Lernaea’s Amulet Etiquette?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Joybird, Mar 7, 2023.

1. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I use amulet on the adds during elite, but I have my finisher in my load out to save myself. I don't use it during elite boss fights because I don't want to take up all the priority heals. I have seen other dps use it, but not very often since healers in elite just spam EOG anyway.
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Using as intended while ignoring the mechanics of resetting the stacks to not have high sustained damage ticks. Ignoring the core mechanic of the artifact to chase this magic scoreboard that has no impact on the game after the content is done. But sure.. they are using it how it was intended lol
    • Like x 3
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Standing in lava to melee Neron - "as intended".
    Comboing instead of blocking a 1-shot - "as intended".
    SS-ing ahead of the tank to get to the adds first - "as intended".
    Swapping artifacts instead of dodging - "as intended".
    Dropping orbitals on Terra in HIVE Reborn - "as intended".
    Burning Tyrant in Paradox Wave as fast as possible during an EO attempt - "as intended".

And so on, and so forth...
    • Like x 1
  4. TheEnquirer Active Player

So as the healer and the amulet dps I have a couple things to say.

Firstly, it just depends on the group.. Full stop. If you are pugging, you should already know to lower your expectations. If you want to pug AND run content (usually Elite), you either need to a) let the healer(s) know, and not wait for them to figure out when you die on hallways ads, or b) be prepared to swap artifacts to accommodate the group.

From what I've seen, most players DO NOT know how to use Amulet. Just last night we had two Healers in ROE E, the Gadgets Amulet DPS (arguably the most power hungry/damaging) died to ads from a one shot. I know this because I got hit by the same one shot. Guess what he says next? "UHM, WHERE ARE THE HEALS?" We then proceed to first boss, and not only do they constantly keep their health bar at 40%, but they make no efforts to do ANYTHING to avoid mitigating further damage. Someone else breaks out next to them from the trap? Oh well, they're dead in a split second. Ads come out and tickle them while passing by? Dead again. Faust teleports and breathes in their direction? Well... You get where I'm going with this. And guess what, he got outdpsed by a Munitions DPS by 30 mill. His excuse? Oh well, I just switched back to Might.

Usually in raids there are mechanics (ads, dots, teleports, AOEs) any of which will EASILY take care of the rest of that diminished health. Why would you want to play at or near half health for most of the raid, knowing that anything could knock you out, you are stealing heals from the tank and everyone else, forcing the healer to adjust their playstyle and SC output, and for what? A marginal increase on the SCOREBOARD? HUH? Make. It. Make. Sense. And let me tell you, I can count on one hand how many times I've seen an Amulet DPS on top of the scoreboard in Elite. To anyone saying "oh well, you just don't run with the top of the crop." Please re-read what I said about the marginal output that you are chasing. It is not necessary for Elite or Elite Plus.

I will be scrapping my Amulet come next double XP. The consistency is all over the place, the output is marginal, and the stress is just not worth it.
    • Like x 4
  5. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I actually like using amulet in alerts with no healer to heal myself. Also useful in open world bosses as a villain to heal myself when just a bunch of heroes are around.
  6. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Don’t forget making strawman arguments as “intended”.
  7. TheEnquirer Active Player

Of course, it does work in those casual situations. I just think the whole point of L'amulet is that it's not meant to be casual in any non-solo content. It's an artifact to "squeeze" out damage. You're (not you specifically) essentially saying "I understand the drawbacks to myself and/or my team and I have prepared accordingly and hope the reward will be worth it." Which in most cases... It just plain isn't.
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

They're not arguments. Just examples of mechanics intentionally implemented in the game, which I can abuse to "maximize muh damage", while expecting the healer/tank/the group to save me from consequences. Maybe I can pull them off, but if I don't - everyone will know who's fault it is. Same thing as using the Amulet, without mitigating my own damage.
  9. Dene Devoted Player

Literally one of the first things my healing mentor told me years ago LOL
    • Like x 2
  10. Baelor New Player

I use LA in any content (solo, omni, elite) and I never had issues with healers. I actually believe my survivability increased since equiping it. However, I use a finisher in my rotation. I love this artifact because it provides a new mechanic: health management (similarly to power management). It's perfect for people who like more complicated playstyles.

In harder content where there is guaranteed damage or mechanics that are easy to mess up and punishment is damage, I will always ensure my health is topped off by casting my finisher whenever it's not on cooldown and try to time it in right situations (e.g. right after unblockable damage).

I don't claim to be "top dps" but I think I do OK and LA has definitely improved both my damage and enjoyment of the game.

And guys, don't ever use it without including a finisher in your rotation. You might think that 30% might increases your damage but you'll just be dead and dead dps does no damage.
    • Like x 3
  11. DarkGodArkahn Level 30

Tbh that artifact is dam near just as useless, as every trashman type in general the point here is that with. Lernae and this a must know, that in order to use that art usefully (Lernae) (Trans) (Lamort) 80+ all 3 must be above that and your finisher must always be placed in the melee button spot, either melee button spot for consoles and always remember after using your other abilities immediately. Use your finisher in most cases for my me on my sorcery finisher builds alt all his allies are Nubia just for the heal on damage 1st passive, BMWL finisher buff 6+ Cyborg maxed out and i never need any healer to heal me because i can out heal most healers i play with well self heal plus my finisher almost never on cd. Thanks to my (Lamort) plus the damage increase that it provides with trans do crazy numbers everytime i use my finishers on that alt never went below top 3 on leaderboard, and almost no deaths most raids i ran in that alt it was originally created for cosplay purpose and to fit that character theme but ended up playing on him consistently especially in elite content healer never had to worry about my. Lamort because i could always self heal and for anyone thinking it's because your Lernae 120+ the main reason as to why you get the full health back on finisher naw i purposely let that art stayed at 80 for almost 2 full months, and used a 100 lamort and always got the full health back plus you couldn't say the trans played apart in that because the trans was at rank 30 on that alt for those 2 full months but either way the point here is that the art is useless without. Lamort and with it for me in every elite i ran never needed to be revived because i constantly watched my health bar the mechs plus moved around and always had top 3 leaderboard DPS. Plus never used SC's at all dc for them tbh but the few times i did used them gave me the number 1 spot on leaderboard but idc about that longs as i had top 3 DPS i was ok, only 2x i dropped below top 3 because older raids plus that alt have low sp i have multiple alts so i usually use the replay for extra sp on my older alts few of them. Recently touched 200s while 2 500s but either if you at least gonna use that useless art find a build to make it work like i did and enjoy it