdown was new and actually considered rather easy by some. Then there were threads calling to nerf LW. Then there were threads calling to nerf not just Throne but both HOH and Lab too actually. Only time we will see a stop to nerf threads is when content is made so easy 90% of the player base can sleep through it like the 10% of elite players can lol.

As far as casuals are concerned, they pay most of the money this game receives. Probably a good 80 to 90% of this game's income comes from the casual player base. Plus this game has been made for the casual player ever since I started playing it over 4 years ago. Raids back then weren't anywhere even remotely close to the level of difficulty of either Dox or DWF. Heck, raids back then were actually EASIER than UM for the most part lol. Raids back then were built for the casual player just as raids today are lol. I said it before, and I'm gonna say it again because it is factually 100% true. Raids today overall actually have the EXACT SAME difficulty as raids did 4 years. That's not just my opinion. That's based on objective observation and fact lol.

I AM a veteran of this game. App me. I'm not exactly new. As a veteran, I STILL HAVE 100% of the game to satisfy me. You think vets are only interested in the best of the best or some kind of ultra challenge 90% of the rest of the players in the game can't do because I for sure am not. I enjoyed playing ALL of the game back then and still try to enjoy as much of the game as I can now. I still run lower tier stuff because, guess what, they are still fun. Problem between now and then is that raids are lacking true challenge. They are made hard just for the sake of being hard for most players and that's all. There's no imagination. There's no truly challenging mechanics. It's all the same old stuff relying on 1 shot BS mechanics. Fosses were never hard, not really. They were challenging, but not really hard, and that's what made them great. Raids today lack that. Raids today either are not challenging or hard at all, like PB, are too hard that they only satisfy maybe 5 to 10% of the player base if that but still offer no real challenge, like DWF, or a bit of both leaving both sides angry, like BN, lol. That's a major problem with today's raids in a nut shell. If we want to get this game back to greatness, we can't be making raids that are hard just for the sake of being hard to everyone because that just ****es players off, as we saw with Dox and again with DWF. No. We need to be making raids with a reasonable difficulty with good challenges like we had in the Fosses and the Batcaves and Kahndaq and Prime and Dawn and most other raids between then and the start of the monthly cycles. Raising that difficulty bar may be good for a few, but if we make raids hard just for the sake of them being hard, that's gonna turn a lot of players away as we have seen so many times in the past.
  9. TestReporter Loyal Player

The nerf/buff threads could stop with the new large content if they actually introduce elite content that is REALLY hard and challenging, where the last boss is beatable by only 2% of the players or less with a nice affinity bonus, not the ridiculous thing we have now AND have easy content at Kandor raid level or PB, where at least 99% of the players can beat with a lfg group in the SAME episode. Unfortunatelly, they always made elite content easy so everyone could replay it, that's why you see a lot of buff a raid thread, and when they release a normal raid that's challenging, the players who have been waiting for 1 LONG YEAR complain about the nerf threads, because some of us few stupid, waiting 1 year to get challenging content to see it nerfed because someone can't beat it.
    It doesn't matter if 60-70% of the money come from the casuals, if they want to have a healthy community, content must be balanced for both, and the veterans who supported the game sometimes for 5 years, have just the same right to have challenging content, as the casuals have the right to have easy content.
    *with casuals i mean the players who don't like challenging content/not play a lot and with veterans i mean the players who like it and most of the times, have been here for 2 years+
    • Like x 1
  10. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

That's what I'm for. I'm for having the normal content be reasonable for everyone and buffing the elite content to a level that makes elite players cry and **** their pants for months on end trying to beat like Throne. Throne elite was a good example of what a good elite raid should be and the return to large content releases would allow for that actually. However, it wouldn't end the nerf threads. There were still calls to nerf Throne because most groups were still struggling with Ares on Throne reg let alone Throne elite. It's as I said, only way nerf threads will stop is if content is made so easy that the 90% can sleep through it like the other 10% can, and I most certainly don't want that.

