Dev Discussion Looking for On Duty Menu Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Sammiford, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

What I dislike about the On Duty menu is that when you level up and something new is added the On Duty menu will be what you automatically go to when you open the menu tabs.... that is fine, but then no matter what you sidescroll to after that, example your Inventory, you still get put back into the On Duty tab every time after you open the tabs again.
    • Like x 2
  2. N-IX Well-Known Player

as others have requested, revamping the menu interface a bit would be refreshing (font, color, ......), being able to access the oldest content solo would be a big plus and is inevitable to keep new players, happy that you will rework this one, hoping that the other menus follow :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Wildcat Committed Player

Its possible for the team to do something with legends pvp/pve menu?

Instead of having 5 Batmans can we have just one and some options like skins menu or skins list we can chose?

(same with Wonder Woman and more...) thanks! ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. N-IX Well-Known Player

yes as in many games we select the legend and after its outfit :) very good idea :) :) :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Vulpar Well-Known Player

I asked my sister, who is VERY new to the game (around CR 40 iirc) what she thinks as I don't think you'll get much in the way of newbie feedback. She said:
    -The layout isn't user friendly. She really doesn't like the layout.
    -There are way too many steps when queuing for stuff. One or two steps, not five.

My response:
    -Force queue
    -Rework tiers
    -Vault could be moved to event or something
    -Vault can currently only be run by group leader if you're in a group. I think everyone in the group should be able to run the vault.
    • Like x 3
  6. Berza Committed Player

One thing that hasn't been mentioned before I think is the CR shown in the On Duty menu. It always shows the equipped CR, instead of the effective one. It would be better if we can see our real CR because you may easily think that the shown CR is the one that counts for the relevance window. Specifically for new players.
    • Like x 2
  7. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Not only that but it also SUCKS to get bounced out an OP BOUNTY SPAM PHASE when coming out of VAULT or stabilizers.. Almost makes you have to pick and choose should i go do ON DUTY MISSIONS or should i stay with this OP PHASE.. Anyway to circumvent this?

Yes allow us to QUEUE SOLOS VAULTS DUOS ONLY when in GROUPS!
    • Like x 1
  8. Parse New Player

An idea i got from a friend of mine was to implement a way where we can see who doesn’t press x after everyone has queued. Some people like to either troll or constantly go afk in raid groups. It gets frustrating not being able to see who it is and that can sometimes destroy groups. Been in a few myself. It would be easier if we could know who, so that we can replace the person.
  9. IonHero Committed Player

Things I would like:
    • [Force queue.]
    • Ability to queue for each instance individually,( select which role you would like for each instance separately)
    • When leaving an instance, either already be queued up for content you queued but didn't play. or have a button to quickly queue for.
    • Quick option to queue for relevant content,(things that will give you source marks)
      • +Quick option to queue for content that you are not loot locked for.
    • Ability to choose roles in the queue up section (like 1 box for DPS, 1 box for support role, maybe 1 box for either.) instead of the larger screen option that shows roles you can't even play as. Or at least the option to change to this system for more experienced players
    • Ability to "invite" players to a queue from the opposite faction.
    • For PVP a way to see if people are queued up. (Basically seeing if the instance has people ready to play against.)
    • Like x 2
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

-Display the icon of the secondary role in our friends list (or all players?)
    - The "Task Force" message displayed during the game is too imposing!
    - The messages inviting us to go to the game's shop to buy x thing, intolerable, even, possibly frightening!

Other point of the game which would be good to improve and that I will allow myself to evoke it here, the part "restoration of the characters":

Keep temporarily the characters at level -30 it could remain there, for example, 3 or 6 months and then, to be removed definitively the time to pass if no restoration to carry out by there, this would relieve the potentially long lists and especially the pseudos.

Add more precision on the character: the mentor and the SP, because for my part, I wanted to restore a character, but impossible to remember the good character, I remember only the mentor for this one...

