Nature needs....

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 20, 2018.

1. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

You realize by saying "the wolf" in that first part you confirmed my suspicion that you're including supercharge damage in the parse. Wolf buffs crits but also has an aoe burst upon activation. Which could explain why your setup 30s parse for 3 targets has significantly less hits than the others but has the same dps and an abnormally high crit rate, and why it spiked again to 60k with another high crit rate. Both of those parses included wolf form transformations.
  2. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

The form buff is temporary, you can wait it out before you start parsing. That's cheating parses where you'd have to bring in supercharge damage from other powersets now because you're not doing fair comparisons.
    • Like x 1
  3. Makaveli2989 New Player

no m8 i don't want to know because there is realy nothing to know. but hold on for a moment!
    did you realy say CLIP :D:D:D
    this one i do like to know. i realy do like to know how you can clip powers for increasing damage. i actualy think we all like to know. so go ahead and explain plz :)
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Man Bat trinket, mystery solved.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They need to fix the Boo belt because I'm tired of reporting people who are abusing it.
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

1 You mean clipping swarm with a transformation xD You realize that only works for 14-16s which is just extra preloaded damage that's not consistent like fire and ice preloading their 4-5 second cast moves to start a parse.
    2. You're supposed to lay your dots then form change and just hit your refresh until you see the dot damage die down if it's gorilla or wait for 2 10s parses if it's wolf.
    3. Unless you have 4 artifacts for nature dps like I do, you're not trying enough things to compare to me xD Not to mention you're reaching 22-24k with a wolf buff active while my rotation was 21-22k base. I had Chill and Basic parsing for 3-4 minutes straight and it didn't even dip down to 20k, let alone 16 and 17 like yours. Not that many people more creative than I am just because I have too many resources and influences.
  7. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

P.S. - I just hit 3 consecutive 10s parses for 70.7 55.4 and 43.46 for a 56.52k average across 30s and I only have 30k might by just stacking wolf and gorilla form change buffs. I'm such a beast, some people need to humble themselves.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

FYI, this thread has become a Richard Grayson measuring contest. But instead of a ruler it's parses and no one wants to whip out their loadout.
    • Like x 2
  9. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

I actually use my melee in reg runs now I can post that here. Single target will be in Obsidian's video.
    *gets sparring targets to low health while getting 75% sc*
    - 3 dots
    - *waits 5 seconds*
    - *wolf form change*
    - *gorilla form change from wolf form right at 10s mark*
    - savage growth clip carnage (crit buff)
    - impaling thorns
    - savage growth
    - sonic cry
    - thornburst
    - savage
    - impaling
    - savage
    etc. clipping carnage off cooldown.
    ^ Easy 50k+ for 30s. If I wanted it to show for 30s instead of 10s windows, I'd just hit the refresh in human form and wait 25 seconds instead of 5 seconds. Same principle. Then just reset the duration of the combat log while I'm getting supercharge and repeat until I get 5-6 of those 30s posts to post in this thread.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I can think of 10 things off the top of my head that I would rather be doing.
  11. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

I don't have to be humble when I have the record across years. Every powerset on test server I've touched since AM era either I've tied or beaten the record of people who actually main it. HL, Quantum, Celestial, Gadgets, Elec, Water, Ice, etc. Before my old hard drive crashed, I had over 20 rows of video files of nothing but test server parsing alone. Not only do I talk to people from each powerst that's mained it since launch almost through every update, but I go back and do research into loadouts and rotations for those powersets my self to see who was using what and why and if it still applies today in some way shape or form. i'll nitpick every rotation and trick a powerset has and then add it to a long list of things to try for every powerset. I was laughing with Obsidian like a week ago because I had a dream about a guy from the forums who told me about a secret rotation with nature dps Sore hadn't posted that parsed the same as mine and I took it as a challenge because I doubted we were running the same thing. I woke up and hopped on live and had to 1up myself, which I actually managed to do after watching some of his old videos and noticing something. I'll go parse for parse and video for video with anyone who thinks they're good. I own the og name "Be Humble". Someone made a comment saying neither of us were putting out loadouts, so I put out one of mine that can produce the same/higher 30s parses than what you did and I don't even know your might. Throw yours out there homie and we'll see who can produce the highest numbers with the least supercharge used. If you want the title and the ego, step into the gladiator ring in front of a crowd of your peers and let's see what's up.

