Lernaea’s Amulet Etiquette?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Joybird, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Joybird Committed Player

I had a strange situation today where a dps with Learnae’s Amulet was completely draining my power trying to heal him. Eventually, I asked him to take it off, but he ignored me. I ended up needing to change specs in order to keep him alive.

In a situation like this, what is the etiquette? Am I expected to just accept it? Should he take it off? Should I let him kill himself?
  2. Isif Committed Player

Let them die and place on ignore. Eventually, they'll get the hint.:)
    • Like x 3
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

As said above.

Generally, when I heal regular content, I battle heal, which is more than sufficient to keep the team alive. If someone wants to use amulet, they get no extra special treatment. I'm not breaking my fingers to keep them alive, they can either learn to mitigate, remove it, die, cry, or any combination of the mentioned choices.

In elite content, any DPS worth his/her stuff, will not use amulet in the first place.
    • Like x 3
  4. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Generally speaking, competent DPS will learn to not overtly rely on the healer to keep themselves alive. Now if they're running Amulet without a finisher, that's a whole different story. Remember DPS are easily replaceable compared to support roles, so ignore or give them the boot.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Let him die. Odds are he doesn't know what the artifacts even does or he doesn't know how to use it. Only way they learn is to let them take a knee. Just pretend they aren't there.
    • Like x 5
  6. Shaz DCUO New Player

I never have problems healing amulet users, it's easy especially with our artifacts. Why are you guys having issues? Maybe you're spec'd wrong or your loadout needs adjusting. If you just let ppl die and just ignore them without trying then you might need to switch roles and do something else because healing isn't for you.. js..
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Because like was said above there are some people that equip artifacts without reading what they do and there are some people that don't use LA properly.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shaz DCUO New Player

There's no wrong way to use Amulet, people want the max amount of might from it which I understand because I use Amulet myself and stay alive no problem. What's your sp I might ask and artifacts at? I still think the problem is within the healer.. everyone I know that heals has NO problem healing
    elite alerts and raids with Amulet users. If you can't heal a simple Amulet user then you might want to switch roles, I can't see you healing a rage or fire tank if you can't heal amulet.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shaz DCUO New Player

So instead of doing the 1 job you're meant to do, you let them die? Lol yea the problem is definitely you
    • Like x 2
  10. Deathmike Devoted Player

How is a rage tank harder to heal than a Lernaea dps, when a rage tank can survive without a healer in most, maybe even all content?:confused: (haven't been fire recently so I won't comment on that, but I'd imagine it's roughly the same case)

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 4
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

they can heal them selves by casting a finisher so if they arent managing their own health if they get too low let them die
    • Like x 2
  12. Shaz DCUO New Player

No dps will use Amulet in elite? That's cap lol. Idk what type of groups you guys running with but I guarantee you that healing Amulet isn't a problem idk why you can't heal a simple Amulet, to me it sounds like you're just lazy and just want to play around and bs
    • Like x 2
  13. Shaz DCUO New Player

Their health is constantly fluctuating and getting hit by bosses for 200k - 500k hits while an amulet users take damage of like 40k to 50k lol which sounds Harder?
    • Like x 1
  14. Shaz DCUO New Player

I somewhat agree but that's your only job, keep everyone alive lol if you battle healing or just doing bs instead of keeping everyone alive you getting kicked. Even EoG spammers have no problem healing amulet users. Problem is definitely the healing.
    • Like x 1
  15. Shaz DCUO New Player

Managing our own health? As a healer That's your job lmao. If a healer goes down then yea
    • Like x 1
  16. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Hmm. New player, and you're replying to every comment...

No, it's not "hard" to heal amulet, but it creates unnecessary work for the healer, who's primary focus is the tank, then the group.
    In elite content, running the amulet, is one person's attempt to chase the scoreboard. Those people are the ones that usually get kicked before the first boss.

In elite, a might DPS will have some various combinations, maybe full pets with transformation, maybe strategist and scrap/EoG swapping with transformation, but not an amulet.
    • Like x 3
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm guessing you are new to the forum (oh geez, I was right). So assuming that we don't know to spec, only shows your level of acceptable knowledge to the rest of us. Thanks for trying.
    • Like x 2
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

no the finisher gives you all your health back say what ever you want but its the players job to know how their stuff works and a person using that artifact can easily heal them self if they get put in a bad spot health wise if they dont that on them. Its the healers job to keep the whole group alive and they cant do that when a dps is being greedy and running them out of power so that they cant heal the group when everyone needs it.
    • Like x 5
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Do you know what a priority heal is? If a DPS constantly has the lowest HP in a raid, priority heals go to them, instead of the tank. If the tank dies - the group wipes. Larnea's Amulet is my favorite artifact, but it takes some experience to know when you can push it to the limit and when you shouldn't use it. I'd never expect a healer, especially in a PUG to be my personal nurse, so that I can top the score-card. If the healer can pull it off - great. But if not - it's my fault if I overreach and die as a result.
    • Like x 6
  20. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Uh no. What’s the quote I’m looking for…searching…searching…ah ha found it! Ah ehm… “You Can’t Heal Stupid”. And also, your post is complete ignorance. It really hurt trying to read it.
    • Like x 9