Long Live the legion feedback/ general content feedback. When will Bounty grind stop?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Nov 16, 2020.

1. zNot Loyal Player

People didnt quit the game because of a raid stop accusing a raid for being responsable for that. Second of all if people did quit due to the higher difficulty then you may need to know that there was only one difficulty for the raid if you didnt even realize this then you havent properly thinked about why that has happened and as someone else said earlier if you go back a few posts me and someone else were talking origin crisis no need to say the exact same thing again, i said the concept of pardox was good i dont think you really know what im trying to say when talking about that raid and its also hard to understand someone that doesnt provide another perspective or feedback about this topic other then complaining about feedback.
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Again you guys didnt even play those raids it seems like if you did you would know that it had only ONE difficulty for paradox and nexus if it had a normal and a elite version this would not have happened,so its useless to talk bad about paradox it was a amazing raid and there is no question about that.
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Ofcourse a raid alone wont carry a whole DLC but to me the raids are 80% of a episode why?
    Because i and many others would be spending most of our times in the raid during a Episode and raids are the most difficulty part of a episode.
    And SM is a boring tank and spank fight with no real concept,even if the difficulty gets higher a simple damage increase isnt making it Fun. Elite raids feel like a adventure rather then SM where you are in the same room and fight 20 different bosses i find that to be so difficult to enjoy.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

They 100% did quit because of the content and its difficulty, that's a widely known fact. It may not have in every case been the singular cause but it was certainly a contributing factor and shouldn't be dismissed.

Lots of us here on the forums in particular are veteran players, we've been around the entire 10 years, so it's probably best not to just assume "we didn't play the game", we've all been there done that, seen what impacts content and difficulty has on the game.

We've all been through the numerous changes, given we're still here, we've seen the failures and the successes, in many regards Paradox was a great raid but its misplaced to put it on a pedastal and proclaim it to be the pinnacle of excellence.

Also your ideas, with due respect, aren't new ideas, in fact numerous have been tried and done before and they haven't resulted in this magical utopia of DCUO perfection you're striving for although I appreicate your passion, I really do.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I agree with you, the raids are a storyline driven adventure and that's an important thing to want, but so is the rest of the DLC for that matter. In order to have a successful DLC you want all your content to be meaningful not just raids.

You keep saying as well "I and many others" you can't actually speak for others, there's equally so "many others" that don't even raid but still play this game for other content, it is for that reason I keep reiterating to you that you cannot spend all your focus as developers on developing raids because it results in disappointing or not delivering content for a swathe of your audience, it's about balance.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting they don't do their best to develop great raids I'm telling you to be realistic, it seems your suggesting, because I've seen it typed elsewhere that they should just get rid of open world and focus on raids, that would be a terrible mistake for example and lends to the point I'm trying to make to you.

As for difficulty the point of SM isn't to provide you with a story, it's to provide you with a challenge that exceeds those you can expect in other content for the various reasons outlined in this thread, because the reality is elite content is always going to end up being too hard for some, just right for some and luicrously easy for others, that's the same for every single video game in existence.
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

A proper Elite Raid would be like this to me,

That has deadly mechanics and requieres quick acting and reacting lets say adds spawn and the Tank has to pull them very quick otherwise they would hit the group

If the group has to enter a protection ring to protect themselves from a devastating boss Attack.

If Bosses need to be split between 2 Tanks due to high difficulty (example,dark sides war factory elite,happines home Elite) i think Elite raids should be designed for 2 Tanks not one.

If the group has to work together to bring a object to its designed position.(power core had such challenge)

Multiple Deadly mechanics that would kill any roll (also the Tank) if the player doesnt move away from it (ultimate soldier elite had multiple mechanics like this) or if a player of any roll doesnt block the skull attack he should get punished for that (phonix cannon elite first boss had such deadly mechanics)

Having the option to increase difficulty further this would not work on all Raids since it needs sub-bosses but im sure would be really good to have the raid longterm popular i mean when was a easy raid ever popular? People want a challenge its clear even those that arent the best skilled ones feel underwhelmed at times by simple Raids.

Metal Part 1 was probably the best DLC when it comes to Raids that i played since the last few years especially since the Elite raids had proper difficulty in them so as you can see the devs can/know how to make stuff hard but if feedback like this comes where people try to talk other opinions down even IF they agree with him makes not much sense and confuses the devs especially if those players have no feedback/improvment for Elite raids but rather ignore them and demand a SM that is a boring boss fight.

Im not a big fan of SM this game was at its peak 2012 ish and the raids were difficult back then (tier2-3) but it had a novice version aswell as a expert version so everyone could enjoy such raids and complaining about Paradox isnt logical that had only One difficulty whoever did Paradox did a very good job im sure the outcome of that DLC would be completly different if it had 2 difficulty versions and i hope nobody will come and try to talk paradox bad since that dlc ontop of that had other issues with the gear dropps which you said yourself a few posts earlier that have nothing to do with the difficulty of the Raid.
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

I didnt say they should remove open world but they dont need to be big/fancy looking thats a luxury and should not be priority a re-used openworld map isnt a big deal the instance based content is what matters or are the majority of the players just logging on to stare at the openworld? I doubt that.

