Dev Discussion Looking for On Duty Menu Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Sammiford, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurosu New Player

How easy is it to use the On Duty menu?
    Pretty straightforward; there’s different tabs for Events, Challenges, Raids, etc.

Is all the information you need available?
    I wish that it showcased more than what it shows; I’d like to see what kinds of loot to expect in there (at least, the significant ones like styles such as Energy Armor for example). Filters which enable you to only see CR-relevant content for you would be great as well, or just filtering in general (by tier, by loot, etc.).

Is there anything that you find helpful/unhelpful when interacting with the menu?
    Not sure if this answers the question, but when a person is added to a group the entire group shouldn’t be taken out of queue. The person who is added should be the only person that is required to ready up.

Is there anything you wish the On Duty menu did that it currently does not?
    It would be great to get a lobby system, or a feature where we can see people who are also queueing up for the content or how many (incomplete) groups are queued up. That way, a player can look into the On Duty tab, find people “On Duty” (queueing for content) and join that group. It could also have numbers of people in roles, for instance a group could be Group 1 (7/8) - 4 DPS, 1 Troll, 1 Tank (and DPS, Troll, Tank would be the symbols of the roles). It could include Task Force X in there or mid-instance groups who are missing players for good measure.

Is there anything the On Duty menu currently does that you wish it didn’t? No.
  2. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I have no complaints about the on duty menu but.....Deeds, Feats needs a search bar where we can type in the feat to find it. So many episodes and feats, searching the internet to find what episode a feat is from is monotonous. Would just be easier to type it in a search bar in the feats menu.

"What episode was that? Which feat? Let me see if I got it or need it. Wait, you sure it is that episode? Don't see it. let me look it up on google. Can't find where anyone says what episode...."
    • Like x 2
  3. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Is something implemented yet? From all of this...
  4. Owlman Earth 3 Level 30

put a lock on Looking for On Duty for how many roles you can have for a mission example 3 or 4 dps 2 tanks or 2 heal, why is it horrible to find a group that works in missions and only dps dps dps this will force players to play with the other roles of the game so also making life easier for the lone wolfs players
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

I wish me some "Favorite" Tab were I could get all my favorite instances right on spot without having to scroll through all the tiers.
    They can be minimized but that also minimizes that one specific raid/alert I wanna do every week.

When I wanna open On Duty the first Tab shouldnt be event for me but "Favorites" and there I should be able to have all my favorite content to access instantly.
    • Like x 1
  6. KrilTsutsaroth New Player

Add in a real LFG tab
    A place where people can choose to have an open group, that shows each role that is currently in the group, and maybe the CR of each player. For example: "323CR DPS, 320CR DPS, 323CR Heal" etc. This would be a tab on the On-Duty screen itself, maybe the first or last tab. A group leader could choose whether to show their group on said tab. You could add a title such as "LF people for X raid, doing X feat, LF X roles" that way people don't have to spam type feat runs, or what they're searching for so much into LFG. At least not as much as we have to now.

You could simply go to that page, see a group you would like to join, and join said group. Show filled/unfilled slots, etc. I wouldn't allow the group leader to see any more/less than they do now(things like a players gear). CR requirement would still be necessary as you are basically q'ing for the content. Maybe, add an option to set how low or high CR you would like to allow into your group. Though, that may or may not be healthy for the game.

Add a filter so people can pinpoint what content they're looking for, either by tier, or by specific raid/alert/duo. LFG should be shown for both factions, at least for Task Force X content.

Something very similar in mind is the LFG option that Overwatch has. I think this would give people at the bottom, middle, and even top tiers of the game a better chance to get through stuff and get older feats, styles, etc that may have been missed. It would also(hopefully) drop down q times for older content as I'm sure SOMEBODY is going to want to do whatever content you have posted.
    • Like x 1
  7. SuperCorp Level 30

Would be nice when we get quests they state the duty menu 2 player. 4 player etc and the tier.... not all of us can remember the name of a instance and what category its under. I spend forever having to search or use Google to find the answer. Got quest telling me to go to the throne of thorns and I had to look up where it is in the duty menu.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Strictly as an 'on duty' conversation (not groupmaking itself), a few things I'd like to see personally would be the ability to retain a selected set of the same content size after you finish one piece of content. So you select all T7 and T8 raids, you run one and when you get out, all but that one are still selected and queued vs having to go back and re-queue all but the one you already ran. Even if it were still selected, it would still be easier to de-select it vs re selecting whatever else you had checked originally. Roles could still be assigned as well, just need to re 'ready' up.

