Long Live the legion feedback/ general content feedback. When will Bounty grind stop?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Proxystar #Perception

For sure, yet I also know people that haven't done those on any accounts/toons because they refuse to farm them yet, they'll go out and farm the new bounty feats like it's candy at Halloween :p
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Of course, for a number of us that's the case but you'd be surprised how many people do care, and a lot, about aesthetics, they're the same players ultimately that spend time dressing up, role playing and immersing themselves in the escapism of DC Universe, there numbers are actually quite large ;)

In fact, they actually make up the bulk of the player base, the elite end game community is not as large as it likes to make out :)
    • Like x 3
  3. zNot Loyal Player

4. zNot Loyal Player

Yes 2 raids should be the minimum per episode with one of them being long one.

I dont agree with earth 3 dlc and birds of prey they arent good in my opinion. But age of justice was good and atlantis but titans was just ok only the Hive raid was good and worth the dlc id say.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, well if it wasn't given away with the CR skips, I know people who wouldn't have the Toyman 100 done either....something you can do in 5-6 min a day for 33 days....yet they will grind out the 100 bounties in 5....so there's logic for ya!

I guess it's my perception of time spent on this game. I can't see putting 10 hours in a day for 5 days, but 10 min over 30 days? Sure. I guess I'm just assuming I'll be in for a bit for every day (not sure the last day I missed at least getting in for a few min), so tacking on 10 min to my minimum is not a lot. I almost never look at being on for 10 hours anymore (not like the old days where that was every sat/sun), so that seems completely unreasonable. I'll tell you one thing...if I were back in the day where I was running 10-12 hours a day some days, I can guarantee it was not doing the same thing for 30 min over and over...it was running raids or doing PvP or grinding out some different feats. The singlemindedness of doing the one thing is what I think offends me the most. I'm trying to avoid it this go-round, but it's hard to fight off a 2nd or 3rd pass on the bounties once you hit a good phase.

Seriously, I find myself rushing to clear my missions and do whatever gear/inventory cleanup I need to do after Val is dead so that I don't stick around to see the Cosmic boy warning....once I see that come up...."well, maybe one more rotation"....I'm doomed. Last night I just queued up the stabilizer run so that I'd pop out of phase and not go back in when I returned. I swear I have no self control on some of these things.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Why no solo or duo....the Pandemic. Seems people want to just ignore how much of an impact the Pandemic has had on everything. The fact that they have to work from home instead of the offices that were specifically set up for the work they do has had quite the considerable effect. Not being able to work in their offices means everything takes longer. Combine that with the need to put out content to meet consumer demand...something was bound to give somewhere.

While they technically could have re-used assets to "quickly" throw something together, they clearly didn't have the time under the current constraints. It's also likely they were trying to avoid the number one loud complaint around here...the rehashing of things. Hell, I forget which thread it was, but someone actually had the gall to claim this this episode was all rehashed in their list of complaints about this episode (and I think some agreed with him). There's just no winning no matter what they do. Plus after several years of people asking for them to bring back Elite Alerts, something wasn't going to make it. Despite what some people think, making an Elite alert or extra raid or rehashed duo isn't just a matter of tweaking a couple of numbers and presto, more content.
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

I think the best would be if we get per episode a Long raid like power core

other raid like (small map) paradox but where the difficulty could be adjusted higher if people want to take out all sidebosses etc.

one openworldboss

plus a duo and one solo i think this would satisfy basically everyone and is the golden middle (with some re-using of maps) i think this is absolutly achievable.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You're reading those statistics wrong. Yeah, people are running more bounties than they are the raid right now...because they have the "gotta do it now or we won't be able to finish anything later" mentality, not because they prefer it. These threads are proving that.
    • Like x 3
  9. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Yawn! The pandemic caused delays but they have the blueprint to create more content. The lack of content is NOT due to the pandemic! A designer can't design at home? Work remotely? Bounties are a way for players to get elite gear without completing Elite content. Gear is the #1 goal in MMOs. <--$$$ maker!
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you want it harder than that...just queue in. ;)
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Khalon, I don’t doubt there have been people asking for open world bosses - but not at the expense of raids. It’s a very niche request and clearly from the feedback I read in game - not a popular one. I don’t know one person out of several dozen in my league who is happy about the amount of grinding needed to get all the feats for open world, or about going down to one raid. This configuration is also very alt-unfriendly, although to give the devs some credit, at least the open world weekly doesn’t involve your alt having to do all the following steps this time round a) find a viable phase b) get in the phase c) look at the real world clock (lol) d) grind for half an hour e) hope and pray Hydra is defeated or else start again. At least steps c), d) and e) have been eliminated.