As far as those vets you mention, calling them vets isn't the right term. I was here 4 years ago. You would consider me 1. I am telling you now, NOTHING 4 years ago was even remotely as hard as Dox was or DWF reg even is now. You still have groups struggling on the first set of bosses in DWF reg even after they hit 170 CR lol. Heck, NOTHING 4 years ago except maybe Prime, was even as hard as UM was initially and UM was actually rather easy for the top elite players. Why use the term vets when even the raids we had back then actually weren't even as hard as some of the raids we've had today, not even remotely? I will stand by my statement that overall content difficulty today is exactly on par to content difficulty 4 years ago.

We need GOOD CHALLENGING content like content was 4 years ago. Content 4 years ago was actually very well balanced for both the casual and the elite player. It wasn't hard for the sake of just being hard like Dox and DWF. They were actually easy for the most part back then too but provided truly good challenges we don't see today. You misunderstand what kind of challenge this game needs. Yes, make elite content hard just for the sake of being hard to satisfy that top echelon of players. That's good. But that won't actually satisfy vets as vets aren't all the same. That just satisfies a few elite players lol. No. I still want normal content to be a reasonable difficulty for everyone else, that is not too easy and not too hard, yet still provide a good challenge as well like the raids of yesteryear. You really believe the Fosses were as hard as Dox was and DWF is? I got news for you. They weren't. Neither was Prime. Neither was Dawn. Neither were most of the raids in this game's entire history. Fact. FoS 1 was actually EASIER than BD actually lol. Gates was actually EASIER than PB actually. Those were rather simple, easy raids. But they were much more fun to play because they had a real backstory and good, imaginative mechanics groups needed to overcome. That's what we lack today, and that's what I, as one of those vets you mention, want us to get back to. I want the imagination. I want the real, true challenging mechanics. I'm tired of the reliance of old, bs, very unimaginative 1 shot mechanics. I don't want normal content to be so easy everyone can just waltz through it blindfolded. God no lol. I want it to be of reasonable difficulty and provide a good challenge for everyone like raids 4 years ago did. I want us to get back to what made raids great to begin with. And that was finding the proper balance even if there were no elite raid to cater to the elite few. We had that balance once, and we need to try to get back to it.
    • Like x 1
  11. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Look, I'm all for a good challenge. Raids 4 years ago were good challenges, but they weren't actually hard for the community. Heck, raids 2 years ago were good challenges. AB was easy but provided a good challenge. Lockdown, LW, Lab, HOH all relatively easy but provided good challenges. Heck, even Nexus was. That's what I think we should get back to. Good challenges that are reasonable for everyone. We had that right balance once without elite raids to cater to an elite few. We can get that balance again and still have elite raids for those who really want the extreme challenge something like Dox and DWF provide. These days, raids just don't have good challenging mechanics to them, even when they're made hard for the sake of being hard like DWF.
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil Committed Player

2-2-2-2. just saying.
  13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Why are you digging up one year old threads?
    REALLY?????
    Are you wanting something?

You have to go searching for stuff like this. You didn't get here by mistake.
    • Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I banish thee foul necromancer
    • Like x 2
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I sentence you to death foul necromancer
    • Like x 1
  17. mexmex Dedicated Player

People still are struggling with seasonal lol, if a player don't want to learn they won't learn and the game shouldn't be accommodate for those kind of people. Don't not nerf anything please quite the opposite
  18. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

IKR........... attempted trolling & flaming session hopefully avoided..........LOL
    • Like x 1
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

plenty of us vets are tired of mind numbing easy content and players who refuse to learn. being fair they really have not had to because well nerf hammers beat the mess out of dcuo

the answer is not to nerf content but to up the bar. its a team game so those who learn and build team chemistry deserve content just like anyone else. currently there is zero. dwf not really to insane to vets who were fluent in their roles and powers

i get your frustration but raising easy mode has been horrible. plenty ask for and crave to be tested and until we get a steady diet of challanging content again players will be awful. how do u improve if u never are tested?