P.S. - I still have another 3-4 levels of dps increase on top of what I already posted. That was base with no trickery/pre-loaded. If you want to go the route of just posting screenshots, be ready to show some 60k for 30s parses.
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

honestly my only problem with using nature is that dog form is a form, i wouldn't even mind if they kept it a super charge and JUST made it a summons, i find it that useful in my dps loadout, and would probably find it even more useful if i didn't hang up and lag every time i switched in and out of the form nearly dying due to lost time.
  13. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Turning dog into something like grand summoning would be legit. I'd make a toon called Dog Walker just for it. And the form change hang does need to go away. Hella annoying when I lose 2-3 seconds of a sc buff/supply drop etc. just because it bugged out and won't show my loadout yet.
    • Like x 1
  14. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

If I knew everything, I wouldn't need to tribute to my success to other people. I wouldn't need to do research. I'm not a creator, I'm an editor. I find weaknesses and strong points in what people do and combine them in beneficial ways. But that's what happens when you spend 8 straight months sharing parses with other people for every powerset and the first 20-30 hours of parser testing is you alone with a powerset you never play with nothing but a "I got 40k midrange, reach that" from your peers to go by. By the time you finish testing and give in if you can't reach it and you run what they run, you probably found something that can make what they did better and reach 42-43k instead. Or if you do reach it, several times you would've found something slightly different and now you have 2 rotations that parse the same but one might be more consistent or less interruptable or slightly more range etc. so you have options in a raid. You don't find top dps rotations without competition and creativity sharing. It's not a 1 man job. When I say hold the throne, it's me saying I have the most new innovators on speed dial and I'll spend the most hours in the office risking my health brainstorming over it. I've had another forum member ask if I was ok because when HL got it's midrange update I had spent over 16 hours straight on test server with a new superclip I found that later got patched and he realized I hadn't slept.
  15. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Speaking of clips, I found a way to phantom clip animations with ice that I was not expecting. But I gotta wait til I get 10psn to switch on live to see if I can figure out how to do it consistently because I found it on test server and I'm not comfortable with detailed inputs on pc as funny as that sounds. If it works, I'll be cancelling an animation every 4-5 seconds, but that'll be an upload. I dont' even know why I'm telling you because since you're the trick god, you probably already know how to do it.
  16. L T Devoted Player

In most cases I'd agree with this, but Nature is the exception. Since you get a 10% damage bonus in wolf or gorilla form that lasts as long as you stay in form. Nature is designed with that in mind....even it's other supercharges do less than average damage unless you use them while transformed.

I don't play a lot of nature, but I'd have to guess that if you're not form changing you're probably doing it wrong.
  17. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

2 things.
    1. That's around what the basic ranged rotation averaged for me. Assuming you're already using form changes but waiting for the active buffs to wear off, if you switch to use melee moves like say SG, Sonic Cry, and Thornburst, you should increase to the 30-35k range like what I do. I only have ~30k might on live server because it's an alt so you shouldn't be too far off from the area I parse in.
    2. If you use gorilla form, impaling thorns is already a 35%er and becomes aoe. If your sparring targets are already low from parsing a lot. You can reach 40k+ that way as well. I had a friend with 34k might who was parsing 50-55k in a fresh gorilla transformation with a ranged rotation just because I kept the adds low so he got the bonus damage from the start.
  18. Makaveli2989 New Player

i do agree with this exception as well. as long one wait for the temporary bonus to be gone before parsing and then without getting in and out of forms to get the temporary bonus again. at the end it will boost the avarage 30-32k to 33-35k/s. without the use of bonuses, sc, and trinkets etcs. so yeah this exception is legit.
  19. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

The form change is ok for me, just not the initial bonus. Wolf form has immediate aoe burst damage on activation and then gives:
    +15% crit ability attack chance (13s)
    +15% crit weapon attack chance (13s)
    +30% critical weapon attack damage (13s)
    +30% critical ability attack damage (13s)
    +10% damage bonus (13s)

^ I wait for that to go away. There's a base 10% increase from the form but then another buff for wolf form activation. when you first hit wolf, those first 13s are really under a 20% damage buff. You can stay in the form change infinitely, but you don't get those bonuses infinitely.
  20. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

note: While most would wonder why the 35%er damage parser is important, the reason why it is is because in reg raids or the alert, against other high dps's, half of your dps time almost is gonna be in that territory. Gadgets for example is known for chunking adds at the start so by the time you hit 1 dot and savage growth, you might be at the 50% health range to pre-hit your 35%er because there's going to be dot lowering that 50% health while the animation is just starting. Parsing regular and then with the 35%er will show you how far your damage can swing during hallway/add phases. Even if you were to drop 1 dot, that's a ~3000 dps drop which'll still put you in the 35-40k+ in extended scenarios. For actual scenarios, it would theoretically be higher given the impaling thorns portion of the rotation is where the biggest spike will be and if the adds die right after it, it'd be a higher damage compared to the full rotation.
    • Like x 1