Dev Discussion Looking for On Duty Menu Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Sammiford, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

To illustrate the point.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Currently it takes 4 steps and at least (I think there's a 2nd click on step 2 actually) 6 or 7 clicks to queue up for a single instance. More clicks if you're queueing for multiple instances obviously. And there's scrolling to find what you want on step2 also. So.

Btw. note that the DLC name is listed at the top (step2) after you select the instance. So, what you want is already how it is.
  2. Scytthe Well-Known Player

There are 40 episodes atleast 30 raids 30 alerts 20 duos 15 solos, more than 1000 feats related to instances but you want the bare minimum of information.

Im done arguing, the interface and information provided in the UI and on duty menu was already outdated the very first day the game came out, and 10 years after you still want the same outdated interface,I’m done.
  3. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I got to add this one irky issue with the feat menu. When you are in a group and lets say, stomping out Starro for 'Here Starro, Starro, Starro!' and you are trying to see how many you are at, the menu keeps refreshing and you can't see how many you are at because every update sends you back to the top of the list.
    • Like x 2
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

We're not arguing. I'm explaining it in terms that will work for you. You keep complaining you're upset with the outdated UI but your suggestions invoke UI features from 20 years ago where they use to fill up a window with everything and the kitchen sink.

Good UIs are simple and have the least amount of steps to get the most important things done. They don't overwhelm the player. I'm sorry if that upsets you but hat's just how it is.
  5. myandria Item Storage

Well...

This one is quite obvious of why it happens; if you are already in a queue, your character is not available for the other missions you queued for IF they happen to pop while your character is gone. Therefore, the menu should clear you from all other missions so others can have a chance to get in while you are away. It is not fair or even ethical to take up a queue spot while your character is already in another mission.

Also, queuing up multiple missions DOES NOT make them move any faster; in fact, that very tactic can slow things down. For example, if you are waiting for a 4 main raid and it finally gives you the "waiting for others" message then gives you the "member has dropped from queue, searching for another" message, it is more than likely that someone queued up for many missions (one of them would be the same one you are waiting for) and the one that popped for that person was not the one you are waiting to enter in.
    • Like x 2
  6. Vicious Well-Known Player

Just waiting for the Broker feedback thread.
    • Like x 2
  7. Shalayah Committed Player

What would be cool is if there was an option to toggle off instances that were loot locked, but make this a toggle. Like the flip option. Maybe L3 or even a box you could check off at the top of the screen.

Also another suggestion would be to tell us what main styles dropped from each instance. That would be nice as well.

Last suggestion. It would be nice if when you que up multiple instances. After completing one of the instances you had the option to keep the others queue’d up. So you could jump into the next piece of content without having to recheck every box you need.
    • Like x 1
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

All of this. Plus giving a bracketted shortened version of the instance name (e.g. BOPR2 for the second Raid in Birds Of Prey, BOPA1 for the first Alert in Birds Of Prey) would help consolidate the PC vs. PS and EU vs. US naming conventions. I do get a bit tired with looking up what OP 15E is, for instance - since it's not even an Operation :D.
    • Like x 1
  9. kingmasternova Loyal Player

4. Add tabs in the PvP to minimums
    example 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, 5v5, 8v8
    • Like x 1
  10. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I would like it so we could Q'up for all for roles, but I don't think it possible or at lease it might be to much work.
    • Like x 1
  11. Flemix Level 30

Bit late to this party but after going through the thread here's my list.
    Playing on PC, mouse and keyboard.

1. How easy is it to use the On Duty menu?

Basic queueing requires too many clicks.

Make the scroll bar easier to grab, it's annoying fighting to get a hold of it at times.

2. Is all the information you need available?

A list of all related feats and styles to be completed in the instance would be a major blessing.
    Dropping base items.

List online league mates and friends with shortcuts to send them tells and invites.

All instance DLC should be clearly identified to simplify feat hunting.

3. Is there anything that you find helpful/unhelpful when interacting with the menu?

The tabs are sensible and functional.

Keeping the entire tiers tree open makes scrolling up and down a chore.

4. Is there anything you wish the On Duty menu did that it currently does not?

Have it remember our default role(s) so we don't have to select it every single time.

Give flexible options to enter content with a group makeup of our choice.
    Be that our current group only or with a select number of people.
    Being able to request or make optional the presence or absence of a given role would be just great.
    We usually know what we need for a given instance and it isn't always the standard balanced group.
    Only match together people with compatible requirements to avoid surprising players.

