Nature needs....

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

To be faster. Casting the 3 poison powers to set up the ticks takes WAY too long. It would be nice if Briar, Serpent, and Vine Lash were clippable, with a longer (and same) cooldown time each. By the time usually we get poison applied to do our real damage, their health is half down. Then we have to go to next group and do it again. Nature has potential, but it's just VERY slow to set up the poisons.
    • Like x 3
  2. Ryuvain Active Player

Nature is also bugged in a lot of ways. Poison stacks used with roar don't even give you the full damage it's supposed to.
    • Like x 1
  3. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Actually, roar isn't the best damage for Nature. If your in Gorrilla form, use vine/serp/briar, then use harvest, Impailing Thorns, harvest 3x, then Impaling Thorns again. Repeat 3x harvest then IT until mob is down. This actually does more damage as your not having to re-re-re-re-re-recast the 3 poison setup powers which takes time. Try it. On TS, with 250SP and 241CR, was doing 28k DPS that way.
    • Like x 1
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

It never was a burst power...revamp moved its potential towards that direction, but I don’t think this is needed.
    • Like x 1
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I would say use Roar for solos, duos, alerts.

For raids, might be better to depend on Harvest and Impaling Thorns.

Or have vine/serp/briar and Roar, Harvest and Impaling Thorns. That means no Swarm Shield safety net. In boss fights, can swap out 1 power for a supercharge if necessary.
    • Like x 1
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Imo Nature is fine, Electricity takes also long to apply DoT fields, Nature has the advantage of spreading the DoTs if new targets appear.

Also, for everything not-max-range you should only use two DoTs: SC and Briar. For said situations you get close and personal witih Thorn Shield, Voracious Plants and the 3-second-CD-'Splotion called Savage Growth. Also, Primal Wolf. :3
    You'll crack the 30k/s on three targets in no time ^_^

Lastly, whether Roar is bugged or not, don't use it as long as it stays like it is right now.
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

So VP and SG spamming for melee situations? Will try this out for my Nature character.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Pretty much. VP is your low power burst with a stackable dot attached to it. SG hits like a truck. 20-30k are normal :3
    • Like x 1
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea i never use roar its a waste of time.. set your dots spread with harvest and VP them to death spreading when necessary. SG is also a hard hitter if your in melee range

i do however support the idea of the poisons being clipable or at least faster animations. i mean hell ICE can build a loadout that's clipable to set up their big hitters but with nature by the time your setup is done the adds are almost dead and makes the whole process pointless when running with other DPS
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

Nature’s got a lot more flexibility now. Early into content I’ll use the DoT n clear method, but as it ages I’ll switch the loadout up to have more heavy hitters and less reliance on DoTs. Also depends on the group. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

As Schimaera alluded to its all in the rotation, Nature does plenty fine on burst damage despite the notion of being a dot powerset. There aren't too many powersets that'll be doing mid to high 40's in in the first 10s

[IMG]

*I left the parser above at the 4614 so you can see it was a fresh started parser
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

nature is pretty good now that forms are no longer necessary, my only small complaint is that we have no small burst melee abilities outside of savage growth which feels more like a confined aoe than a true melee ability. my favorite thing to do is watch a person get down to like 5% of their health just throwing dps after dps ability at a boss without throwing up any self heals or shields only to one shot it myself with impaling thorns XD.
  13. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Your also 250 with over 425 SP with OP peices. Sorry, but your numbers dont reflect the majority of players. Show me what you do with 247 and 350SP.

The average player can't do as well as you with your gear/SP/Stats....so showing numbers and parsers your naturally gonna do better than the rest of us even if you have a bad loadout.
  14. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Dude. What exactly is your point then? What are you trying to prove? You are contradicting yourself without even noticing it.

Just because hes more experienced the majority of the players means nothing.

He gave you proof that Nature has the ability to hold with other powersets. Come on man. Its like you're trying to debate about EVERYTHING.
    • Like x 3
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You keep making these outrageous threads without showing any data to back up your own caims tho....
    • Like x 3
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

250 CR and two op pieces plus SP won't make a huge difference. It's not like you magically do 15kdps more by being fully maxed.
    Lol

The numbers are a bit lower but not by much....
    • Like x 1
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You aren't understanding, the fact that I have 250cr and 425sp doesn't matter cause if I changed to any power in the game except maybe 4 other powers with those stats im not getting mid to high 40's on parsers I could go munitions or quantum or celestial etc they aren't doing that.

And just to show you again because I actually provide physical proof to anything and everything I say in this game here I am on test server with 247cr and 288 sp which I would assume you would call a "average player" and guess what still 42k and 43k parsers

but nature needs......

:rolleyes:

[IMG]

"Show me what you do with 247 and 350SP." 288*

hehe
    • Like x 3
  18. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

My man :D
    • Like x 1
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

How is it misleading? It takes 4 powers to hit before you are into the rottation and unless you are doing content that is 2 dlcs in the past the adds aren’t going to die in 5-8 seconds lol. Especially with tanks pulling multiple groups together, even in hive and machine regular all those parsers are completely realistic but obviously just like any dot powerset in older content or alerts etc the faster adds die the lower the damage but to say 10 seconds is misleading is misleading in itself
    • Like x 1
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Well harvest isn’t even on my loadout at all so..... in 5 seconds I’m already doing the main part of my rotation the setup takes 4 seconds or less. Missleading would be assuming my loadout and rotation in your response to me :)
    • Like x 1