And no people 100% did not quit for The difficulty alone that episode had other bugs and issues and if they did quit due to difficulty then that shows how important raids are in a episode which basically proofs my whole feedback that im trying to give. Now i dont really care much about story in Raids i like the challenge aspect of it and SM is longterm not fun i know plenty of people that complained back then about SM being boring i play this game for episodes so do most that pay membership the content aka Raids mainly (solos,alerts etc are good already) in the Episodes should be improved to get more people to buy episodes/membership.

I mean do you think easy content is fun for endgame players ,Stuff that is considered the hardest Content getting bored so quickly? Now you may think a SM would be a good addition to those players but its simply not the same feeling like a Raid where the devs put more time and effort into compared to SM.

But what ideas do you have? We only talk about mine i would like to know things what you wanna see in Elite raids its easy to critize opinions without (not talking about you personally) having own suggestions for the devs this way there will never be a improvment in this topic and doesnt surprise me that others have failed with feedback due to the community talking logical and smart ideas down without providing and other possibilitys and demand a simple change „SM“ whats the point of me buying a episode then?
  8. Proxystar #Perception

It definitely had to do with the difficulty of paradox, it's just unlike perhaps a few others I acknowledge it's a contributor and not a singular factor, people quit for rafts of reasons, understanding why, what all those factors are, which ones actually weighed the most on their decision to quit is always helpful.

Appreciate your answer with regard to elite content, I don't necessarily disagree with any of it. For me though one thing I incredibly detest in this game are cheap one shots, I just think they're lazy mechanics, that probably goes for skull attacks too, because that's what I see them as,although I appreciate they're easy to include to test a players observance. Obviously avoiding such an attack goes without saying and it's at times ludicrous how many of us ignore them and are caught by them repeatedly.

With that being said Paradox didn't have skull attacks but had similar attacks, none of which were really one shots but you learned to deal with them, take Ravager for example he would do three incredibly large swipes at the tank, one didn't kill you but if you didn't block the subsequent ones would. These sorts of things are probably in my mind are better than skull attacks because you're warning the player something is coming without something quite as blunt as a glaring skull on the screen, but it has the same effect and impact.

I assume you're a tank player and I'm actually one as well and I agree with you I would like to see more content that involves multiple tanking GOME was anothed example actually of how they forced this a little or TODE, more things like that would also be great.

I'm not sure I'm quite on the same page with regard to adds, I think that's already happening to an extent, but personally I find fights with copious adds to be annoying, I just find it a little of a cheap tactic to overwhelm the tank where you can challenge a tank using other mechanics.involving the boss, such as combat mechanic compliance.

I actually hate nothing more than "kite tanking" it just feels like you're playing like a spineless weakling rather than a tank whose true purpose is to suck up all that damage, not run away while dragging it all around in a circle, which is what the current add system is like, which has been happening a bit too often. Look at COTE for example or SGE to an extent, lots of add kiting, the fact we're just dragging adds around while spamming chronos is kind of tragic.

The biggest thing I hate as well are overlapping mechanics, nothing irks me more than being stuck in a ball, controlled then having an aura stuck around my body, then having a flying laser beam spin around the room and then have a skull attack all go off at once :D, that's not skill at that point, that's RNG.

Again I appreciate the chat, I think you get a bit misunderstood in your passion a little, which is understandble it's great you've got a great passion for the game and for raiding I don't by any means intend to discourage that passion and again been a good talk. ;)

Edit; I probably answered your second post above here as well, so won't add a response to that one.
  9. zNot Loyal Player

I also agree cheap one shots shouldnt be in elite raids that come randomly clocktower elite first boss had such thing that is pure RNG and has nothing to do with skill on the other hand if its a one shot with a skull attack or a bodymove to recognize such attack would be ideal.

Also yes the ravager in Paradox had to be face tanked why? Because the Tank trapped him in the pillar or to avoid the ravager to run into the group the Tank is the shield and the protector of the group he should be the one being in risk of dying not the DPS. Tanks had to face tank him the way it should be i dont know any mmo i played where kiting is even possible but in DC its such a large game changer that it should get adressed by the devs.

i absolutly agree that kiting is horrible for Tanks and should be removed as best as possible from elite raids the Tank is there to tank the Boss and ignoring most of the incoming damage by basically running away from the Boss takes skill away and doesnt respect the work the devs did for that raid old raids used to be Face tanked and were much more fun because if you did a mistake as Tank you would recieve large amount of damage but if you kite you would just avoid so many attacks.