Have it remember what else you were queueing for prior to getting into an instance.
    Having to requeue for a large number of instances after every single run gets real old.

Permanently remember collapsed tiers

A Quick queue option for all relevant non loot locked content.
    A save queue preset option would be awesome.

Option to join ongoing instances or not.
    Having it in the game settings is too cumbersome to adjust according to situation.

5. Is there anything the On Duty menu currently does that you wish it didn’t?

The vault should stay up the list when we flip to most recent first.

Everyone in a group should be able to run Vault

People accepting a queue should see highlighted the proper instance(s) being queued for instead of whatever is first on top.

Thank you
    • Like x 2
  12. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

The system should be intuitive enough to know you are queued and while in content it should ghost your que position on other content (or put you at position 999,999,999 and marked as inactive) until you have finished whatever content you are doing to re-apply you to the que (all be it at the back of the current queue and marked as active) so you can continue open world activity until system is ready to put you in a group.
    • Like x 1
  13. Miserable Dedicated Player

That's not displaying the episode name, it's displaying the instance name which in this case happens to contain the episode name. They started prefixing instance names with the episode name in On Duty about 3 years ago, but anything before that will not contain the episode name.
    • Like x 2
  14. myandria Item Storage

I humbly disagree; again, why should the system "wait" for you to return from one mission then queue you in for another when that mission phase could have already been started and completed with the players already waiting? There is a 60 second timer for accepting a mission and the big reason why your idea would not work; if you do not respond within that time period you are taken out of that mission phase and you have to manually queue in again. The important word here is "manually"; you have to let the system know you are ready to phase into another mission. Perhaps the devs decided on this system to help streamline the queue system without using up much server space.

This game has a hard time handling full, active phases; I highly doubt it has the server space to keep players "ghost waiting" in phases they are not physically/actively a part of.
  15. LightningEl_ Level 30

Role Selection
    Okay I have one major feedback. Don't yall think its better to make it so you select the one role your playing instead of both because let me tell you most of the time the people who queue both don't adapt to the group when there suppose to as per design but they don't switch and the group ends up broken right at start. Making the queue system flawed this happens alot

Categories
    Other thing I would say is group the titles of reg and elite content and when selecting it you can choose either reg or elite so its easier on the eyes

Selection
    Hmm another one it would be nice to have an option to select all the content but don't select the ones you have already completed per reset

Active State
    One more if you queue multiple content and went into one completed it come back your multiple queue is gone. You would have to go through the list again and queue them. is there a way to restore it back when exiting the previous content

Information
    All feats for that content should be displayed in the description there somewhere because looking at the feats menu just has a full straight list its hard to filter and go do them going back and forth not knowing whats where. Plus I think it would be quite helpful in informing those who prob never look at the feat menu in the first place because its so out of the way it should be in the inventory menu add a feats tab there for visibility tbh plus displaying it on the content

actually there is alot of things wrong with the feats menu jesus i hate waiting for the text to scroll by to read
    look into this please its kinda huge now thinking about it such a hassle

Just my thoughts

Grouping
    I was gonna say something in terms of grouping idk if this is related but some games let you have your full group but you can also choose to have lets say 4 of you go into a alert real quick and come back for something else without leaving the full group. Especially for leagues this would be a awesome to have while waiting for someone or afk. Oh and co leaders for group so another person can invite and queue great for leagues again
    • Like x 1
  16. LightningEl_ Level 30

Force Queue
    I almost forgot this has been said quite alot some people want to be able to force queue into content without needing a full group to go do feats in older content. This would prob effect queueing and potentially make queues longer but lets ask if your going to do feat run in the first place you would not be looking at the queue system so I think its does have a place
    • Like x 1
  17. Sammiford Developer

Awesome, thank you all for the excellent feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to write your thoughts out for us, it is immensely helpful. Largely the feedback is consistent, which is always great. We'll keep monitoring this thread as time goes on, but we've got plenty to work with now. Please feel free to continue sharing your thoughts and thanks again!
    • Like x 5
  18. Megzilla Developer

Sammiford will be y'alls favorite dev in no time :D
    • Like x 6
  19. zNot Loyal Player

I do like him/her already :) he/she comes across as a very friendly and understanding person.
    Im excited to see the changes to the episode augments.
  20. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

Sorry, I just saw this topic for the first time. I think it would be amazing if the on duty tab could arrange bounty groups. When everyone says yes to the queue, it groups everyone up and ports them all to a spawn point in a singular phase by the bounty in question. It would save time and make bounties a lot more tolerable.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.