Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Roomba Dedicated Player

I could see why you would try and compare it to Gadgets, but the two AMs are intentionally dissimilar. Let's keep this in mind from before AMs were even a thing, from Tunso in the WIP thread from way back when:

Munitions is a mobile focused attack (MFA) power, gadgets is an advanced interactions (AI) power. With that in mind, the dissimilarities become more apparent, and even start to make sense a bit. Now I agree they also state that AI powers are supposed to have sustained DPS, but so far all of the AI powers to date are more bursty than sustained. (Please correct me if I am wrong about this, I am only thinking of Quantum and Gadgets here).

You should not be seeing a huge discrepancies in damage once the AM kicks in and you keep it going properly. If you're only seeing big hits on your third power, you are doing something wrong and letting the AM drop somewhere.

EMP's range is supposed to be much better than Splosion. 1) EMP is intended as a medium ranged finisher, and P Dart is the high range option; whereas Splosion is intended to be a melee power. 2) Splosion is not a "finisher". All of the munitions AM powers do way better damage than the "build up" powers of Gadgets. This is the difference between MFA and AI powers in general.

I also encourage you to keep at Splosion. I don't want a thing changed about it. It is supposed to be a high damaging melee power, and it serves it purpose perfectly. The range is better than you think it is (refer to my first post and look at the picture from Penryn I quoted), I guarantee it! Keep practicing, it'll click! I start to go into withdrawal when Im in a fight where I absolutely can't melee.

I say it all the time: I use Splosion in every single fight in Thrones Elite. Even Hades, when I want to piss my tank off lol. Hades I ususally dont Splode as much, but every other fight there is no reason to not use Splosion consistently in your rotations.

Splosion's strict melee range is something I really enjoy about the power. Anyone can sit back and spam. That is what we learned (most recently) with Quantum. I want to move around, get in the middle of a mob, and drop a ******* bomb!

Happy hunting! Glad you're enjoying it so far!
  2. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Almost each DPS power has a specific use and can more beneficial then another given a specific fight sequence.

For instance the Ares fright in throne regular where one tank has the adds and Ares, your better off using your hardest hitting AOE powers to grind down adds in between essences for this fight any combination of the following would work well.

Rocket Launcher, Minigun, 5BMG, Rail Guns, 50 cal BigGun

Where as the Ares fight in Elite where Ares is by himself other powers will shine;

50 cal, Patical Gun, Shrapnel Gernade Lanucher, Minigun, splosion really shine.

For those really brave here chain gun, 50 cal, splosion yields two to three rotations before ares stands up

Rocket Launcher is a spherical AOE around your target but will bypass enemies between you and the target where as shrapnel grenade launcher is a spherical AOE but will hit targets prior to your targeted enemy if there are enemies in between.

There are lots of nuisances to this power and "best" DPS load out is going to depend on each particular fight.
    • Like x 4
  3. Roomba Dedicated Player

Well said! People forget this too easily, across all powersets. In Munitions though, we are lucky that it is tailored to the current game state and we have multiple viable options, arguably more than some other powersets.

That's a short rotation, what are you using in between to make sure the AM doesn't drop?

I use Rails, Rocket, 50 Splode personally, but I think my Munitions league mate uses something similar to yours (from what I can anyway, I don't question him, I'm just happy we can kill Ares in 3 phases now!). We're both able to get off 4 splosions each phase! Love it love it love it.

Good distinction. Will add this to power description on front page. The increased radius is nice, but I do think SGL's damage in the AM could be improved. Even my AE parses never show it doing well, even though I used to love using it. May take a 2nd look.
  4. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

I haven't had too much time on the damage side but the Troll side.....Wow.... just wow
    Smoke Grenade, Multi Net, where have you been my Trolling life!!

I can't wait to test out the DPS properly :D
  5. Xzotix Committed Player

I agree with you on Sharp, if you don't use an applicator power.
    I pre-load CGL on my rotation to get Shrap to crit more consistently.
  6. Roomba Dedicated Player

Hmmm, how does CGL help SGL in any way once AM is up? Parser site is down, but I'm not seeing any difference in crit magnitude nor frequency.

Tested with and without CGL.

Tested with and without burning from any other burning PI applicator.

Tested with and without any PI being applied (including grav) whatsoever.