Thank you for your understanding!
    • Like x 1
  11. Tygerfyre Committed Player

• Change the tree so that the highest content you can play is on top, not on the bottom. This would help players of all tiers, since the first thing you **always** have to do is scroll to the bottom if you are trying to play at-relevance content.
    • Have it remember which tier tree's we collapsed, and make that persistent, even across sessions. This could happen with or without the reversed sort order mentioned above.
    • If you queue up for multiple raids or multiple alerts, the game removes you from the queue for the other instances of that type once you get in one. So you can get one raid, one alert, one duo, and one solo, without requeuing, but not 2 alerts. I'd like to see it leave you in the queue, or automatically requeue once you exit your instance. So if I queue up all Tier 8 alerts for example, it will keep them queued until I've played them all.
    • Like x 3
  12. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

you can sort the menu to the highst is on top if you at ps4 just press L3 :)
    • Like x 2
  13. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

1. It is not horrible to use. It does have its nuances here and there like when being queued and people join and leave the group causing the queued players to have to re-queue the instance. It is aa adequate layout that separates the content and easy to understand.

2. No. There needs to be a few more items added to make it worthwhile for players. I'll explain below:

a. Feat menu: there can be a button we can press like (triangle), *Ps4* user here, and it will pop up an overlaying window that lists all the feats associated with that selected instance. For example, a T6 duo 'Port of Paradise', press triangle and the window will display the feats: 'No Port in This Storm' 'Don't go Ballistic' and the associated style feat that drops in there like the Soldier Set 'Amazon Grace'. This will allow easy access to the feats inside so we don't get lost in the crazy feat menu that lists everything.

b. Base items. Once upon a time the base items only dropped in their specific dlc. Now they drop over a small range like Halls of Power base items drop in Amazon Fury pt 1. This will help us locate the content in which to gather such base items.

c. Type of Marks for dlc. This is for old content as we may have left over marks that aren't spent. If there can be a short phrase that says 'Original Marks: Marks of Fury', then we know the marks are tied to that content.

d. Dlc Names for instances. With regards to 'c', the Port of Paradise duo may be listed as T6, but doesn't tell you what dlc it is listed under. Same for openworld content. Maybe also add that Gotham Under Siege is the Open World for this as a reminder.

e. How many bosses are in the content. This may seem trivial but it may help those out who like to plan ahead. Same would go with the layout of the instance for how the progression is advanced. Is the instance like Happiness Home and takes place in the same room? Is it like an Operation where you teleport at least once, twice, three times?... although many may not know that from the title itself. Is it like Love and War where two bosses share the same room? Or is it a monologue instance like Ace Chemicals to where we hear more dialogue than what it takes to beat it? Okay, that last one was for laughs... hehe.

3. I like how it is broken down between the number of players required. That does help sort out the instances. I guess I'm just used to it so that's all I got for that question.

4. I have a few things below:

a. Move the Vault to the Events Tab and anyone can queue it in a group instead of group leader only.

b. Continue with the extra daily mark that stopped at T3, the symbol next to the instance's name on the left side.

c. Insert a new filter layer on top side of screen to select which tier we want. So when we enter the On Duty tab, we can scroll over using L1 and R1 and then either press X or arrow Down to a horizonal list which has General - Tier 1 - Tier 2 - etc and then either press X or arrow Down and now we will only see the Tier 6 instances when we use L1 and R1 until changed. This would help eliminate the needless scrolling down a long list of instances.

If it can be redesigned and the tier filter is put in place, the lower left spot could be used to display additional info such as open world location spot, double marks going on, how many bosses, etc, and stuff mentioned in 2.e.

d. Separate all the Elite content to its own tab. Or as a different option, when selecting the instance, a message pops up if you want the regular or elite version of that instance. Doing this will help get rid of half the list from T8 onwards. If it has an elite version, a text can be added in the description indicating it has an elite version available.

e. Redesign the left/middle side of the On Duty menu so all the words/text is available to read and not 'Star Labs Research Faci...'. The menu could be widened to include the text, but those are just some options as the ellipsis annoys me. And yes, the text does scroll but not helpful in my opinion.

5. Elite content. But I addressed that above. I would have to say the Enter Queue Box that pops up when everyone is ready to being ninja invited to an instance. Could there be an option that could let that notification be on the side of our HUD so if we are in combat we won't be tricked into hitting X as part of our power rotation? It could go above our Chat Box so it would clearly be seen both with and without a menu being present.
    • Like x 1
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’m not sure if this extends beyond the scope of this query but it would go a long way towards minimizing a popular complaint if there was text that popped up with the box informing people of the role they’ll need to be playing. Too many people queue up for support roles and then just stay DPS. I suppose they’re hoping someone else will switch first. Obviously there will be times when multiple people queue for a particular support amd even if the system arbitrarily just picks one, they can sort it out and switch if they want once in the raid. But this way people can’t play dumb and act like they didn’t know they were supposed to he tanking, healing, trolling, etc.