Another thing would be that if you 'disband' a run, when you come out, the selection is still live, it only clears if you 'finish' the run all the way to the end. So (ran into this last night) if you are doing something like 'funstone crystals' where the complete list will take 20-30 tries if bad luck kicks in, after you get your bad color selection, or proceed to the 2nd half of the mission then disband, the PZ alert is still queued. You'd have to re-ready up perhaps, but you don't need to keep going back to 4 player runs, scroll down, select the run, select your roles, then ready. If you complete the run, it falls off the list and yes...you'd still need to do it.

While not critical or game breaking, one more enhancement which would be nice would be to 'close' certain trees. While reverse sort brings the newest ones to the top, which is nice, sometimes you do like to have something lower that you will run daily or more than once daily and it's NOT at the top/bottom of the list. Bottle duos, ZooE, PanE as well as a few other 'middle' runs are run often and sometimes scrolling down through the chaff is a slight pain.

And of course the ability to 'force queue' or use some sort of adjustable queue would make life 100% better. I know you guys have something in the pipe, but it can't be stated enough how much good that would do for everyone.
  9. L T Devoted Player

It would be great if, right on the on duty menu, you could easily being up a list of feats that can be obtained in the instance you're queued for
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The 2 things that I wish have already been brought up so I’ll say it again just to show my support.

Forcing Ques
    And a way for the game to identify why you CAN que for. As someone else said. People just que for both roles just to get in faster but don’t have any set up to be those roles
  11. Halahiiro Well-Known Player

On Duty works as is, few tweaks would be cool.

Listings, now we have
    Novice Tier 2,
    expert tier 2,
    novice tier 3,
    expert tier 3 ... etc.

from tier 6 onward we have elite raids and alerts and now also elite duo.
    Can we have Elites on their own lists, pretty please.

so it would be
    Expert tier 6
    Elite tier 6
    Expert tier 7
    Elite tier 7 ... etc.

would also be nice if the menu didnt forget what i was qued for, just ready up after 1 instance with the instances i selected.
  12. Allover 6 New Player

i just spent an hour and a half trying to reply to this thread. There's no nice way or easy way go about it. Lots of good ideas in here. I really really hope the developers consider and keep in mind that there's already a lot of ways to single out an inexperienced player and I mean a lot of ways. Or maybe I'm the only one but on duty play is a huge part in enjoying and moving forward. UGH. I'm sorry. Regardless I still enjoy the game. Can I ask questions? Or share my experiences?
  13. Shaolin New Player

is there any way that since we have task force x incorporated in the game that we can inv our villain friends through the on duty tab while forming a group instead of waiting till in the instance in a way
  14. Sprout Robinson Active Player

There's a number of instances where the name of an on-duty mission in your journal does not exactly match the name of the on-duty mission that's actually listed in the on-duty tab, which sometimes just means I have to spend extra time scrolling through the list and reading titles more carefully but on a couple of occasions has meant I had to do some googling on my phone to track it down.

It would be immensely useful also (no idea how much work this would be) if the On-Duty menu has a searchbar, so that you could type in "throne" for example and it'd just pop up as a search result. This would be another way to solve the above-listed problem and would also be very useful for newer players who have trouble keeping "alert" and "raid" straight to be able to quickly search by name rather than having to remember if it's 4-p or 8-p content.
  15. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

Is there a way that a On Duty Daily roulette system can be implement into DCUO much like the one in Final Fantasy XIV Online?

[IMG]

What would Daily roulettes be?

Daily On Duty Roulettes would be a feature for the On duty menu which would allow players to participate in randomized instances that other players might be queued for since there is a decreased player population in older content. This will allow older content to still be played as well as new players or characters will be able to easily queue for and complete instances without having insane wait times.

Various different roulette modes could be added or changed to reflect the changing state of the game.