I can’t accept your point about people wanting a way to earn cosmetics. Extra cosmetics have been added to the vendor throughout the life of each of the past, what. 8 DLCs, often accompanied by a bonus marks event. Often account bound. Often tradeable. I wholeheartedly reject the idea that this secondary currency scheme is a thoughtful way to give us new ways to earn cosmetics that would not otherwise have been introduced to the game.

This whole system is about trying to find ways to keep people playing for longer. That is clearly a metric they are interested in (they have mentioned it before on at least two occasions). But that last DLC’s grind has put a lot of these people off in the long run. And after 9 years some mastermind has decided that we aren’t that bothered about raids. Realty? Come on. There has to be a better balance between quality and game time, in any industry where you’re interested in creating experiences for people, the experiences have to be of good quality, you can’t serve up filler, and the gruel has become very thin.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Considering that the Elite Alert is a daily and on top of that is generally cheaper to reset than a raid, they probably aren't inclined to adjust the renown. Yes, the Elite Alert is more difficult, but nowhere near the level of difficulty of an Elite raid (I recently finished an Elite alert and only realized it was Elite because when I did I noticed nobody was picking me up and realized why. That group made it feel that easy). Just a thought on that.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

People are kind of funny in what they actually like, so it's hard to be that sure that they would actually like that. Especially since i've seen plenty wanting quicker content. As for people returning, people have left for way to wide of a variety of reasons. Sure, people who left very recently might return, but others who left for other reasons (the slow death of PvP, Loot Boxes, lack of major graphical overhauls, stagnancy in membership benefits) probably wouldn't be wowed over by what you feel would make things better.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

I know that the game has other issues but im just talking about the episodes. And people that quit for pvp already did it years ago so thats a old story. And some even have returned and play pve.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Their data showed them that Alerts were the real sweet spot in terms of player participation. Raids happen to be their bigger money maker in terms of replays, and tends to be faster for players who want to rush through vendor gear acquisition.
  16. zNot Loyal Player

What about duos vs alerts? Duos take less time to create.

So one Duo one solo 2 raids per episode with one openworldboss bounty sounds pretty good to me.

One raid being long (like power core) and other one being in a small map (like paradox).
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

In actuality they have said that all content takes them roughly the same amount of time to create. So a in a case of a duo vs an alert, it's still more or less the same work. So when working under the previous structure (Open World {which counted as two since you had the dailies as well as weekly stuff/bounties}, Solo or Duo, Alert, Raids) it always came up as 6 pieces of content. Just because you dislike open world stuff or others prefer large group content, doesn't make anything else any less content.

And you keep bringing up Power Core but completely ignore the fact that they made that during their long production period, where they weren't under the same time crunch that they were afterwards.
  18. zNot Loyal Player

So one alert,one solo and 2 raids (one being very long) and a openworldboss but just 1. this would satisfy almost everyone.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Your position in regards to the elite difficulty is exactly that a difficulty setting issue, in terms of feeling rewarding I believe it should reward more renown, there should never be an elite boss that doesn't reward renown like is case presently in the alert (1st boss) even the current raid has been changed to reward 200, 200, 600 that's a massive increase even in raid renown btw (although you could argue we're a raid down I guess) but still I'm failing to see the issue with rewarding a little more in the alert regardless of whether it's daily or not. That's why the suggestion I made in the development thread was actually 25/50 because I'm entirely conscious of not wanting to undermine the importance of the raid ;)
  20. Proxystar #Perception

You obviously missed last episodes solo.