Nature and Weapon Mastery....

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CrappyHeals, May 8, 2014.

1. Ivy Bird Committed Player

I have been using Impaling Thorns, Serpents Call, Carnage, Voracious Plants, Thorn Burst and Rampage.
    WM combo into Serpents Call clipped with Carnage> WM into VP > WM into VP > repeat.
    Against the bosses in the T6A I use my armoury to switch into the DoT loadout as they have enough health to get some decent damage that way.
    WM into Impaling Thorns is amusing since alot of the time the first tick is bigger than the second!
  2. Waterfall Well-Known Player

WM gives the 1 power you use after a Wm combo a huge buff. If u r nature and use poison or swarm u will not get that buff for that might based power. You still get the power reduction and big damage from weapon combos.
  3. Artichoke Heart New Player

Oh, well now I understand. Thanks! :)
    And while it does sound like we got kinda an unfair shake, at least I still enjoy playing my Nature enough not to give up on it.
    So I won't be able to beat that Rage player in DPS... not that big of a deal. It might be for some, but I'm more into making friends, telling nerdy jokes, and having a good time.
    So I won't worry too much about it now.

Thank you so much for explaining, really made it clear :)
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea but all that stuff sucks and doesn't even compare to the dps poisons or swarm can do. I think its stupid and unfair that nature can't use any of its useful powers but every other powerset can use what ever they want.
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Being patient isn't going to get nature the WM buff back. While you might be ok with the decision the devs made me and hundreds of other nature players are not. Every power can use what ever they want but nature cant use any powers that are actually worth using.

And if they are going to make voltaic bolt not useable with WM thats stupid in my eyes. When the adjust it why not just balance it and let it take advantage of WM instead of just saying..oh well you cant use this power cause we're lazy and don't want to take the time to properly adjust things. and even is v bolt is not useable with WM its still not as bad as not being able to use their dots.

No power should have a restriction on WM imo. Its a new mechanic and everyone should get to benefit from it. And it makes a huge difference dps wise and without it you fall behind. Heck rage is way better than nature and they can still use WM and get the bonus on top of using berserk and that rite there is a insane amount of damage and cant be matched by anything in the game, but i cant use my dots lol where is the logic there????

If you read my first post and the examples i gave of other powers and things i have said and you still side with the devs and think nature is fine i don't know what to say to you..but i'm not gonna sit back and watch my power get pooped on cause of a uneducated decision with no testing or actual facts.
    • Like x 1
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Everyone thats nature just needs to stand up for our power just like the light community did for theirs. I know that theres not that many of us but every voice counts!
    • Like x 2
  7. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

A Nature league mate of mine, does just fine with Nature while making the most of his bow MM combos. Maybe I just suck, but he puts out some decent numbers. Long as he isn't using Swarm.
  8. Ivy Bird Committed Player

If by sucks you mean can compete at the top levels then sure. I have had no issues keeping up with some of the top DPS in my league and absolutely smashing those I have encountered in Pugs
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Not using poisons doesn't even come close to the dps you could be doing with them. I could blow nature out of the water with ice and many other powers rite now. The benefits WM gives are bigger then people or the devs expected. And I don't even want to talk about what I can do with sorcery that's just unfair.

And just remember this is only a alert where melee is viable when the raids come out and everyone is playing range and their dots are going to work nature won't hold a candle to other powers and if you do use dots you still won't keep up cause of the burst damage others can do with WM. So for nature either way you go is a loose loose situation.
    • Like x 1
  10. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Um no.... no they cannot all use whatever they want. Sorcery again with its pets doesn`t get the bonus and soon to be Electricity doesn't with Voltaic Bolt.

You may not think anyone should have a restriction on the critical bonus only but the fact is they do. The fact is other powersets are slowly getting restrictions. The fact is you can indeed still keep up without the critical bonus. Why? Guess what you don't lose the weapon damage that Weapon Mastery gives you. You are arguing about a single target getting a buff which diminishes in value as you use a longer Weapon Mastery combo.

You are not the one and only person that people should read when it comes to Nature. Far from it. Stop acting like you are spoiled. When these changes were first released you didn't just voice your opinion like the rest of us but you whined and whined and kept on whining. That is you not getting your way and throwing a fit.

We get it but it is apparent that SOE does not want certain mechanics to stack with the critical bonus (I'll repeat critical bonus only) and it is not just Nature. If you are really against the restrictions you would rally for Fury and Voltaic Bolt to be lifted to but you don't. You whine exclusively about Nature as if you are the only person who knows Nature well. You are not. Please stop whining.
    • Like x 3
  11. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Why to do something that I really don't need? I mean I have overcome every single "best" powerset that has come along using the tried and true Nature that really hasn't changed for almost 3 years. After Weapon Mastery guess what I get? More damage? Why because of the thing you don't grasp you get added damage from Weapon Mastery combos that you did not have before. Guess what I mainly used before Weapon Mastery? 2 hold combos. Guess what I used afterwards? 2 hold combos.

I lose absolutely nothing before Weapon Mastery compared to after. I gain Weapon Mastery combo damage.

The reason I say wait for the rest of the restrictions on other powersets is because you are basing your "facts" on incomplete information.
    • Like x 4
  12. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Here is something I can agree on though. If other powersets get a single restriction then so too should Nature. So for example Nature should only be restriction when using Harvest when extending their Power Interaction Poison Spores just like Electricity is getting the restriction only on extending their Power Interaction Electrified with Voltaic Bolt.