On Duty Roulette could be divided into several categories:

- Elite Roulette (Must Meet Instance Requirements)
    - Expert 8 player Roulette (The Most Recent 3 Episodes)
    - Expert 4 player Roulette (The Most Recent 3 Episodes)
    - Expert 2 player Roulette (The Most Recent 3 Episodes)
    - 8 player Roulette (All 8 player Instances excluding the most recent 3 episodes as long as player meets minimum CR requirement of instance)
    - 4 player Roulette (All 4 player Instances excluding the most recent 3 episodes as long as player meets minimum CR requirement of instance)
    - 2 player Roulette (All 2 player Instances excluding the most recent 3 episodes as long as player meets minimum CR requirement of instance)
    - Storyline/Leveling Roulette (All Storyline/Leveling player Instances as long as player meets requirements of instance)
    - PVP Legends Roulette (All PVP Legends Instances)
    - PVP Roulette (All PVP Instances)

*Loot Locks will function as normal but players will still receive their daily reward on top of the rewards that would be received from completion of the Instances
    *Players must queue alone for roulettes
    *If players are queuing as support roles, Roulettes would allow one to eight players to queue as a group depending on if the roulette role requirements are met.

*The Daily On Duty Roulette would offer a daily reward that give the players a combination of experience, Cash, Source Marks (PVE), Current Episode Marks (PVE), Renown (PVE), Marks of Legend (PVP) and, Marks of Valor (PVP) depending on the type of duty, your role depending on what is currently needed (PVE) , and the players CR when entering the queue. The type and number of marks available for each roulette would change with each new Episodes.

• Roulettes would reset every day except Elite and Expert Roulette
    • Source Marks are given to players who are at least level 30.
    • End-game Marks rewards are only given to players who meet the minimum CR requirement of those Episodes.
    • The Cash amounts and Renown are based on the Players CR.
    • The "In Need" Bonus is given to the party role (Tank, Healer or DPS) that is most needed for the Instances in that category, but players must queue individually in order to qualify. The bonus stacks with the daily rewards, and is received every time a player completes a roulette while meeting the requirements, even if they have already earned the daily reward are loot locked.
    • Daily PVP Roulette: Gives a fixed amount of Marks ie 500 Marks of Valor and 25 Marks of Legend

Elite places the player into one of the Elite instances that are available for the most recent episode

Daily Rewards: Cash, Source Marks, Current End Game Marks, Renown, Exobyte Cache, Nth Metal Cache

- Expert 8 player Roulette, Expert 4 player Roulette, Expert 2 player Roulette (Must Meet Instance Requirements)

Expert places the player into one of the instances that are part of the most recent 3 episodes
    Daily Rewards: Cash, Source Marks, Current End Game Marks, Exobyte Cache, Nth Metal Cache

- 8 player Roulette, 4 player Roulette, 3 player Roulette (Must Meet Instance Requirements)
    Normal places the player into Random instances that are unlocked by the player
    Daily Rewards: Cash, Source Marks, Exobyte Cache, Nth Metal Cache

- Storyline/Leveling Roulette (All Storyline/Leveling player Instances as long as player meets requirements of instance)
    Storyline/Leveling Places player into Random Storyline/Leveling instances that are unlocked by the player

- PVP Legends Roulette (All PVP Legends Instances) & PVP Roulette (All PVP Instances)
    Places player into the respective PVP instances
    Daily Rewards: Cash, Marks of Legend, Marks of Valor, Exobyte Cache, Nth Metal Cache

I hope all of this made sense and could be something that can be implemented in the game :)
  16. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Would like to see each solo, duo, alerts, and raids broken up not only by tier but by dlc so it's easier to know where to go for feats for each dlc
    • Like x 2
  17. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

Reposting this as I messed up the original post because my device was stuck on dark mode

Is there a way that a On Duty Daily roulette and Sync system can be implement into DCUO much like the one in Final Fantasy XIV Online?

[IMG]

What would Daily roulettes be?

Daily On Duty Roulettes would be a feature for theOn duty menu which would allow players to participate in randomized instances that other players might be queued for since there is a decreased player population in older content. This will allow older content to still be played as well as new players or characters will be able to easily queue for and complete instances without having insane wait times.

Various different roulette modes could be added or changed to reflect the changing state of the game.

On Duty Roulette could be divided into several categories:

- Expert 8 player Roulette (The Most Recent 3 Episodes)
    - Expert 4 player Roulette (The Most Recent 3 Episodes)
    - Expert 2 player Roulette (The Most Recent 3 Episodes)
    - 8 player Roulette (All 8 player Instances excluding the most recent 3 episodes as long as player meets minimum CR requirement of instance)
    - 4 player Roulette (All 4 player Instances excluding the most recent 3 episodes as long as player meets minimum CR requirement of instance)
    - 2 player Roulette (All 2 player Instances excluding the most recent 3 episodes as long as player meets minimum CR requirement of instance)
    - PVP Legends Roulette (All PVP Legends Instances)
    - PVP Roulette (All PVP Instances)

*Loot Locks will function as normal but players will still receive their daily reward on top of the rewards that would be received from completion of the Instances
    *Players must queue alone for roulettes
    *If players are queuing as support roles, Roulettes would allow one to eight players to queue as a group depending on if the roulette role requirements are met.

