Long Live the legion feedback/ general content feedback. When will Bounty grind stop?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Nov 16, 2020.

1. zNot Loyal Player

So a side question, when will the Bounty episodes finally end?

1.I and many others are tired of Bountys why not make it just 1 bounty boss instead of 4-5 and focus the rest of the time in other things? You can still keep the system this way but have more time for the episode itself.

2. We need multiple large long raids per episode for example why cant we have raids like we had in Tier 2 / Tier 3 ? Why are we getting these short simple raids? Its just boring! Khandaq or the batcave Tier 2 raids and other Tier 3 raids are better and more fun then the current ones and they are around decade old. The tier 5 raids (nexus and paradox) were probably the best ones i played in this game. Making such great raids will benefit this game much more and will have a large impact on getting players that quit back into the game.

3. Elite raids should have something what paradox had where people could adjust the difficulty themselves (making it harder) by taking all sidebosses out at once and get increased rewards for doing it the harder way.

4. The open world areas are very big and fancy looking i dont think this is needed at all why not use (modify slightly etc) older openworld maps and save alot of time then use the rest of the time into making more 8player-4player-2player etc instance based content? Im not gonna play a dlc because of the open world and many others the same but because of their instance content and the longer , interesting etc (especially the raids) are the more i and many others would be interested in playing the game. I feel like the openworld aestethics etc got more love then the raid and alert did. Shouldnt it be the opposite way?
    Also Elite alerts should be in each episode they are great. And give people some renown that cant do the raid.

5. Give some small amount of currency (or the chance for a seal of presevation to drop) for people so they can run raids and get something small back instead of nothing without using replays for those that wanna enjoy the raid but arent able to reset it.

Summary. focusing making pure instances based episodes,I would love to have this i pay membership for the instances especially Raids not the openworld. I and many others started playing this game when it was about raids and so on not bountys. People want to play dc but the episodes arent enjoyable to me and many many others alot have already quit due to this Bounty stuff and im sure more will stop.
    • Like x 6
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

just to play devils advocate for a moment whats the difference between running a raid where you fight a bunch of ads, then a boss, then a few more ads, then another boss, then a few more ads, then a final boss versus running the bounties? you get marks, you get some drops, you get some useless drops, rinse, repeat. The only ral difference is you aren't in a "dungeon" and fighting ads inbetween boss fights is optional or part of your open world dailies...plus you don't have to reset anything (unless you want to redo the weekly mission). Most raids take less time to finish than it does to do one rotation of the bounties. Theres no scoreboard to chase. You get a little progression no matter what whether its feat counters or accumulating the secondary marks. Currently the best way to farm food for the new OP mask is by running the bounties.

if theres an issue its the "b" word once again (balance not *itch). the game tends to go overboard in one direction or another. time to pull it back and focus on something else. Bring out a new wave of infinite bounties next year...
    • Like x 3
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

The line “I’m not gonna play a dlc because of the open world” just about sums it up.

I don’t know anyone who wants large, expansive open worlds with an obligation to kill hundreds and hundreds of open world bosses to earn sufficient currency to complete feats rather than raids and raid feats.

What exactly is the gaming experience the devs are hoping to achieve by requiring us to gain 1000s and 1000s of a dedicated open world boss currency? Why is the currency capped at 999? It’s clear I disagree with this DLC model, but usually when I disagree with something I can at least see what the intention was. It seems like all they care about is pushing us into playing longer, and if that gameplay is boring, tedious and frustrating, that’s a secondary consideration.
    • Like x 3
  4. Monkeyboy Committed Player

The problem with bounties are the way it's implemented. It kills solo play. Use LFG or Shout you say...PHASE FULL! Dailies, you say? 10 minutes and they're done. No solo or duo. Now with time travel story lines, why can't they just use existing content(like they do anyway) and tune it up to current CR and integrate that into the DLC story, many different possibilities? Bounties take away options and force players to not have options. It's killing the population base to experiment on what will work in their next MMO they're working on.
  5. Wildcat Committed Player

mate, whats your problem with bounties?
    you are getting 4 pieces of gear (almost for free) in about 15 mins and you can do it again and again for the whole day/week/month?

:eek:
    • Like x 1
  6. Brit Loyal Player

For me, the difference is mechanics.

When I run a raid, I get an 8 man group. We have to follow fight mechanics. We have to do our jobs right. There has to be communication and teamwork in order to win. There is a chance of failure if people in the group underperform, even if you yourself are doing everything right.