Personally I rarely blind queue and tend to run with premade groups where everybody already knows exactly what’s expected, so this isn’t a personal desire. But this is a pretty common complaint around the community and here on the forums. Plus while as I said I rarely blind queue (usually in the last hour before weekly reset if I forgot to run something) This issue does happen a high percentage of the time and that only makes me really feel for those who rely a lot more heavily on the blind queue system than I do.
    • Like x 2
  15. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I forgot one:

• Make the role selection persist and/or make it automatic based on current role. If I select troll+DPS, leave that selection on until I choose something else. Why make people pick every time they queue up, when most of the time this is the same selection?
    • Like x 2
  16. Tygerfyre Committed Player

PC has a button for it too. I stand corrected. Still, defaulting the other way would simplify things for most, especially since such settings tend to get reset every so often.
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Sober of these may have been mentioned but:

When you are looking for many instances, have the on duty menus remember which ones you had selected (and possibly roles selected) when you go into an insurance. I wouldn't fully que them up when you get out, to give the player a chance to empty their inventory (for example), but keeping them selected would save time.

Along the same lines, i would maybe also go back a step in the other sections of the on duty menu. Currently, it you are queued for raids, alerts, and duos (for example), you will remain queued and ready for duos and alerts of you get pulled into a raid (while the raid list gets completely reset and you have to select everything again). So what can happen is as soon as you are out of the raid, you get a ready confirmation for a duo or alert. That 60s (minutes load time) might not be enough to take care of a few things between instances. This admittedly isn't a big deal, but maybe that becomes an option you could toggle, remain ready or need a ready confirmation for other queued instances after finishing an instance.

Currently, if you aren't the group leader, there's a decent chance that you accidentally reset the wrong instance if you are free running something. For raids, it's usually either Kandaq or the first raid in the highest tier. This is because the menu always (or at least much of the time) selects the first thing in the list. It works be nice if the on duty menu automatically selected the/an insurance that the group leader queued for. This is admittedly mostly a one time mistake, but it does catch several people at least once, and if you are in a hurry it can catch someone a few times. I think I've done this once, now avoid the instances that you could accidentally reset, and usually reset inside the instance, but I've heard a few league mates reset the wrong instance.

For force queuing instances with less than the normal number of players (less than 8 for a raid as an example), I'd suggest evaluating instances for the minimum number of players need. Kandaq needs 3-4 people to close the pools (certain pets may be able to keep the ads busy while 3 people turn cogs), inner sanctum needs 4 people to turn cogs at the same time, etc. Either mention that in the description, provide a warning when trying to que with less, or disable queuing with less than that. Fos2 is possible to solo, but I believe currently takes warping to rally at least 6 times. Nexus is possible to solo, but it can be difficult to defeat the two robots near the end at the same time by yourself.

One other suggestion for force queuing I've seen is to populate the remainder of the group with friendly NPCs, which could be an option. If that option is on, you wouldn't need the warning about parts in the instance that require a certain number of players.
    • Like x 1
  18. Healing Juice Active Player

What would be really nice, is if it showed you what feats you're missing inside of a certain mission when you go to select a mission :)
    • Like x 4
  19. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Add a search function to every UI.
    - Inventory
    - Style
    - On Duty
    - Marketplace
    - Feats
    - Collections
    - Briefs

But yeah obviously this is about the on duty so yes, add a search function because with the amount of content we have this will be the fastest way to navigate. Add keywords, acronyms, and tiers if possible.
    • Like x 5
  20. Scytthe Well-Known Player

Cant agree more the UI in this game is Very frustrating and outdated.

The feats UI needs a serious rework aswell, once entering any instance in the game we should have all feats for the instance listed in a menu, we shouldn’t have to open the feat menu every single time, especially when you try to buy styles in the broker this is super tedious.

We should aswell be able to pin desired feats on our screen.

Let’s say I’m doing a feat where I have to kill 50 specific enemies, we should able to pin the feat and the progression should stay on the right of the screen like the quests progression.

In the on duty menu, every instance 1, 2,4, 8 players should say from which dlc they are part. Of.

Add a new tab for feats where we could add feats as favourite/tracked feats, and let us pin from 1 to 3 feats on our screen so we don’t lose track of them and can easily follow our progression
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.