Nature and Weapon Mastery....

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, May 8, 2014.

1. Superskull85 Devoted Player

And you think the opposite isn't true? It also doesn't make you special having a YouTube channel and speaking to like minded people that are ready to back you up wherever it counts.

And if you read the context of that one post I did mean "trait" but you will chalk that up as me retracting it, etc.

Having "hundreds" of opinions means nothing without the actual opinion. I could say the same thing based on who I talk to but you can't see so how is that proof? So who is right you or me? Who is the judge? Me or you? Or is the people who make the game? The people who have read both me and your feedback perhaps?

And that is what I mean. Just posting your quantity of so called opinions doesn't make your side anymore valid. I have tested, played Nature and played other powersets. Just like I am assuming you are. The difference is I realize that other powersets are going to get restrictions and you seem not to. I also realize SOE makes the game, no you and not me.

You already picked a fight with me long ago and it has always been about your way or the highway. Anyone that has actually played Nature knows that there is just not one way to play the powerset. Never has.

I won't stop opposing this idea as I don't think it is needed. So either deal with it or don't post. It is up to you.
    • Like x 1
  2. Superskull85 Devoted Player

And like I have been saying you don't realize that this is not the end of the restrictions. But you know what's best!
  3. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I did and so? In the time Voracious Plants can get off cooldown 3 layers of Poison Spores can get around 3000 if you want to factor in criticals (in which 3000 is not the high end). Swarm does more consistent high hits compared to Robot Sidekick and if you really wanted to you can incorporate Neo-Venom Boost using Primal Wolf for the added slots. In fact if you can sacrifice a small amount of critical chance you can even get Robot Sidekick as well. Or even better ditch Robot Sidekick and use Serpents Call along with Poison Spores to get the increased damage on the target you care about most. To add on another factor of play you can add on melee as well.

Or I can do the exact same thing you are for small packs and not use Poison Spores. Which is exactly what I do for Duos. Guess what though? That is why it is nice to play Nature. You don't have to play a certain way. You have options but if you want to talk about max possible potential I can take the good elements from your style and the good elements from the traditional style and make a style incorporating both groups.

People I talk to wonder I why I have so many armories playing Nature and the above is the reason why: choice.

So what I am missing again? Right... nothing. :/
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

the devs made the changes without asking or testing. they just made them then posted the changes. they gave no time for testing cause if they did they would have realized that nature was fine with the bonus. like i said i'm done arguing with you cause you don't have a valid answer or prof why nature should not have the WM bonus just your biased i trust the devs opinion.

And i don't believe there will be changes to any other powers except earth and electricity cause they are working on them at the moment and even if there is they wont be as bad as not being able to use any dots.
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Your missing other powers can have dots and burst and the bonus which turns out to being more dps then nature having a extra dot over some powers. And what about sorc..wheres your answer to them having 6 dots, great burst damage and the WM bonus? how can nature keep up with that?

and neo venom is trash lol

I could use almost any power rite now and beat nature and thats sad cause nature has been a great dps power for so long and now its just blah..
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Which is where you are wrong and where in the Weapon Mastery/awesome mechanic discussions they have said that each powerset will get an awesome mechanic.

I did mention that if the restrictions are only as small as Electricity's and Sorcery's that Nature should also have a smaller restriction (I quoted only using Harvest getting the restriction to match Voltaic Bolt). But I don't want this to happen until each powerset is done getting their "awesome mechanic first." I don't want Nature to turn into another Rage or Celestial where it is released as having too much potential and then everyone complaining that it gets toned down in the future.

That is why I am opposing your idea at this time. Which again I will say that even if me or you, or anyone, thinks there should not be any restrictions they are in place and seem to growing. So to make an informed suggestion I need to see the rest of the restrictions first.

So yes I could agree with you but not at this time. Not until SOE says they are done adding restrictions. For now though my feedback is that no change should be done until we know all of the restrictions and for what it's worth I don't think Nature needs the critical bonus.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Natures dots are not a awesome mechanic its the only viable moves it has. now berserk and outrage thats a awesome mechanic not some dots. And unless they take dots away from every power when using WM none of the changes will even come close to what they did to nature.

This nerf stuff policy dc has isn't the answer and far from it. if they just adjusted things right and let them have to bonus everything would be fine. As of rite now the only things i see over powered are berserk and WM and sorc is out of control and will be putting out insane damage when the raids come out. and of coarse nature not having the wm buff putting it behind alot of powers. Maybe you don;t think so but the way me and others i know use the other powers nature is honestly behind. I'm not saying it cause i want nature to be op i'm saying it cause it really is. And earth and electricity are another story but once some stuff is better changed and up on test ill be testing that to.

And if fires detonate was changed to aoe it would help them out but those are the only things i see out of line as of now.
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

If you read the post I quoted it mentioned Neo-Venom Boost I was simply saying that it could be incorporated with a more traditional style. Meaning you don't have to choice between Neo-Venom Boost and Poison Spores if you don't want to.

As for Sorcery. 3 of the DoT's (second tick of Circle of Destruction and 2 Soul Well's) do about the same amount of damage as 1 layer of Poison Spore combined. The Circle of Destruction extra tick requires the application of Bad Karma before the field is used. The other DoT's from Circle of Destruction is strong but is not up 100% of the time along with the smaller second tick.

