Work In Progress Mid-Year Development Update: Announcing Large Content Releases, Open Episodes, and Summer Plans

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Someone as elite as TSAVORENTLESS doesn't have time to deal with noobs in HH duo :rolleyes:
    • Like x 7
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

Trex, biggiedarkghost - Mepps stated point-blank in a thread this spring that Skimming did not produce the return they were looking for so they had indefinitely postponed plans to introduce the others. There was just not enough juice in the squeeze.

That is the biggest problem with cosmetic things like that. They take a lot of zots to produce but appeal to a limited portion of the population and Daybreak may not recoup their investment. They tried something different with the material system. I think they made a mistake in how they have handled that so far but they have the numbers and will decide that for themselves.
  3. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

And before it was Water, they were originally telling us that they were making a Serums powerset based off of Hourman and Bane.

I'm a big enough fan of the JSA and the Hourman character, that I actually spent some additional $$ in the game (I've also been subscribed since launch day.) so that I could reserve a name that I liked for an Hourman tribute character.

That got shelved for Water, money wasted, and now even the Water set has been pushed back.

Unlike a few malcontents, I'm not ascribing any negative motivations or characteristics to the devs or other Daybreak employees. All of them that I've met in person and seen online seem to be genuinely nice and hardworking people. A few years before launch, I actually got to visit their Austin studio and I can personally testify that they work incredibly long hours and put in a huge amount of effort into making this game.

So at least for some of us complaining, it is not at all intended to demean or besmirch them in any way whatsoever. But precisely because I do love this game and want for it to continue to succeed, like others here I am giving my feedback.

They've seen firsthand that getting people's hopes up and then announcing that the plans have changed will inevitably upset folks.

But more fundamentally, the main problem that I see with the game right now is that things such as the "Relevancy Window", progression tied to being lucky with the RNG, and an almost exclusive focus on large-group content has made the game more of a chore for me than the fun pastime that it used to be for me.

I strongly suspect that they are just hoping to rely on the new X-Box playerbase to tide them over during this long delay before there is new content available, but that might still mean that the game could wind up being pretty empty for the PlayStation / PC side.

And a part of the problem that I see is that there is now and will be soon even more console MMOs available during this time period that raise their money in a different way.

I'm spending much more of my gametime right now over in Elder Scrolls Online. Why? Because I can progress there playing ANY part of the game I want to play. If I feel like playing my main faction's storyline, I'm progressing. If I feel like playing side missions, I'm progressing. If one of my friends logs on with a low level toon in a completely different area and I join them in their missions -- the game level-scales and we are still both progressing. If I want big group stuff, I can queue for it, and yup I'm still progressing, and all of their dungeons scale so I can play the equivalent to every single raid in DCUO every single week with them all being at their original difficulty -- and I'm still progressing. If I want to just collect raw materials and craft stuff -- still progressing. If I feel like doing some of the new Thieve's Guild or Dark Brotherhood DLC stuff that has different playstyles and skill lines available -- still progressing. After level 10, if I want to spend most of my time in their huge open world PvP section of the continent -- yup, still progressing.

Why is it working that way for ESO and not DCUO? Because the two games generate their additional revenue in different ways. DCUO generates revenue by locking away content and making you pay to replay it. ESO makes additional revenue by selling cosmetic items that the majority of the players want. One of the more clever things that ESO has done is that with each new style that they've introduced, you have to have some special, difficult to acquire, style material to craft something in that style. For example, if a player is having fun playing the Thieve's Guild missions and wants to look the part -- they have to acquire style materials by pickpocketing town guards, and successfully do so 10 times to make the style item needed for one piece of armor or weapon. OR, they can just pay a small amount of money to the cash shop to buy "Mimic Stones" that can take the place of these hard to acquire style materials. Well, obviously a lot of folks simply buy the Mimic Stones.

But that is where I see the problem with DCUO. The combination of the Relevancy Window, RNG luck needed for success, and so on mean that for many players the game gets very boring and a chore because the repetition of a small amount of content in a game that actually has a pretty good amount of content overall is not fun. Their idea of having a boost to skip to level 25 will make it to where new players will be whining about having nothing to do even faster than before.

