"Lantern Lore"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Power Girl, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Doubtful, they did Reds in part one.
  2. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Oh....snapp...its time to a spread a rumor.....
  3. Jak-Man Committed Player

Boooooooooo.
  4. Jak-Man Committed Player

Hehe uh what kind of rumor?
  5. Antwoman Dedicated Player

uuummmm....Red Lanters will get a Queen Mera Construct added to their power list to first 500 new accounts that buy Rage.....hehehehe:D
  6. Jak-Man Committed Player

Pfffft. :rolleyes:
  7. Corwin Quantum Level 30

Queen Mera, Water Power. War of the Light III. Red Lantern. Constructs.
    I see a Pattern here ...
  8. Makineko Committed Player

Or Dex Starr for Legends, That would be nice too :D
  9. MariaTenebre Committed Player

That dosen't really count. That armor was used as a disguise and the Stormtroopers are pretty much on the side of evil. The Star Sapphires however while majority Female never excluded Males from their ranks and there have been many important Male characters wielding Love.

Again just because he states that most Men are not worthy means nothing as some Men are. Most people are not worthy of being Lanterns period and yet still those powers are open to everyone. Just like that in game the majority of Red Lanterns are villainous and yet still the power is open to heroes. Men have never been barred from being Star Sapphires and the fact that we have characters like John Stewart as a member in the Corps affirm this.

Also I don't see anything wrong with the color. We don't have a purplish pinkish power and it would be fun to use and many Men and Women would be attracted to the power.

It is not a Female only Corps the fact that Men are allowed at all shows that Men are allowed and now John Stewart is a full fledged member. Geoff Johns stated that Men are not barred from the corps. Just because Men are in the minority does not mean they are banned anymore then the fact that the Red Lanterns are mostly villainous stops heroes from joining.

The difference is though that I stated before that Rebels are banned form joining the Stormtroopers where as Men are not banned in joining the Star Sapphires.
  10. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

1. Maybe the reason they haven't/won't do a Star Sapphire power is because it would just be too close to the Green and Yellow Lantern powers at least the Red Lantern powers have a different look to them.
    2.Now about the Star Sapphire styles there were enough problems with the last few Amazon Fury styles not really translating well for the male characters so I'd really rather not see time wasted on another style set that a very very small group wants to see .
    • Like x 2
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, as far as the whole "good/evil" business goes, let's not forget that for a LONG time Carol Ferris as a Star Sapphire was an enemy of Green Lantern AND that a Star Sapphire was responsible for the death of Katma Tui, a longtime GL herself. As for Stormtroopers, there are a couple of excellent Star Wars novels by Timothy Zahn chronicling the exploits of a group of Stormtroopers acting heroically to help right wrongs done under the rule of the Empire and actually defend its citizens. So there's that.

But beyond that, the example stands. In both cases it still comes down to players trying to use examples from established lore (written, filmed, animated, whatever) to bring about a change they want to see in a licensed game. But sometimes, no matter how dedicated the player is or solid a case they feel they have, it is by no means a guarantee that it will pass the approval process of the license holder. That has to be kept in mind when making requests along those lines.
    • Like x 1
  12. MariaTenebre Committed Player

But still the Stormtroopers as a faction are oriented toward evil. There were also good ***** who even though in the party worked against the barbaric **** atrocities. That dosen't change the fact that Nazism and the Stormtroopers are an evil alignment. However with the Star Sapphires there is nothing that bans Men from joining and Men have wielded the power of Love and now John Stewart is a full fledged member of the corps. So the Star Sapphire power and gear should not be Female exclusive.

Actually the Amazon Fury style did translate well to the Male characters. Likewise should the Star Sapphire gear be translated for the Male characters as many people with Male characters would wear these styles. Personally I like the Amazon Fury styles for being so skimpy on Men. However I will say that it is foolish to make the Amazon and Wonder Woman styles for both genders when the Amazons have always been all Female as well as their champion so no Wonder Men but to make the Star Sapphire style all Female when Males are not banned from joining.
  13. Gwalir Loyal Player

I don't think only means what you think it means. :p
    • Like x 3
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

In the movies there was nothing banning Han, Luke and other Rebels from using Stormtrooper/Scout Trooper/Imperial gear. They could pick up an Imperial's blaster or armor to help protect themselves (for all the good Stormtrooper armor seemed to do in that regard lol) as they saw fit. That was the basis for many of the arguments for and requests made by players to allow Rebel/neutral players to use Imperial gear (armor in particular). Heck, Han's use of Luke's lightsaber in Empire Strikes Back even sparked a few requests/debates over lightsaber use for all players, not just Jedi.

The arguments for male Star Sapphire power/gear use are really no different: using an example from the source media (that can easily be considered an exception) as the basis to request the use of a power/item among players. It's something I saw time and again in my time with SWG and I'm not in the least bit surprised to see the same thing happening here.

Does that make the requests or arguments for such a change invalid? No, not necessarily. But considering that exceptions to a rule don't always make for the strongest stance in making such an argument/request, you and others arguing for it are facing an uphill battle, especially when the people you have to convince have shown a strong tendency to be pretty strict and more than a little protective when it comes to how the lore can be used in the game.
    • Like x 1
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

let me guess yet another star sapphire healer thread huh :rolleyes:

and no I didnt read the OP, I stopped at "you see where Im going" yea I do/did.
    • Like x 1
  16. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Yes but the difference is they got that Stormtrooper armor by stealing it and again the Stormtroopers do not allow Rebels to join their ranks.

The Star Sapphires however do allow Men to join their ranks and never prohibited them from doing so. Again just because Men make up a minority in the Star Sapphires means nothing as they are still allowed. Just like the fact that in game Guy Gardner is the only heroic Red Lantern and the majority are antagonists for everyone does not change the fact that Rage is open to heroes and villains. Just as Love is open to Men and Women.
  17. Xanoth Dedicated Player

And in relation to that, how many players will make male star saphires anyway?

Then again, it's the internet, I'd probably be surprised o.o
  18. Supergirly Dedicated Player

If you Role Play, it matters more. If you don't? Who cares. That is the sad truth of lore in this and any game. I am sure that XxWonder ManxX or IAMLEET do not fit in any kind of RP, ever. So I don't care. I also would say that in RP, we decide what canon we follow.

My group ignores New52, so there was no Red Lantern hero (Supergirl or other) and Red Lanterns are rage beasts. But lately, we are a little more lenient, but still we have not even gotten to Darkest Night.
    Oh and almost none of us use exobits in our stories. Content is just content, and has nothing to do with RP.
  19. MariaTenebre Committed Player

I think quite a few will. Many have stated they would like to and it would be something to set them apart and be different and original.
  20. Pults Loyal Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    *cough, cough*
    I'm already partially transitioned. When I took the pic I was earth at the time but now am back to rage, so the ring is glowing. If Star Sapphires do come out, I might switch on condition that it's a tank power. Healing or controlling is not for me.

Edit - also it would make some sense for it to be a tank power that focuses on shielding/healing.