Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Xzotix Committed Player

Thanks for double checking.
  2. Xzotix Committed Player

I have 2 but my main one is 'Splosion. You have to be too close for my taste.
    Spord said Biggun is working as intended for what it's worth.
    Man I hate it but I may have to give up my damage mitigation (Mounted Turret) to get Biggun.
  3. Roomba Dedicated Player

4. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Been Playing this since it went live on USPS. While I understand the tip toeing around Biggun it's only situationally "OP". Unless it crits, on most bosses it's doing any more damage than splosion. In fact, most of the time it does less.

One thing about Splosion that sucks is that it isn't a block breaker. For people having fear about range, rocket retreat will get you hell out Of dodge as it's descriptions says.

Other things that may be bugged/wish that they could be changed: sometimes it's seems if 5 barrel is your 2nd power used in am rotation bullet frenzy kicks in on the last tick, rather than the intial hit of your 3rd power. Also, I wish that you could move during Mounted turret, this would make it more useful since damage isn't all that.
    • Like x 1
  5. Omnipotent Ziltoid New Player

I'm going for a faster loadout that allows me to fold my rotation quicker to get to the heavy hitters faster. I know 50 cal is brutal when it doesn't crit but it's fast and is great when it does crit.

RL> Chain> 50 cal> Splosion> KI> Biggun

This allows me to fold my rotation a second faster which is why I like it.
  6. Xzotix Committed Player

Is this your rotation or your load out?
    If it is your rotation, KI should be first instead of last in order to get EotT/Power back.
    Edit: Noticed you are using 4 BF powers (3 established as normal), how is that working for you?
  7. Omnipotent Ziltoid New Player

Well its both I always run my loadouts left to right but of course I'm hitting KI as I run up then left to right from there
    • Like x 1
  8. Omnipotent Ziltoid New Player

Well its working great tbh but I can only go off running in raids. I'm neck and neck with high end quantum players and with Biggun being used at the right moment I'm absolutely crushing them.

I personally clip Splosion with KI to start since I play right on the edge of melee. Only time I found myself using CHG to clip into KI was when I was forced to go full range which honestly is rare so I dropped it for the luxury of always being prepared.

To me Munitions greatest strength is its mobility, this is what allows me to get every supply drop that is dropped and to get Splosion of 95% of the time with little to no danger
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

rL>5b>rG>spl is my favorite so far.
  10. Omnipotent Ziltoid New Player

I was going that route myself but that's 11 seconds between Splosion s, I like folding my rotation and getting to Splosion as quickly as possible. I would like to get rid of 50cal tbh but everything I put in its place slows my rotation and doesn't clip well with Splosion but I still have some loadouts to test
  11. Omnipotent Ziltoid New Player

50 cal is pretty much feast or famine, when it crits it's totally worth it when it doesn't it's stupid low. I get ranges from 9k to 50k out of it.
  12. Roomba Dedicated Player

Rocket and 50 Cal are shorter, and barely so. RL has great damage. 50 Cal, even when it crits, does not do that good of damage. Big numbers are nice yes, but in a raid this contributes minimally to your dps.

With your rotation, I was getting about 1500-2000 damage per second less on a single target parse.

Not sure why you're using Chain Gun and not Rails.

Why cycle through all 4? You should only be using two other attacks before your splosion if you're continuously meleeing.

I'm glad you're finding the playstyle you like, but you definitely have room to tinker with your loadout and play style. Just my advice
    • Like x 1
  13. Omnipotent Ziltoid New Player

Because chain is a full second shorter than RG, I use 50 cal because the loss of time is minimal when going 50 to Splosion. Like I said I'm not pc I can't examine the individual dps of each power, but once I made the loadout faster my damage appeared to increase a lot
  14. Xzotix Committed Player

If it works for you Kool!!! Whatever works.:)
  15. Roomba Dedicated Player

16. Omnipotent Ziltoid New Player

I never once said mines better, just said it's folding quicker nor did I dispute your evidence, just explained my reasoning for why I'm doing what I'm doing. It's cool, I'm gonna keep testing on my own, but maybe you might want to calm down a little, wasn't trying to question your guide, part of the title was "discussion" which was what I was trying to do
  17. Roomba Dedicated Player

I'm such a jerk, I can't even switch it off. It's no wonder I picked villain side is it? :p

Right on, glad you're having fun and seeing results!
  18. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Anyone here knows if it is worthy to use WM>Chain Grenade Launcher>Killer Instinct?

I am asking cause i can see a lot of crits coming from CGL after the WM, dunno if it is worthy the time spent...

Another point... what are the best 3 BULLET FRENZY POWERS to group targets and the best for single targets?
  19. Roomba Dedicated Player

5BM, Rails, Splosion (melee) / Rocket (range) in my experience. For example, me and my munitions buddy can usually get 4 Splosions rotations each in on Ares during his burn phase in the elite. That's a lot of kaboomage.

I'll be honest that I haven't dabbled much in the WM side of things, I know a lot of people weren't jazzed by it on test, but I can check it out.

What kind of numbers are you seeing with WM --> CGL? Does it buff only the first hit (single target), or do the last 2 hits (aoe) get buffed as well?
  20. Starbrand Dedicated Player

It really seems that every hit in CGL is getting crits, but i didnt parse the combat log to check it... try it just in League dummies to see.