So I am very much hoping that their proposed alternative means of progression will address this, but unfortunately until I see something more concrete I will remain very skeptical as to whether they can turn this ship around and make the game fun again.
    • Like x 5
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

Out of 16 characters, I have one superspeed toon. He's a villain alt that I do not play because I do not like SS. The rest are all acro or flight with one skimming. I fundamentally disagree with the Phase Dodge advantage plus SS does not fit my vision of my characters. I have tested SS extensively on test as well as swapped my main to get the race feats but that's it.

Skimming is a cosmetic thing. The other variants would also be purely cosmetic. They are not meant to appeal to the min-maxxers that went SS just for PD clipping. If they don't produce revenue, they will not get made.
  5. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

How will Stats Matter affect how Water, or any power, works? How will it be all sorts of broken? I gain gear all the time, my stats change all the time (and did so prior to Stat Flattening) and powers still perform the same, relative to each other. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see it.
    post #37: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...matter-removing-cr-differential.268891/page-2

So, since you're in a neutral emotional state, when they announce things you must not get excited. And when they announce that things are delayed, do you not wonder why they bothered to announce things at all? Is this the best way to run a business?

We, as customers, have expectations. Quite often, these expectations are informed by what the devs say. This is not a new phenomenon, it's been happening as long as I've been on the forums, and probably longer. I understand why there have been delays, but there have been a lot of delays, and some things seem to have been dropped completely. But we continue to hear statements on what we can expect. Eventually, they have to deliver. I feel like sometimes they tell us things just because it's what they think we want to hear. It's not fun getting your hopes up and then having them snuffed out. It leaves me feeling pretty indifferent.
    • Like x 3
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

so this month will be the last monthly episode ,looks like i might be restarting my legendary in a month since monthly content was most of the reason i left in the 1st place
    • Like x 2
  7. Serj Committed Player

has been put on the backburner from what stems from the mid-year announcement, but i think more league activity is an easy fix(atleast in theory, not sure if it's a complicated thing or not).

there are alot of daily missions in the game... and as far as i know most of them are being ignored due to the powercreep and people jumping into that bandwagon like there's no tomorrow.

so, why not make those daily missions mean something? one option is to add a prestiege value to them, it doesn't have to be a new system for it to work in a league enviorment.
    I'm aware that at some point, people will run out of missions but tbh there's such an abundance of them that i don't see how is that going to be a problem anytime soon... plus there are weekly resets to keep in mind :).

back in the mark of destinction days some daily missions helped you progress but since then most of them have been discarded as i said, bandwagon and all that...

all in all, i think it's a good way to make old content relevant and im sure some leagues will enjoy more league activity. dailies need some love too.

im not much of a writer but i think i got the main suggestion out. (they did ask for ideas in this regard so...)
  8. Human Target New Player

Mepps
    Is there a way to put walk in teleporters in League Halls. That way if your in a league you can walk into any raid or alert. Right now there are only a few walk in points for raids or alerts. You could make it something leagues have to pay with prestige to open up each month or add some kind of generator mod that needs to be installed. I'm curious if this is possible. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like this feature.
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Im not like that n will help anyone and I also work. With that said they made the game easier now. Example - with next episode they'll go back and go get the 2 dwfe feats. That overall really doesn't make u good n makes the game stupid n easy.

I took 3 yrs basically off n to say there is enough content is really ridiculious.
  10. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

11. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I had 0 damage because I came in after first boss was gone.

I go into that duo for base mods n not to lose a drop. Only thing left to get is vit 8.3's which i need 2 of them. Got a ton of every ither one.

Other day i went to que solo n chamelion light dps was in there n i went running in troll stance n I was confused of where I was at n I was like crap im in duo. Only time I screwed up damage in duo cuz Of that but duos don't matter either n i went to que in bottom of 1 player instead of 2 doing it too fast.

But um ya u haven't gone in there n noobs die on catwoman n leave? Not gnna waste a drop I leave n reque like everyone else does.

Messed up something in post above remove please.
  12. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Np bro anytime. I'm a troll and wanted my 8 th piece not 7 of each role.

I seriously got 30 something elite back and know the mechanics in that thing in an out. It really was the only thing fun to me.

I'm probably going to go into sm today but I personally will only do it complete and done cuz I'm not into the base mods and stuff.

