Let the backlash begin...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLoneLantern, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This theory intrigues me....I like the Mother Box marks...:D
    • Like x 1
  2. Little Sister New Player

Lightning Strikes.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Good luck with 3 & 5...might as well get me a box of popcorn as well.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Marks of Momentum? Don't find much in the way of player complaints regarding the marks change there. I did a little research, but there was nowhere near the outcry we have here. Was the gear the best that was offered at the time?
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Could prove to make DLC10 useless towards the future like DLC8 is right now.(other than skill points of course) Unless there is something else going on with the trilogies that prevents you from skipping 1 part. :eek:
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

No it wasnt. It was T2.5 gear, and Fos was out at the time. Marks of Momentum was unique to its time, simply because it was new and had an iconic trinket that is still used by many today.
    • Like x 1
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

Are they waiting for enough people to complain before they explain what the deal is ? Tired of this sh*t.
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That was what I suspected. Completely different scenario from this one since this is the best gear attainable. As far as I know, changing the marks system for the best gear is unprecedented within the same tier.
  9. The Doctor Loyal Player

Isn't the Fury cap still 100 marks? I mean I know that it sucks to have a hundred worthless marks but that really isn't a huge number. Your lock boxes you've been saving should still give you a little jump start. This just doesn't seem like a big deal.
  10. TheLoneLantern New Player

If this is unintended, it will get fixed.

If this is intended, then this thread will highlight how bad of an idea this was, and will persuade the devs to go back to MoF for DLC10.

I remember when the price for armories was first revealed. The public backlash caused them to lower the prices. A similar backlash will force them to revert back to the original system.
    • Like x 3
  11. Little Sister New Player

Not the gear set, but the Trinkets, Rings, Necks, Faces and Weapons were the best at the time.

EDIT: Thinking back, maybe it was just the weapons.
  12. Omega Boy Committed Player

Definitely trinkets. Weapons were the same as FOS3 when it finally came out? Rings, neck, & face were the same, I think?

Edit: no you're right. Weapons were better in Central City because of the affinities.
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Mark of Momentum wasn't a mark change. At that point in the game, T3 was the highest tier, each tier has its own mark, and each tier was a fairly long grind. So the new mark was within expectations.

The controversial part of Lightning Strikes was the CR lockout. That was right around the time CR was first introduced into the game. At the time, CR 53 was a pretty high barrier to entry.
    • Like x 1
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

If this is gonna happen, then Devs, please consider bringing back MoK, MoW, MoR and so on and let us downgrade them ourselves at a vendor. They were good for new players to determine which gear they actually can effort to buy.
    The billions-of-MoT-system only makes them wonder how the heck they should get their 30k MoT for a piece of armor.
    A new Lvl 30 Player looks at the Atlantean Monarch armor and sais to himself "well, 30k MoT...Toyman gives 3 MoT per day so that should be quiet possible in the next few years..."
    • Like x 2
  15. Twilight Man New Player

Thanks for the screen shot, very informative.

Side note: Im really enjoying the Destiny beta.
  16. Tre Day New Player

So, um, it's just a name change?

Hmm...

I'm...just going to leave it at that...because I'm tempting to go get a fire hose.

Man, the forums...I tell ya.
    • Like x 1
  17. iSmashly New Player

I don't see the issue. So you're going to have to run the content to get the gear. Is that the issue here? Or that you wasted replays capping in fury? No backlash from me I still wish they didn't change everything to triumph.
  18. Omega Boy Committed Player

The problem is that it makes the marks earned from the current DLC useless.
  19. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I just arraived home and logged into the test server. Amazon fury gear (amazon strategos) is still using MoF, while Halls of Power (instect colonist) is using MoP. I guess that is related to the trilogies, so each one uses their own currency. Forums will burn :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

MoM introduced the first weapons with affinitys, as well as the legendary CC trinket. At its time when first introduced, it had the strongest weapons available to purchase in the game even up until vengence and Dawn came around, those 113 weapons were THE weapons to have.

However with this new DLC its just a changeover of marks, everything is unattuned and we put our own affinities on weapons now. So i guess we will have to wait for a dev to explain why the change in marks from fury to power.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.