When I run the bounty spam, nothing matters. We can ignore mechanics. We don't have to be effective. We can just right click repeatedly while watching TV. If we die, it doesn't matter. If we're contributing hardly anything, it doesn't matter (as long as we dropped an orbital at the beginning to get minimum credit). If people are there AFK in the middle of the fight, it doesn't matter. It's a 30-50 person dogpile where the only challenge is managing to phase into that maxed out shard.

The bounties require no skill, communication, coordination, mechanics, or effort. They only require a boatload of other players.

So I find them exceptionally boring. They essentially cannot be failed if you have enough players. And if you are doing everything flawlessly, but you're running with your regular 8 man raid group... well, you actually CAN fail that way, because you don't have enough random schmoes to add to the dogpile.
    • Like x 9
  7. Wildcat Committed Player

statistics says people prefer to do bounties instead of raids, hope we can get more of them in the future ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Because on-duty content rewards currency to buy vendor gear, where bounties you need not 1 but 2 currency, and since this bounty spam fiasco started the main currency has been impossible to get unless you sale your soul for reset or buy your own.

Point is before the bounty spam we had 1 currency a DLC and it made getting gear easy without needing to buy replays.
    • Like x 4
  9. zNot Loyal Player

They arent free they also cost Episode specific marks aswell as hours of grinding.

I said they can keep the bounty system if they really want to but reduce the amount of openworld bosses to 1 so the ones that wanna do them can do it this way but the devs have also much more time to work on The instance based content, the time they put into making 4-5 bosses and therefor limiting the instance based content (8-4-2- player content) isnt good at all.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Are you getting gear over 310 CR? I have yet to see a drop on a toon that is 310+. Granted you get a shot at the crystal shard then, but as of now I need the salvage for a lot of leg mods more than I need the crystals for the 1 set of OP goggles I'll be looking to upgrade (just to get the feat). And BTW....it's not 'about 15 min'. It's 30. Even if you get the first set done in 15, while spending the other 15 doing your dailies, once those are done, it's 30 min whether you kill them in 1 min each like Cosmic...or take the full 7 like Validus. They are timed....so it's set in digital stone.

Oh, then there's the added fun of the fact you can't try and leave phase during the downtime to hit vault, go to base, jump to league hall to do something, or hit the broker/bank in WT.....cause you might not be able to get back into phase.
    • Like x 7
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

2 things, its nowhere near free, and not 15 minutes, try 30. Because even if you kill bounties quickly your waiting 3-5 minutes like patchwork bounties.
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yea let's see your data
    • Like x 6
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd say adding to the boredom is the fact you kind of get forced into spamming at least a few rotations. As when you find a decent phase/group, you really should stay there as tomorrow you might not get one... or you do get a good group but then can't phase. We all know we want to complete the feats which will require at least 75 rotations, with the currency items meaning more like 200 rotations (if done on 1 toon only), so '1 a day' or '1 a week' choice is not really there, as it would be with a solo/duo/alert/raid or normal bounty. Even if you count multiple runs split across multiple toons, a solo/duo/alert/raid done as a DPS or Healer, Troll or Tank is a very different run the 2nd time. These bounty spams are not really any different no matter what role you are playing other than the fact your repair costs might be less as Tank I guess. Add it all up, and yeah....snooze fest.

I will say that you can't really do the 'ignore and click' method. An orbital is not enough to register you the credit (I tested that theory already). However it does not take much more. 30-40 seconds of activity seems to be enough to get minimum credit, so yeah I see lots of people diving in...whacking away at the boss for a bit, then dropping. I'm guilty of it myself a few times as if I go down and do not get up, I won't flee till the boss is gone for fear of the PS4 'warp to' crash issue...which is still happening, although not as bad as in WV.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have a feeling he's just going off the fact that for now the bounties are being hit hard. Either that or he surveyed himself....

"We find that 1 out of 1 people polled enjoyed the new bounty system" - Wildcat survey systems official poll results.
    • Like x 9
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

What I been doing if it's just in a big phase, on validus I wont fight the 1st 4, I'll wait for validus to come up lol
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Well I know for a fact at least 5 on these forums dislike the bounty spamming. Guess that trumps his data lol
  17. Wildcat Committed Player

[IMG]:D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

There is a developer overall feedback thread. They might not respond in it, but they DO read it.
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Looks like you litteraly just made this yourself that explains why it took you so long to reply.
    • Like x 1
  20. Yaiba Committed Player

If you want elite raids harder, try run it with LFG :)
    • Like x 1