Legends Characters Tier List

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by CrazyArtBrown, Dec 25, 2014.

1. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Let's see a video then, or at least an outline of the moves and powers to string together. I don't chase after claims I can't verify. There's a long parade of knocked-out Batmen behind me being happy Bane & Wonder Woman belong in the top tier.
  2. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

I also play as Bane, and I recognize his abilities. I have also played wonder woman (only in Amazon Fury solo) and she is also very good but I have put out more damage with Batman because of the speed and power of his abilities. Again, I wish I could have a vid but I am limited in that resource
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Batman is one of the most balanced characters in the game. He seems top tier due to the artificial buff from CC.
    He has mediocre burst damage, and mediocre counter punishment which is considerably lower then people of the top tier.

You must have ran with really crappy players if you can out DPS them. His damage does not compare at all to those of WW, Lex, Bane or Two-Face. Huntress can hit the same as Batman if not more.
    Completely and utterly priceless. There is no special clipping to batman, there is MA combo > Power, there is no special finisher to be clipped, no jump cancelling, no power clipping.
    All you have to do is spam Combos > Stickybomb or his 4th ability to be considered "effective".
    • Like x 2
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

So just an update for you CrazyArt, Atro got buffed again at some point. He is now upper mid tier.
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

When was this?

As far as I know his non DoT attacks still hit for an average of 234 when his PI isn't up, according to Shiny Mackerel's thread. I thought that was the last change they gave Atro.
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

No clue when it happened. Pretty certain it was a ninja buff. I just found out about it last night from Brice and Clutch, and that seemed to be when at least Brice first noticed it.
  7. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Damage or HP buff? I want to update the one-line description to be more accurate if it's HP.
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

His PI now properly increases damage of his other moves.
    • Like x 1
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

According to Shiny Mackerel's thread, the only moves that don't get boosted by the PI are his 4, the PI applicator, and his 6 while in supercharge. Was one of those changed?
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Pretty sure all of his Post-Plasma attacks were buffed if the enemy was affected by the PI.
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

All of his moves that are effected by the PI now deal increased damage when effected by the PI. I don't believe his thread has been updated yet to reflect the changes.
  12. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I've been quietly editing the guide to reflect feedback in some cases, so here's a summary of the changes made so far:
    • Supergirl moved up one tier to Upper Mid given more information about her counter punishment potential (iOnIyDoEO, Sabigya)
    • Cheetah moves up one to Mid Tier based additional testing of her damage vs. survival balance (CrazyArtBrown, The Enquirer)
    • Atrocitus moved multiple tiers up to Upper Mid after very beneficial game mechanics change (The Enquirer, Sabigya)
    That finishes all the characters I had open questions about. At this point I hope we just need to keep up with game changes to keep this all current.
    • Like x 2
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I've been talking to Clutch about Bizarro and he seems to have over taken Wonder Woman actually.
  14. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

BIZARRO HERO #1! I switched from Bizarro to Wonder Woman as my main Legend because Brawling's block breaker was sketchy for a while there. It seemed better recently, making it harder to fight the last few times I faced Bizarro and Bane. I haven't actually gone back to playing Bizarro myself yet to try it out. I know you commented before about the brawling block break problem; do you think that's gone now?

Switching between Bizarro and WW, I thought her finisher, the strength of her short combos, and the really strong ranged shield throws all contributed to why she was considered top-tier. And my win rate did go up a good bit playing as her. But if Clutch says Bizarro and his damage mitigation has caught up now that he's block breaking properly again, I'd believe that. He makes the uncloned Kryptonians look so sad.
    • Like x 2
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, Clutch and I had a fairly lengthy discussion about it. Per fight you can get about 10 second of 75% damage mitigation off of him, which apparently equates to a lot of damage being stopped.

The only brawling BB bug I'm aware of now is Hal's and that's technically not brawling's BB. Speaking of Hal he needs to get pushed to bottom tier because of the bugged block breaker. It makes his other moves far less useful. Especially since his strafing jet is completely dodgeable right now.

Arkham Joker apparently isn't bad enough to warrant being outside of mid tier, though he just makes it in. We can bump sinestro up a bit as well since we sorta underestimated him as well. We're also going to need to run through lower mid and upper low because some of those could actually be swapped with each other

He did say overall it's a pretty decent list though.
    • Like x 2
  16. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

There were a lot of wild guesses from me in those two. In the original thread a lot of people had opinions about the best and worst legends. Few people commented about the characters in upper low/lower mid. I tried to classify them based on reading your guide + the detailed stats info, first, along with a bit of my own experience.

And I think it's OK if those sections are a little weaker than the rest. If people get really solid advice about the best characters, and accurate warnings about the very worst so they don't waste money/marks on them, those were the two most important things to me.

Out of what you said with a touch of Clutch, these changes seemed justified to me, and are now applied:
    • Bizarro up to top tier.
    • Arkham Joker up to mid tier, small description update to emphasize he is a little worse than the regular one.
    • Hal Jordan down to low tier, with link to your block breaker bug post to explain.
    • Sinestro up to Lower Mid tier and a description update. I don't think he really deserve one more bump into the Mid Tier, not when Amon Sur is there with better stats and arguably stronger powers too.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, the upper low and lower mid are a bit blurred. So I'll do some messing around to find out.

I'd also bump WW down to upper mid. She's just missing top tier compared to those guys.
  18. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Wonder Woman is right at the border between tiers. I think if you demote her out, you'd have to reconsider some other characters too. The top tier could instead be only characters who can go toe to toe with Lex or Two-Face. Not sure that makes for a more useful guide though.

I tried to get some data here during a 3 hour grind on the LoA instance, getting all the team-up and checklist feats for someone who hadn't played it yet. I had the same set of people in there the whole time, and three of us were very evenly matched. PVE-L is not the same as 2v2 of course, but the scoreboard usually lined up along the tier lines. Everyone's Power Girl, Saint Walker, Superman, Zod, and Ursa sucked. Everyone's Two Face and Catwoman did really well.

Along with multiple Two Face, Catwoman, and Atrocitus runs from the feat list, I also saw some Doctor Fate and Circe in there to compare against too. I mixed in Wonder Woman a few times to see how she compared. To me she still looked more like the top characters than the ones in the Upper Mid tier. Not keeping up with Two Face, but better enough than Atrocitus and Circe to consider for the tier above them. It wouldn't take much data from matches to change my mind though; I just don't have enough myself.
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Keep in mind that L:pvE is about putting out a steady amount of damage over a long period of time. And PvP involves putting out a high amount of damage in a small amount of time. So even there scoreboard comparing doesn't help too much.

Which characters were you considering looking at again?
  20. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Good observation. Characters are going to have different levels of usefulness in each format. If PvE Legends is going to become part of daily existence in DCUO, it might be beneficial to have two guides/lists - one for PvE, one for PvP. (I know that's a whole lot of work though ... )

I wonder if LPvE will make the balancing of characters easier or harder for the devs...