Maximum League Population

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prosser Dedicated Player

I know a few of the other MMO's I play/have played, are all capped at 100 per league/guild/whatever, so I guess we can be thankful that we get 500.
    • Like x 1
  2. Captain Liberty Developer

We are setting it at 250 - and it is designed to be a single instance (we won't spawn multiple versions of your Hall the way we would for Gotham when it hits its population cap, for instance). I think it will be unlikely for people to need more than 250 players in their Hall at once, and that is the limit we're going with at launch. (In the event that more than 250 players attempt to enter their shared Hall, player 251 and up will have to wait until someone leaves - like a semi-exclusive club.)
    • Like x 8
  3. Captain Liberty Developer

I understand that current tools make editing League rosters difficult at best. We're going to work with large Leagues to assist them as best we can. We're also going to be looking at live performance to see if there's any room to raise the cap. Keep in mind that nothing bad happens straight away, just the ability to add people to the league. Also, GU 39 has an improved League management UI that will make things at least a little better (it's nice just having a League player count).
    • Like x 11
  4. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

But Larry I'm always the 251st person to the party. I guess I'll just have to sit on the Moon driveway and wait.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dametria Loyal Player

Thank you and your team for responding to our dilemma. We worked diligently this past week to set # of alts allowed per person and weed out those who could be deemed as definitely inactive. Our league managed to come in under 500 and only had a few minor mis-boots.

As one of the older and yes, larger leagues JG was and still is excited for today's league centered update. Kudos to Spytle and the whole development team for bringing this much needed improvement to the game we love and for their willingness to assist.

JG4Life & DCUO until the servers shut down. <3
    • Like x 7
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

On average, how many alts to people have that are also part of their league?
  7. X-zero Loyal Player

I didn't get much time to ask questions about this before the server went down but there is a potential bug that may affect leagues that have to trim down. From what I have seen the undeleteable blank names in a league from deleted toons seem to count against the 500 limit.
    • Like x 2
  8. MercPony Devoted Player

I noticed this as well. People that deleted toons or left the league left blanks spots but it still counts them as "in" the league on the UI. I was hoping this update would fix that.
  9. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

Yes, I second this. To whomever it may concern, please address and fix these blank spots in the roster. This issue has been persisting for far too long.
    • Like x 1
  10. °Burn666° New Player

BITTER! BITTER! BITTER!
    Its biiter and sad that Soe force me now to leave the Game !!!
    All the Time, all the Days and Weeks and Month for nothing !!!
    And for what? For a stupid idea to re-alive a dead game.
    I DONT WANT 2 JOIN A LEAUGE and i never will do it in my whole Livetime.
    I didnt Need it untill today and i dont want use it in Future!!!
    it seems that nobody from the soe creaters thounght about ppl like me, they wanna stay free and for them the private and personal contacts are more importent than to stay with a mob.
    I dont want Play with ppl that i dont like and be to them nice only
    because im with em in the same mob.
    I leave!!!!
    Nobody can force me to do what i dont want to do!!!!!!
    and nobody can force me to Play with ppl that i dont like and dont know personal!!!
    Bitter!
    So i say byebye to the community and the game and send ya all the best wishes.
    King-Kong-Quantum-Troller °Burn666° with Vita 3198:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  11. Mad009 New Player

Why do you need a league hall just for yourself?
    Don't be in a league and play as you are already playing. I don't see anything wrong with that.
  12. °Burn666° New Player

The Problem is not my actuall Status , its just that u can set mods in leaugehalls with that u upgrade ur stats of might, vita and all that...and if you are NOT in a leauge than u aint have that and have alot disadvantage trough this....is this fair? NO ITS NOT!!!
  13. rexstone89 New Player

You can see the total amount of members in your league on the top right corner of the league management page. : )
  14. rexstone89 New Player

@ Mepps and the Devs, Maybe allowing the leaders to change their league's name without having to disband the league can be part of this DLC update. (Just a thought...) I'm Sure there are leagues with council members and leaders who would want this to be implemented. Especially, if the league is very big in terms of members. : )
    • Like x 1
  15. Mad009 New Player

Yes, the proficiencies are available to a league and each proficiency costs 25,000 prestige. They are not necessary to complete end game content and not every league will be able to have them all at the same time. Some will have to choose and some won't have many.
    It's not a disadvantage at all. To be fair, you don't need 3200 Vit for a troll to do the current content. The next gear will take you near about 3700 vit and even that's high for the raids. That slight percentage increase will not dramatically change anything. I don't see trolls really competing with each other unlike the DPS players who may have a slight disadvantage.

The league is not a mob mentality but a collective of like minded individuals who are equally geared and skilled whereas you on the other hand think it binds into some sort of submission, I guess. Personally, I think you have an inflated ego of being a beast Troll who does not need friends or a community and that's the impression most people have of you. In fact, it has always been your decision to run solo and pug all content. You have declined many invitations to join a league even from people you play with somewhat regularly.

I think the league halls system is fair to everyone including the likes of you.
    • Like x 1
  16. Prosser Dedicated Player

And who is it that is forcing you to join a league?
  17. °Burn666° New Player

The Point that have disadvantages if im not able to use the mods in a leaugehall......no mods without leauge and no better stats without mods^^
  18. Prosser Dedicated Player

no offense to you, but myself and others have been arguing about this stuff for 4 weeks, I just don't care to repeat myself over for the 50th time about all the same points. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do man.
  19. °Burn666° New Player

* Personally i think...... NO! my Friend with that u r totaly wrong!! My Friendlist is very very Long and all These ppl are-each of them; very importent to me and i invest alot of time to hold this Friendships alive. And also im very happy to be a Part of the Community and so i allways have a helping Hand for new Players and take my time to bring them deeper in this Game and to help them where ever i can...but for me is in every Point more the personal contact and relationship importent and i simply dont want to feel anybody obliged only because he is my Leauge...sry but im not so superficial, thats not me...and i only dont want to be disadvantaged in any Point or any way only because i choose the non-leauge-way...that would be not fair...thats all! And about "our" Egos....we all want to be good Players and want to be good in that what we are doing, who of us doesnt remember the hundrets-of-kick-Outs as we was Newbies^^...but i think thats just a part of the sporting Spirit that every game and every Player own and so i can tell u seriously that my Ego isnt bigger than urs ;) hope u understand me now a Little bit better...
  20. Mad009 New Player

If your personal connections are important and if they are people that you can call friends, then I don't see a reason why it would be difficult for you to join up with them or make a league of like minded people with whom you can play the content.

This thing called league hall is not meant for a solo player. Which proficiency do you think will put you at a disadvantage and how? Will you not be able to keep up or play your role right, is it?

My ego is not as big as yours, trust me. I asked you once for your help when I first started trolling but you refused to even share your load out like it were some secret thing. Being good at your role is not enough unless you can add some humility to it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.