There is 1 more Soul Well that could be used which combined with Weapon of Destiny gets you matching to a 3rd layer of Poison Spores. Add in Fury without Offering and you could probably match Swarm. Transmutation is basically Voracious Plants and if you want to count Shard of Fate as another DoT you could but that could be matched with other options Nature has (Serpents Call, Neo-Venom, Robot Sidekick, etc.) with the help of Primal Wolf for more loadout spots.

Sou Well's critical buff can be met with Carnage's critical buff but Carnage adds additional Precision. On the flip side Sorcery does not require a stack target. However if you compare them on bosses or if their is a high Health add in a group this is not a factor for Nature.

Nature can match Supercharge usage using a Primal Wolf play style. Nature has a finisher just like Sorcery.

If you are purely talking about DoT maximum numbers Sorcery could technically use up to 7 (counting Shard of Fate or a Supercharge giving you still only 7 practical at a time If you are keeping Transmutation) while Nature has access to the same counting 3 Poison Spores, Swarm, Neo-Venom Boost, Robot Sidekick and Serpents call to pair with Shard of Fate. + 1 Supercharge (total of 8) if you want to.

I mean you can count Condemn too but you can't use them all at once unless you run Arbiter of Destiny which means some of your DoT's are not useable half of the of time.

Having more DoT doesn't necessarily mean you have more potential.

I know I did not mentioned everything Sorcery and Nature can do but my point is with Primal Wolf Nature can potentially do a lot more DoT-wise compared to Sorcery and if not still meets at the same level provided you give powersets the opportunity to show their potential.
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

And that is why I want to see the full list of restrictions first. If they are as small as the other 2 known restrictions (Sorcery and Electricity) then I will lean more your way but I won't do that until they are know

Also I think you are taking the label "awesome mechanic" literally. It is really just a term that is used to refer to these restrictions. You should try not to take it literally.
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If you cast shards then circle theres your 3 dots then stack up your soul wells while using weapon of destiny and WM combos along with trans is insane damge. the second one might be smaller so we can call it 5 dots then. but on top of all that WM combos and the crit bonus and trans can hit 3-4.5k on multiple targets. Nature cant come close to that at the moment in its current state.
  11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

I do want to clarify that yes in the Sorcery post above you would lose the Weapon Mastery bonus by using Fury. However unless you count Condemn or Shard of Fate getting to 6 DoT's is a very heavy Power upkeep.

With Fury considered a DoT Sorcery matches Nature without Nature using Iconics.
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Yes but like I said using Primal Wolf with more loadout spots Nature does have the potential to go beyond what it traditionally does using Iconics.

If we want to compare maximum potential Primal Wolf (loadout specifically) and Iconics is a factor for Nature and could be the reason for SOE's thinking (though they have not said that specifically).
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Bottom line Crappy is I can agree with you that Nature's restrictions could be lifted but only given the knowledge of the rest of the restrictions. I don't think anything should be changed until then to keep Nature consistent damage-wise (read: not greater just consistently growing when/if needed).

Anyway I gave my feedback and you gave yours. SOE makes the changes so they need to make the decision now.
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Natures 3 dots plus swarm still can't keep up cause it lacks in burst damage. when using poisons VP splits so bad its only a 4-800 hit most of the time where trans with WM hits everyone for big numbers every time. If theres only 3-4 targets trans+WM can hit all 4 for 3-4k. and if theres more you still get 2k hits on the norm. man just face it nature just dosen't put up the numbers other powers can. I've tried so many things but i just cant do the damage i can with some other powers.

And i feel all the awesome mechanics changes will all be small and not really affect the powers at all just like sorc and electric.
  15. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

thi is funny because i think of nature as a top 3 power at this moment IMO
  16. Superskull85 Devoted Player

But then I look at the content and realise there are not a lot of instances where there is more than 4 important targets (like Themyscria Divided and Assault & Battery) so why does it really matter about large mobs?

Since in general players don't like large amounts of targets I doubt we will see very large boss groups.

I just want to wait to see the other restrictions first personally.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Even on 4 targets vp and poisons is not as good as a WM bonus and powers like resonating gale, trans and so many others. even the first hit of dreadful blast hits 3-3600 on multiple targets. basically every aoe burst damage power is very good with WM leaving VP in the dust cause of the horrible spit it has cause it doesn't get the WM bonus.

I just wish they would have let it play out and see if it was to strong (which its not) before just making such a huge change to a power like they did. the dev's track record of balance isn't the best so i don't have much faith in them.
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

I guess I look at the game as being pretty easy right now and I see this as a good time to just play around with different styles of play. I'll be getting my mind back to a top tier DPS mindset later on. For now I definitely am content with seeing how things play out.
  19. pultinski Well-Known Player

um,
    earths defining mechanic, aftershocks, are unuseable with wm. also rumblecrush and striking stones from the geo tree have to long activation times and miss the wm window. our only dots are also unaffected. ive never tried nature. is poision like aftershocks? is that your defining mechanic ?
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I look at it as when the raids come out nature is gonna get pooped on lol, but yea rite now its easy mode but in the future its not looking to hot for nature dps with how good a lot of the powers are now preforming.