Maximum League Population

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hello DCUO Leagues!

As you've seen in Game Update 39 (currently on PC Test), there are a ton of new and exciting features coming to leagues with the revamp of League Management and the introduction of League Halls. These features make league play more fun and more meaningful, and the systems behind them are complex.

In implementing these features, it has become clear to us that we must limit the maximum number of characters a league can have for technical reasons. Extremely large rosters simply pose too many potential problems.

In that light, the maximum number of characters a league can have will be capped at 500 characters.

If you are in one of the few leagues with more than 500 characters, we recommend trimming your roster of inactive characters, or leaving and reforming your league, before Game Update 39 launches. If you do not, you will no longer be able to invite new players to your league until your population is under the cap, and your league roster may not function properly.
    • Like x 9
  2. kawe Loyal Player

You can hear the cries of a thousand DC Infinite memebers in the distance.

Then again, DC Infi memebrs don't read forums anyway. They most likely will come running complaing why they get League roster bugs or can't invite anymore.
    • Like x 7
  3. jr1nc Dedicated Player

ive always kept the toons in my league that made a difference to the league... as a league leader remembering what each toon did in the past that deserves a place in the league... those that have alts and only use em for season stuff make a league called seasonal lol it will make the day go faster! those that do not get on or left the game ... well its time to move on! get rid of your league rosters ...
  4. PrestigeExpert New Player

500 is too many as it is, tbh. Few will cry, most won't bat an eye.
    • Like x 5
  5. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

A 500 cap is pretty tight for growth. SilverAge Heroes was one of the leagues that ran into issues previously because it had 1000+ characters. For leadership change reasons, we had to do a full purge and lose the league name. We trimmed down to about 200 characters. While this makes it a non-issue for GU39, 500 really isn't far off when you factor in recruitment and existing players making new alts. Justice Girls is 1000+ currently. We still have to figure out how we're going to deal with that, but JG has far more active players than SilverAge. So even in a trimmed state, I think there will be more than 500 characters.
    • Like x 5
  6. KrimsonScourge New Player

Holy Giant League Roster Batman!
    • Like x 5
  7. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

Exusia is going to wait until after the update and remove all who have been gone 15+ days. Hopefully there will be no issues with being able to monitor activity if the league far and away surpasses these newly imposed limits at the arrival time of GU39.
  8. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

I truly wish that my hard work in fortifying our league does not go up in smoke due to this newly imposed population cap. An interface error could mean the dissolution of the immortal Exusia. I'll be inquiring of SOE support immediately to determine the wisest course of action for my league prior to this watershed of an update.
  9. SpeedBow New Player

1000+,
    Divide into three leagues
    Create a voice chat
    Profit?
    • Like x 2
  10. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I read the forums and I found your post to be incredibly insulting towards my league xD
  11. Serj Committed Player

@mepps would it be possible to have us be able to see our total members in our league so we'll know how much to trim?
    • Like x 1
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Wow, many alts are going to be cut from leagues
  13. Mermaid Dedicated Player

This will be a difficult task for our league as we have never kicked inactive players before. We have many members who become inactive in a few months and then return. What we have discussed so far is cutting down alts and transferring them to a new league and the inevitable kicking. Thank you anyways for the heads up.
    • Like x 8
  14. Psalmist TX Level 30

Thanks for heads up Mepps.
  15. MinuteMaster Well-Known Player

Thank you for the information Mepps! I like the fact that we're getting the roster a limit, it's annoying that so many people have large leagues, and many of their players aren't even that active.
    • Like x 1
  16. MercPony Devoted Player

I can already think of a few leagues that have more than 500 characters lol
  17. cdicke2 Well-Known Player

If you're being forced out of a league, message FatherOak on USPS. You can always join the MINORxLEAGUE.
  18. Cara Lace New Player

i had to edit my first response, to calm down. This is unacceptable. Period. The League Management system is completely useless for this task and if you are going to force us to boot people, and are willing to loose subscriptions over it, at least you could make the League Management system work right.
  19. Herculine New Player

As a member of Justice Girls, one of the largest leagues in the game, I have to say this is devastating news. Also rather disappointing. League halls and league management system can't handle more than 500 due to technical difficulties? Computers have been able to count higher than 500 for quite some time now...
    • Like x 1
  20. Punchy New Player

The only consequence of not doing this before the update is that we cannot invite new members, correct? If so, it's worth waiting just for the improved interface... Going through the 1000+ names and figuring out who is active is a ridiculous proposition at this point.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.