Again though I really need to know all of the restrictions first. Is Sorcery done being restricted? Will Electricity be done with restrictions with its revamp? I don't know which is why I cannot comment on "fairness" in regards to restrictions at this time.
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Did i just not say i don't think any power should have any WM restrictions, and when it was first announced i gave perfect examples of why both sorc and nature should keep the WM bonus and tried to fight to get the bonus but people like you said "oh its ok without the bonus the devs know what their doing". and its not just single target when you get the WM buff on a power it hits 3-4 people for about the same damage then after that the damage is lowered a little but still don't really split.If you knew what your talking about you would notice that you can get 2k hits off multiple targets with vp and the WM bonus. That goes for all aoe burst damage powers. and if you think you can keep up with other good powers or players you must not play with people that are to good. I'm sick and tired of forum junkies like you that think they know it all.

And i never said i was the go to guy on nature or am i whining, but i am a very good player and i'm just trying to stand up for the power i love cause no one else it. And i did't even know about v bolt till now cause unlike you i don't sit on the forums all day. i play the game and i'm constantly testing things out. I kept quiet for a while after WM came out to give it a chance and test some things i wasn't able to do on the test server and ive seen what it can and cant do and how it stacks against other powers and it simply just doesn't look good for nature at this point.
  14. Superskull85 Devoted Player

It took me all of 5 minutes to find out about Voltaic Bolt ala the post tracker. You also assume that I don't test or play the game. In fact I have been testing Nature well before you started posting and getting "popular". Get off your high horse. I am also quite sick of you thinking that your way is the one and only way. It is not. At all.

I'm not the only one saying it is fine if you haven't noticed by now but hey keep fighting the good fight!
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

you might not loose any damage and gain some but everyone else gained more.

Listen if your not for nature getting the WM bonus then fine but get out of here with your negative attitude. and the restrictions your talking about with electricity and v bolt are no where near as severe as not being able to use any dots. now if you can use dots with nature and not get the crit chance with voracious that would make a bit more sense, but not using any dots is a joke.
  16. Black Prime New Player

Sorry, but if you have a rage dps that uses 1h and he is not putting up double to tripple damage than any other power. Its almost like the desig.er working on the one handed combo has a soft spot for rage. The flow is crazy easy. Sorry though, i am totally not saying any of us are bad by any means. If i were to go rage and use my buddies loadout i would be doing the same. Like i said, this nerf on limiting the powers that can be used to get the power crit with WM is dumb. I mean its like someone read all the nerf rage pages and pushed the wrong button. Sorcery is better without pet it seems. Now maybe if they would lift the nerf so we can play our power like everyone else gets to. Then maybe nature could keep up.
    • Like x 1
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Um but guess what Electricity uses Electrified for? Oh yea extra DoT's, more damage, yada yada. The reason I keep posting is because I don't want Nature to have more than it needs to stay effective. It doesn't need the Weapon Mastery critical to stay effective like other powersets which are also getting restrictions even you don't agree with it.
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I've been nature for over 3 years and just cause i didn't always post on the forums and you did doesn't make you special. The reason i don't and didn't post alot is cause of the people like you on the forums that thoik the devs are always rite. And i never say my way is the only way to play, but ive seen some of the the things you use and lol. don't be trying to pick a fight with me you could have just looked past this but you had to come in a troll a bit. Your not a good player of do you have the knowledge i do. heck you just said the WM bonus was only single target. Cut your nonsense out if you think its fine then fine, but hundreds of nature people i talk to in game and on my youtube channel think other wise and i'm just trying to be the voice for use to be heard.

I'm not even going to respond to the things you say so don't even bother replying back.
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Nature would not be to good at all. You know whats going to rule the dps scene when the raids come out.... sorcery. 6 dots, great burst damage and can still utilize WM. Nature can't even compare to that right now and even if they give nature the WM bonus Sorc would still win out so i really don't see the big deal why you think nature shouldn't get the bonus. Ice, mental, sorce rage, and the list goes on of powers that out class nature rite now cause of not getting the WM bonus. If you cant see it then you have no right even commenting in here.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Prime New Player

So you know then that our hardest hitting power VP hits for crap on poison. Having the npc terrified and using WM makes it hit for almost 5k. Highest i could get using dots is in the 2000 range. Wrap your brain around this. You can do more damage using a iconic loadout running neo ven, robot sidekick, boxing glove, carnage, serp call, VP. Laugh but this is the best nature loadout right now. Can be used from range or melee. WM crits on VP and the boxing glove once adds are dazed and terrified are over 5k. Also this loaded melee is awesome. This are juggled and pushed and knocked down. The down side. Being nature and this being my loadout. Sorry npc are not living long enough for 8-10 dots to role off. At least not in my leavue. Natures dots could make a come back when T6 raids come out. Until then rage will rule all. They will cry when they get pushed back to range, but thats months away.

Crappy yes the nature community does need to stand up together. The said thing is there are not that many nature dps out there. Healers yes, dps no. Idid post back when they anounced what they were doing with the nerf. The only thing i saw nature wise was biw happy they were for our weapon damage. Just doesnt seem like those testing nature spoke up. This is what we get i guess. The only videos i saw from most nature people on test were their "LOOK AT MY BEAST RAGE DPS LOADOUT. WM IS AWESOME." Thats all you saw from this test update.