Now i personally like the idea of many adds and is a indeed easy way to make things harder but if thats the only option apart from the mechanics devs can do then its better then nothing right? if we look at throne of the dead elite the first boss with those adds needed the Tank to really do hes job correctly and that was fun having to survive dangerous adds is fun. I feel excited and enjoy such dangerous moments. And i really enjoy if a elite raid needs 2 Tanks same as you,this will increase the difficulty automatically for Tanks since if one of the Tanks does a mistake its over and this is more exciting then a boring solo Tank fight. Its true that tanks kite those adds but they cant do it in the current elite raid thankfully since the attacks are ranged from the emerald eyes,ideally they shouldnt be stunnable to avoid cheap tactics (stuns) to make fights easyier then they were supposed to be. The Tanks should be able to survive and deal with large amount of incoming damage if he cant do it he shouldnt be a Tank, hes not there to Kite.

The current heavy kiting tank meta that has been going on for a long time,And i havent talked much about it but im against it ofcourse and yes i play as a tank and its good to know that other Tanks notice these things too.
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

Players quit tge T5 raids because of difficulty AND tge devs purposely left pieces of gear out. People was resetting everyday and the same 2-3 pieces were missing for everyone. This was the content right after the start of replays. The T5 raid is also the start of combat changes. Imo, that is the worse time in DC history
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Other issues led to people quitting and then some left because there was only one difficulty for nexus and paradox but the raid designs and
    difficulty was very very well made from a Elite content perspective,It just needed a normal/easyier version not just one difficulty ofcourse good players were happy but the ones that arent that good couldnt enjoy the raids. This means the Raids were fine difficulty wise it just as i said needed a alternative/easyier version. Whoever did Nexus and paradox back then especially paradox seriously good work.

But this has nothing to do with me saying its a great dlc / raid because it simple is one its easyily the favorite dlc of most people i know. You cant compare origin crisis with other episodes all episodes that had major issues made people quit. im not saying its you but some others need to stop pushing the major other big issues of that dlc to the raids they were the best part of that dlc and no matter what dlc if a current dlc would have issues then origin crisis had back then it would be same result. It has nothing to do with the Raid design etc they did in origin crisis it was such a great job but failed on other bugs and only one difficulty version for the raid,nowadays we have two difficulty version of raids elite and normal so this issue wont happen again.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Like this?
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Correction: That would be Hands of Fate. ;)
  14. GoldenBrownDragonFire Well-Known Player

The price for elite weapons are way too high as others have expressed, it takes too long to farm for both currencies especially since there's only two alert raids I'm not even trying with my alts. I just don't have the time
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So what does everyone do while doing bounties? I've got extra time tonight so have already done 5 rotations. My phone is about to die from watching that australian dudes vids, been playing 1 handed for awhile. Grim quislet fury putting in overtime
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Also, this crystal drop rate is just beyond terrible. Not a single one in the 5 rotations. Definitely not bothering with both roles for my main or alts getting any bounties in on this dlc. I'm just really hoping this was the worst of the covid impact on the game. 0 desire to stay subbed if the next dlc is similar. Wv was better by a large margin, even with the bounty setup. At least the dailies coincided with a rotation
  17. zNot Loyal Player

I fully agree im expecting either a removal or only one bounty boss in the next episode if not i will not re-subb im trying to spend my time on the forums to make this possible and to provide enough feedback/ideas and i hope we can have episodes that are more focused on multiple interesting Raids with good length and other instance based content and not so much on openworld.
  18. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I hear ya. I cant even muster up the energy in running all of my alts to try for them. last week or so I posted I had gotten six of them from the mission and two drops afterwards. I have ran my main and three alts since then and nothing.
    • Like x 1
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

When it rains it pours huh?? 6 or 7 rotations today, finally got one on last run. I'm not against them, we've had 100 counter bounties before and that's fine. Tie a 2nd currency in, fine too. Raise the rewards and make 1 rotation a daily, keep the 75 or 100 counters. This is just giant overkill. It's a meme really. Like here's a really great idea, now here's how we ruin it. These as a daily would more than made up for lack of solo or 2nd raid. People would still do extras but at least we could dual role or bring up our alts of different powers/ roles which in turn helps keep the instance content popping. Plus imagine playing on switch or xbox for these? My lord, I'd probably run from the game
    • Like x 1
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i agree with you on this.

i liked the Wonderverse pricing. far more fair. After unlocking the discount I was able to get a couple of other weapons I've been wanting to practice with. I know eventually we get multiple blue and purple weapon boxes as drops but it isnt the same. It was nice...so much so that I decided to go back to handblasters.

The first thing I got from LLL was the weapon and I'm regretting my choice. Again...eventually i'll get a second one (the one I should have went with at half price) but that has to go on the back burner in favor of getting all the r and d components I need for the mask and the rings (at this point i also got the neck).

barring scoring an old OP piece as a drop from RNG at the start of a new dlc this is actually the fastest Ive come to finishing an OP item so soon after a new dlc. If I were an in game billionaire I could prolly have it done in a day or so...