When oan comes out I'll be in there cuz I'm a lantern and it will go with my character..... Well that is if I'm still here.
  13. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Also with that said I'm light and everything matters when ur pwr is crappy n u won't get picked up. So yes I burn through stuff but it's not cuz of replays it's because there is nothing else to do. If u played since begining ur done not cuz of being an elitist but because u were loyal and herre the whole time.

The people that have been here the whole time are the ones going to be the ones most affected by this and that isn't rite!

Yes they should be catered too because they've been loyal n payed the whole time. sure the ones that haven't been it won't matter but it will when the subs drop off and people don't come back.

I got so mad when they changed things that I sold my ps4 so I wouldn't come back. Obviously I came back but it was cuz I had people always asking me to.

I'm sorry I'm rite but this is a 6 month wait with barely any content if u been here. They will lose a lot of players and u know it.
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

None of the bosses were defeated. The other player had just finished the very first room.
    • Like x 1
  15. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

What a bunch of elitist ****. I'm only gonna mention one thing. They didn't attach actual feat points for a reason, and that reason is not just because free players will complain. Most of the community is still struggling just to beat the first boss in DWF reg. So, you're saying they should attach actual feat points to a style more than 90% of the community won't even see for probably 2 to 3 years minimum? Really? How's about no. While I agree that elite gear should mean more, attaching actual feat points to them is saying screw you to at least 90% of the players in this game. Yeah, let's do that. Let's **** all over those who pay to keep the game up lol. That's also a key reason why so many players hated Dox. A lot of players getting full Traces, most of whom didn't even deserve Traces mind you, while they simply were not good enough to even get into the raid, even if they were close to max CR, unless they glitched it. You are part of the problem with this game. Just leave.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I had 0 damage because I came in after first boss was gone.

I go into that duo for base mods n not to lose a drop. Only thing left to get is vit 8.3's which i need 2 of them. Got a ton of every ither one.

Other day i went to que solo n chamelion light dps was in there n i went running in troll stance n I was confused of where I was at n I was like crap im in duo. Only time I screwed up damage in duo cuz Of that but duos don't matter either n i went to que in bottom of 1 player instead of 2 doing it too fast.

But um ya u haven't gone in there n noobs die on catwoman n leave? Not gnna waste a drop I leave n reque like everyone else does.

Seriously there was a reason cuz I can solo the whole instance. Wouldn't bail unless it was someone I didn't like or maybe my league called I don't know. I do that duo sometimes over and over so I can't particularly remember. I have 12 drenzium and already spent 10 on both masks. That's where my replays are going but I wouldn't bail on a noob I'd tell them the mechanics. I might have gotten a phone call for work and left I can't remember but I'm not a ******.

I even give people a chance in dwfe on the first 2 bosses but if ur not playing ur role correctly in last room you get a few trys and then I'd replace you. Not going to hurt 7 trying to pull one in that last room. I do give people the benefit of the doubt but Again I'm not a *** and wouldn't do that to a newer player in a duo. Yes I speak my mind because that's how I was raised people like me and people hate me amd thats the way it is. Your trying to to paint me out to be some *** cuz I had 0 dmage in duo. There was a reason I don't remember and when ur 172 yes u can solo the whole thing by irself with ease. Srry I dn't remember why and bas no bearing on my post.
  17. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I'm not trying to paint you to be anything. All I did was post a fact.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Omg seriously dwfe isn't hard if u Knowthe mechanics and get the rite pwers and roles. This is where ur balance everyone says is there isn't.

U run in there wit a quantum dps , rage and light dps ur not beating it.

Trolls can solo whole raid if they manage pwr rite but they also can't have healers spamming like there soloing.

Yes to solo u can't run in with electric and sorcery heals it won't happen but why would you when u can bring one troll with a nature and celestial if they don't spam and always refresh their powerback mechanic.

The game is lopsided and u see it in there.

U don't want 2 ice tanks cuz the adds. It can be done but ur hurting the group. U want one that can pull the adds.

There's alot of things why people don't beat it but even if u get the right stuff u have to see wuts wrong n fix it or it won't happen either. That's how u get it done.

Rite now wit the cr jump u can beat the first 2 rooms and get away with it cuz the cr jump but it won't happen in the last room.

