Dev Discussion Looking for On Duty Menu Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Sammiford, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Older content soloable yet?
  2. RedMamba14 Level 30

Would it be possible to add an "ignore completed" button?
  3. farm3rb0b Committed Player

How easy is it to use the On Duty menu?
    As someone coming back to the game from a significant hiatus, my friends and I have found the UI here a little frustrating. We remember how to use it, know how to queue, know to select our role, know to click ready. I'm not sure if all of that would be true for a brand new player.

The amount of available instances has made this quite clunky. I'm not saying to reduce content, but there's too much in the On Duty menu that just slams you in the face right now in terms of content options.
    Is all the information you need available?
    Yes.

Is there anything that you find helpful/unhelpful when interacting with the menu?
    Huge list of instances. This is going to be a recurring theme. :( It takes longer to scroll through that list than any other part of queuing.

It's not easy to see at a glance what I could queue for in my CR relevancy range. I have to guess at what Tier I might be in, then I have to click on the instance name and read the center text to see where my CR falls for loot/marks. I'd like to know at a higher level. I've seen people mention color-coding that. You already disable what's too high, maybe a greyish tone on tiers/instances lower than your range as well so you see what you won't get marks for.

Is there anything you wish the On Duty menu did that it currently does not?
    Chalk me up as another tally mark for the "force queue" idea I've seen others post. Maybe a slider somewhere - wait for full/start now. Reason being that if you start now, you should only pick one instance, while waiting for full should maintain the option to select multiple.

Any options for sorting/filtering the list of instances. I understand there can be arguments for both sides of the tier 1 at the top vs highest tier at the top debate. Having to collapse/scroll through that list all the time as you progress is doable, but definitely tedious. Bonus points if Episode Name was a filter option to help with feat hunting.

Dynamic for non-group leaders. As in, if I'm the group leader and I'm deciding what to queue for, I need to see everything. If I'm just readying as a group member, it would be really cool if it just showed me the instances queued for by default. Maybe a, everything collapsed except those checked? I know that's some annoying extra logic, but if possible, might be a huge bonus QoL upgrade.

Is there anything the On Duty menu currently does that you wish it didn’t?
    Expands everything by default.
  4. Staggiie Level 30

USPC, play with an Xbox One USB controller

1.) How easy is it to use the On Duty menu?Once you learn it, it's okay. But when I was a new player (July 2020), I really didn't know that you had to pick roles 1st then Ready Up. Maybe just add some text, even just a 1 time thing, to let players know.

2.) Is all the information you need available?Mostly.

3.) Is there anything that you find helpful/unhelpful when interacting with the menu?Nothing is unhelpful. If anything, MORE info would be great.

4.) Is there anything you wish the On Duty menu did that it currently does not?I would like to see a menu on each instance listing all loot that can possibly drop; styles, collections, rare pets. etc. Perhaps even their percentage of drop rate as well.

A separate tab for Elite content would be awesome. There's been times I've accidentally qued up reg when I meant for Elite, and Elite when I meant for reg.

BIG TIME would love the ability to que into things with a lesser number of people. If I wanna solo a really old raid that won't pop after waiting for hours, then I think we should be able to enter the instance regardless of a lesser group size.

I dunno if it would be way too hand-holdy, but touching on the instances mechanics in the info could help because SO MANY people are clueless. But might not even matter if they don't even read it. Just a thought I had. Nvm, way too hand-holdy lol

5.) Is there anything the On Duty menu currently does that you wish it didn’t?Sorting/collapsing tier lists doesn't save and must be re-done everytime.
    Sometimes it just kinda freezes(?) on the instance column (the 1st one) and wont let me move over to the My Status column. Again I use controller on PC. I'm sure mouse users don't have this issue. I have to completely back out of the On-Duty menu and go back in.
  5. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

Question on new queue systems... Let's say people are queued for specific non end game content but not all roles are filled and they've been waiting a long time. Can the quickplay system offer a bonus reward to roles to help fill the spot? I'm thinking more of solo people queuing for stuff where LFG is not a practical solution.
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

One thing I'd like to understand about the on duty menu, and on PC, why do we have to open the menu every time via F1, when we can open the menu directly from the Y key?
  7. PupHunter New Player

1.) To bring up interface. Easy. To find a group. Difficult. Long wait times which kinda lock you out of doing some other tasks while waiting.
    2.) No. Missions which require a set On duty assignment and are also on the events tab is kinda confusing as the event version doesn't progress the mission. This is not clear and it should be. Example World of Flashpoint: Queens Row Penitentary Event will not complete the mission given to complete this on duty assignement, you HAVE to do the 2 player TIER 10 assignment. Half the time we are given this mission on a character who is no where near the requirement to actually do the Tier 10 version, meaning the mission just clutters the list unless hidden.
    3.) Needs a search feature. Too many missions to look for one specific one assigned by a contact.
    4.) Allows and adjusts for different size groups. I play with 2 friends and we can never do a 2 player together and finding a 4th often takes for ever, restricting us on utilizing the on duty feature in any meaningful way. It would be nice to adjust difficulty up for 3 players in a normally 2 player assignment or down for 3 in a four (as an example)
    5.) Ask for roles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.