All criting about 2200-2600 on the 8 target dummies in league hall. Id need to parse to truly test crit rates, but the eyeballs don't see any glaring differences. What kind of a difference are you getting? Maybe there is something else going on I'm not doing.
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Mini Nuke is an awesome troll power, use it on a group of adds you will see what I mean
    • Like x 1
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Hi guys, my first post here. Regarding MELEE rotation I have a doubt regarding what rotation is better.1) CGL+KI+Minigun+rail+Splosion. 2) CGL+KI+rail+rocket+50cal+splosion.
  9. Xzotix Committed Player

I'm not sure what to attribute it too, but I do notice a big different on my second rotation, I just assumed it was from SGL since it is the previous power. It very well could be from KI clip.
    It seems to me that any one power unto itself reacts differently than used in a set of 3 plus.
    Try the full rotation: CGL clip with KI, Five Barrel Mini-Gun, Rail Guns, Shrapnel Grenade Launcher repeat at least 3 times and you should increased crits on cast 2. Nothing drastic but you should some increase in crit numbers.
    Haven't been on my DPS couple of days feat hunting.
    I'll double check today and get you some numbers, can't wait for the parser on PS.
  10. Xzotix Committed Player

Personally I would got with number one.
    Hard to rule out number 2 also.
    They're both really good load outs, I'm just not feeling .50 cal at the moment.
    For single target #2 I would swap Particle Gun for Rocket. Funky animation time might change your mind.
    Splosion is a WOW! power, if you're in the perfect range.
  11. Roomba Dedicated Player

I did, in my post the first test I listed was with and without CGL, using that exact rotation (which I did not lost). Dunno. Looking forward to your parse/numbaz, thank you for looking into it.

And amen to that last bit lol. Can't wait to get you guys as number crazy as us PC players
  12. Roomba Dedicated Player

Rocket for smaller groups/solo target. Minigun for trash/adds. That's what my data supports anyway
  13. Roomba Dedicated Player

Xzotic makes good points. There is a lot of room for personal preference!
  14. Xzotix Committed Player

O.K., this is what I found on my current rotation.
    (8 League hall dummies)
    Pre-loading CGL with roughly 7800 might my crits were in the 1700 low end crits for CGL on mostly 4+ targets.
    Without CGL it was in the 1200 range on 2 sometime 3 targets... sometimes would only crit on 1 target which was strange.
    Even more disturbing for my purposes, on a single target dummy It would almost never crit.
    So definitely not a single target power by any means.
    On a side note in throne last night a guy was bragging about his load out: Pre-load Flak, KI, .50 Cal, Rail, Rocket Launcher, Biggun.
    Not biased to any load out, they have all been good... til this one.
    Even though it is a 45% the first tick of Flak is not nearly as high as the 35% CGL first tick.
    Point is I wouldn't use Flak unless I'm trolling.
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

Ty for respond my post but I have another doubt. I would like to use a "Splosion" (in terms of damage) range after 50 cal. What power should I use? At moment im using FBM but I dont know if is the right choice because the animation is a bit long.
  16. Roomba Dedicated Player

Exactly, flak is way less damage than CGL. CGL is by far and away our best "quick" non AM ability... beats flak, mini nuke, smoke bomb, multi net launcher, etc. Haven't really used the small package in PvE, but I cant see how itd be worth the point investment

Your buddy's loadout would be fine if he just took out Flak and put in Splsoion.

I don't find CGL to realyl be "worth it". Is it a DPS boost? Sure. Is it significant? Not really. Is it worth potentially screwing up a rotation in a crazy fight? Heck no in my opinion. But I do recognzie that many people are comfortable with this and prefer it, much like me with Splosion in almost every fight
    • Like x 1
  17. Roomba Dedicated Player

There is no range attack that does damage as high as splosion. That is why splosion is melee range. Please refer to all previous posts on this subject (including the very first post in this thread).
  18. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

FIFY
  19. Streven Dedicated Player

While trolling I'm finding I prefer Flak Cannon over Multi Net Launcher but I keep seeing everyone show love for the multi net. What am I missing here? I know I like flak for the burning, decent stun and awesome animation. Plus in my mind I've always felt damage debuff>health debuff.

So tell me what is great about the multi net because I want to be converted.

Also, mini nuke is so underwhelming to me. I'd rather spam smoke grenade than ever use mini nuke. I don't see the draw.
  20. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Multi net has a single or multi target pull, handy if your healer gets overwhelmed
    • Like x 1