*The Daily On Duty Roulette would offer a daily reward that give the players a combination of experience, Cash, Source Marks (PVE), Current Episode Marks (PVE), Renown (PVE), Marks of Legend (PVP) and, Marks of Valor (PVP) depending on the type of duty, your role depending on what is currently needed (PVE) , and the players CR when entering the queue. The type and number of marks available for each roulette would change with each new Episodes.

• Roulettes would reset every day except Elite and Expert Roulette
    • Source Marks are given to players who are at least level 30.
    • End-game Marks rewards are only given to players who meet the minimum CR requirement of those Episodes.
    • The Cash amounts and Renown are based on the Players CR.
    • The "In Need" Bonus is given to the party role (Tank, Healer or DPS) that is most needed for the Instances in that category, but players must queue individually in order to qualify. The bonus stacks with the daily rewards, and is received every time a player completes a roulette while meeting the requirements, even if they have already earned the daily reward are loot locked.
    • Daily PVP Roulette: Gives a fixed amount of Marks ie 500 Marks of Valor and 25 Marks of Legend

Elite places the player into one of the Elite instances that are available for the most recent episode

Daily Rewards: Cash, Source Marks, Current End Game Marks, Renown, Exobyte Cache, Nth Metal Cache

- Expert 8 player Roulette, Expert 4 player Roulette, Expert 2 player Roulette (Must Meet Instance Requirements)
    Expert places the player into one of the instances that are part of the most recent 3 episodes
    Daily Rewards: Cash, Source Marks, Current End Game Marks, Exobyte Cache, Nth Metal Cache

- 8 player Roulette, 4 player Roulette, 3 player Roulette (Must Meet Instance Requirements)
    Normal places the player into Random instances that are unlocked by the player

Storyline/Leveling Places player into Random Storyline/Leveling instances that are unlocked by the player

- PVP Legends Roulette (All PVP Legends Instances) & PVP Roulette (All PVP Instances)
    Places player into the respective PVP instances
    Daily Rewards: Cash, Marks of Legend, Marks of Valor, Exobyte Cache, Nth Metal Cache

What is the SYNC System?

A "syncing" system could be placed on old content, which would be a selection on the queue screen right under the role selection tab in which you could chose to run it "Synced" or "Un-Synced" with your current gear and stats. "Syncing" would basically stat clamp the players stats to the "Max CR" for that content (ie. CR 70 for the Expert FOS raids). and they would be paired with players that are either between the Minimum CR and the "Max CR" or others that have opted to select the "Sync" option. Players who have selected the "Un-sync" option will be paired with everyone, who has decided to queue as "Un-Synced" including players that meet the minimum CR requirement who have chose to run "Un-Synced" as well.

*Players who decide to run the content "Synced" will receive full marks

*Players who are above the"Max CR" and decide to run the content "Un-Synced' will only receive half the marks
    *Max CR would be similar to how after a certain CR in current game we stop receiving the marks

I hope all of this made sense and could be something that can be implemented in the game

Would love to hear everyones thoughts on it! :)
  18. Critical Massacre Committed Player

A FAVORITES queue per group. So if there are several missions I need to queue up then I just hit queue favorites and they all queue up with out having to do it individually. Also once something queues it’d be nice if all the other things that didn’t queue stayed queued. I have so many incomplete missions because there’s a specific mission I need queued up and every character I have has different missions they need to complete. So once I go through my whole mission tab trying to see what I need to complete I then queue them up. Then one queues and I’m stuck doing it all over again. Most of the time I just quit bothering to do it so I can just play the game.
  19. InvisibleInk Active Player

"Is all the information you need available?
    "
    No. I need to know what feats are available, which feats I've obtained, what styles it drops and at what rarity, as well as what peices it drops. I need to know what investigations, briefings, and collections are available and my progress on them.
    Right, its a game with a HUGE focus on achievement hunting and collecting things. The status of that should be available at a glance in line with the content selection.
  20. SuperCorp Level 30

Would be nice to be able to Que up for on-duty quests from the quest menu. Like double clicking on it or something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.