Next episode with another 4 cr increase then u can bring anything if ur lazy and don't feel like making a group correctly.

I love the game having to do that because it's about being smart , patients knowing ur role and playing well together.

That's how this game used to be and will be again once it's dlc's again. Get used to it and u better play smart cuz when the change happens if u don't ur gnna get left in the dust replays or not.

Everything will be linked and if u can't progress through one part ur not going to get through the next.

This cr stuff made it so anyone could play eventually if the cr jumped.

I'm hoping it does end up like that but I could be wrong but it really used to be that way.
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

I'm a full elite troll and 7 of 8 dps 172 cr both ways so I'm done dwfe cept 2 feats and besides that 250 and above lpve which the track record of the game I'll never do because of nerfs and I can see them dropping it to 250 overall so I aint gnna waste my time doing 1000 of any of them.
    GZ. u must either be very lucky or very wealthy

So this next episode will come out and I'll be done in 2days and then we gotta wait 6 months.
    u reset untill u got all at day2. no problem if it makes u happy. do you play only one char? how about making a healer? or a tank? create an alt of the opposide faction. or grind for feats, like lpve feats. oh, that takes tooo much time doesnt it?

I just took almost 3 yrs off and was maxed out when the game was better and more difficult . 190 to 269 shouldn't be possible in 4 months time.
    u realy only have one char, do you?

Overall I guess that's why they're going back to dlc's but in all fairness I'm soon going to take a break til halloween.
    have a good time. i will farm for feats untill then.

Mainly they gotta hire people and not throw out some stupid grinding feat to hold us off mainly.

Number 2 getting the elite sets should be more then just a stinking title. There should be a good 6 piece affinty for dps and an 8 one for them also and they should be worth 50 feat points. I'm sorry but the elite stuff is the most difficult thing in the game and wuts given now for it isn't worth it to make the free crowd mad which again isn't paying squat and using sodas to play anyway.
    everytime i see someone with the complete elite style title the first week around, i just think: jammed, how many times did they reset? not that its a bad thing to spend money for replays...

In a nutshell the 6 months can't happen or too many people will disappear. I like the old way better but they should take the hit and get 6 months of content in 2months and hire people.
    i hope there is alot of stuff thats worked on currently that gets released between episode 26 and 27. we get survival mode, halloween seasonal, pvp mapp and gear, weapon adjustments... maybe they will get us some things as soon as they are done to keep us loging in,

Number 2 a supercharge amentity needs added and should have been when crystals were removed from robinson park.
    great idea. i would support this and its something i would buy from marketplace.

Elite stuff needs to matter more which I'll repeat probably 3 more times during this.
    i dont think so.

Nerf the lpve before I end up doing it cuz then something that much of a grind gets nerfed after people did it will cause people to leave.
    i would change some of the feats, but there are already ppl hwo got most of them... not easy to change something now...

Last but not least seasonal vendors should be up yr round. Not the seasonal itself but the vendors. I've always thought u should be able to go get something anytime in this game which is why I always hated them. With that said I know that ain't possible but we all have lives and sometimes things happen in life and u miss them but at least if u have marks from the yr before u could always get things from the vendors cuz they'd always be up.
    good idea. i would also like to run the Q's the whole year long. but vendors would be great to have anyways.

On a sidenote I haven't liked any raids in this game since the open world ops and nexus and dox until Dwfe. I loved the raid and haven't had this much fun in awhile. Overall it will be short lived cuz one thing I've liked in 3 yrs then 6 months off isn't a good thing.
    i get it, your are awesome. you play the hardest stuff and stuff. you deserve to be proud about it. its nice if u look in the mirror and like what u see. good for you.

I do want it the way it was before but this is something daybreak has to stand up put big boy pants on and figure it out. Overall it should had never been changed in the first place but 1 month of content for that long of wait my guess would probably kill the game then they'd try to merge all 3 systems.
    im sure they will release stuff in between, its not like there is nothing to do for in between, and it is not said that nothing new can arrive in that time.

Overall this my opinion and I'm Tsavor and I support this message!
    there you have my opinion. i support a few things in this message!
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

*BARF*

Sorry I couldn't swallow the amount of IGNORANCE I just read.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.