Let the backlash begin...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLoneLantern, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

It's just going to add more confusion .
  2. HL Revamp New Player

Maybe read the post you quote next time.

Plans change, sure, and it's good to give people a break where it's due. This is not one of those cases. This isn't "hey boss, I know I said I'd have XYZ done today, but my kid broke his arm on the swing at school." This was completely in their hands and they tried to sneak it on over the weekend on the eve of the new DLC without notice.

It's the evil/idiot dichotomy. Either a misstatement was knowingly made, and the speaker is therefore a liar, ergo - evil. Or, a statement was made and held up as something that would be true which did not turn out to be so, in that case the speaker's competence and reliability comes into question - ergo, the speaker is an idiot.
    • Like x 4
  3. SuperiorMouse New Player

amen.
  4. Amneyosis New Player

I'd feel better if they'd let us get marks of power from amazon fury considering their in the same (blank word) tier that just made af1 so irrelevant
  5. xRI0Tx Well-Known Player

I already posted this in the thread created by Mepps, but it seems there are far too many people in this one that really don't understand what is happening..

If I understand this correctly, the addition of new marks is to create meaningful progression by slowing that process down. This is also to offset the overflow of content that would be in T6 collectively across 4 DLCs.

Good intentions. Flawed execution.

With each DLC having it's own unique mark you are essentially isolating the most current DLC as the only relavent end game content. This creates a number of issues.

1. Less relavent content - While there would be a lot of content across all 4 DLC, each one individually gives us less than any other tier. This gives us far less content to run that is directly linked to our current progression.

2. Removes variety of content to run for progression - AF1 was a painful one for me, I enjoy raids and large group content. This next DLC is awesome for me but I'm sure it will alienate people who enjoy solos and small group content. WoL2 is on track to be small group again, even though it will have at least one raid it will still be incredibly painful to have so little group content that works towards progression. Essentially you will just be taking turns pissing off players at both ends of the spectrum.

3. Essentially eliminates tiers - If each new DLC will always contain the best gear, and there is no universal mark connecting them we are basically moving to a new tier each DLC. If fury does nothing to help me buy my next set of gear, it may as well be T7. I couldn't buy strategos with marks of reality and the stat increase was even smaller than we are seeing in this new content.

Basically if none if this content has linked progression than it is pretty much as follows
    DLC 10 - T6
    DLC 11 - T7
    DLC 12 - T8
    DLC 13 - T9

I the only common theme between them is the general level of difficulty than the tier is meaningless. It should all collectively help with progression. Instead it will be back to square 1 every single time a DLC is released. This makes gearing up far more meaningless because your gear will be obsolete every three months and you won't even have a head start on earning the new gear.

Possible solutions

- Add more vender styles as a mark sink like in previous tiers. If this means adding a couple new styles every DLC then so be it. At least it will give the content replay value. I lost count of all the times I reset gates just to work at finishing all 4 styles. As it sits once I finish the feats and the first initial style I have absolutely no reason to ever spend a replay badge on that content again. All my feats are complete in AF1. Never again will I spend badges on that content.

- Fine tune the mark increase as the DLCs are released. I know this was stated as not being an option, but I you scale the cost of gear parralel to the amount of content there is to run in that tier then there shouldn't be an issue. Yes this means more actual time will be required to meet those goals but at least people will have some variety In what they want to run.

- Do nothing. Remove the MoP and make a universal mark for all T6 content and just let it play out. This method has worked for years. Don't fix what's not broken..
    • Like x 3
  6. Amneyosis New Player

Just have a half off sale on replays and I'll be a happy camper again if not imma cry and whine in the forums til this mark fiasco is fixed.
    • Like x 1
  7. DG-MOD-04 New Player

Going to lock this up and ask that all posts on the Marks of Power topic please be redirected and posted to the main thread on the issue just to keep down the issue of cross-posting, which splits the discussion up and makes things harder to keep track of. The main thread can be found here: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/update-marks-of-power.214853/

Thank you, in the meantime, for sharing your constructive feedback, everyone!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.