"Lantern Lore"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Power Girl, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Sarcasm Committed Player

Lol Mace . PS MACCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately that "a lot of guys" isn't a huge number, maybe 4-5 tops. Quite possible that isn't nearly enough to justify allowing it.

And before you mention the importance of the characters who have worn the Star Sapphire rings, it's best to keep in mind that in Star Wars two of the main characters used Stormtrooper armor in one of the films, but that wasn't enough to allow Rebel players in Star Wars Galaxies to wear Stormtrooper armor (or any Imperial gear for that matter) in the game.
    • Like x 4
  3. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Considering what little I've seen of the lantern comics via googling every now and then out of curiosity it seems to involve every super hero/villain belonging to one corp or another at some point or another.

Blue Lantern Superman, Yellow Lantern Batman, Star Sapphire Wonder Woman for hero mentors. Orange Lex, Red Joker, Circe I see nothing about.

Obviously that would radically change the game and potentially leave all players as lanterns and then we'd end up with Lantern Universe Online... I think some people would have a problem with this :p

But considering you can have more than one ring at a time and some actually work better with more than one (Blue at least).

I'd still like to see them add a market place item for any/all ring glows, especially if it appears in the left hand so regular rings still glow too, as per Blue Kyle Rayner.

Maybe I'm just greedy and want all the rings!

[IMG]
  4. Jak-Man Committed Player

That doesn't really count. Luke and Han had to wear the armor in order infiltrate the Death Star and save Princess Leia, and never used the armor ever again.
  5. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Lol someone just made a thread about why Star Sapphires should or shouldn't be the next healer they also made a thread list all the Sapphires known powers which makes them more or a DPS/Controller. The Best healing lanterns are White and Black really. Indigo and Star Sapphire are on par with each other on healing really. Well in my opinion at least what everys thats worth. Should there be a Healer lantern yes the question is how much lore would DC comics grant DCUO to make it happen. I would rather have Indigo over Star Sapphire mainly because the color is neutral and Indigo is lessen known.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Also I know people want the rings to just swap glows....my anwser to that is no. They are going be as much lore as they can most of the rings don't work the same so swaping colors pallets on rings would be just lazy and would not fix anything it would just be annoying. Lol I could make an argument that Orange is an all Male corp too. So why not make it Male exclusive while giving Star Sapphires Female only I know it may rub people the wrong way but....I just want Indigo really just give me that one lol.
  7. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Sapphire Lore is still holding it back. 3-4 men only wore the ring is correct and the creator said he is not saying no men can join but, the ring chooses its host (which seems to be 99.6% female). There is the Female only gear in game as well, then we the worthiness of Men to wear the ring. Which most are deemed unworthy. Until DC add more males in to the lore then the lore isn't backing up a reason why males can join, I like the power and all and wouldn't mind seeing males in those powers but its not going to happen because of lore Star Sapphire isn't neutral enough between sexes to be a power and its being complicatied right now sinse people are dissagreeing many male players wouldn't in my opinon make a male charcter and give it this power unless the power was OP in DPS mainly because of its color...it don't appeal to most boys. Like around 70/30 I wanna say I could be worng thats just a feeling.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Again, 3-4 men who were temporarily Sapphires compared to a few thousand Female Sapphires?

looking more like a female only corp.
    • Like x 3
  9. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

I think that what everybody needs to remember that since they are reservist rings they work differently to regular rings. They are not as powerful, and they have a pre-programmed set of abilities, just like the green and yellow rings. So if the Devs can come up with a reasonable way around the "lore" with these reservist rings to explain how blue, orange, violet and indigo can be used, and DC approves, everyone wins. :D
  10. Xanoth Dedicated Player

maybe players can send love letters to devs to earn a male ring >.>
    • Like x 1
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

Just to point out a fact everyone keeps forgetting:

We are not real Lanterns and are not members of any of the cores. In this game, we are "temporary" deputies.

Thus, in a way, lore really means nothing .
    • Like x 1
  12. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I enjoy the fact that this game is the one real standout of how the DCU was pre-New 52, but with it's own unique differences because in reality it is a game and it even admits that it's just another Earth of the ever present DC Multiverse, similar to what was present at the time when it was released, but still not so radically different to alienate fans like the current state of the actual comics have. The future of the game is most likely going to give us stuff adapted to how the DCU is now, for better or for worse, as well as other Multiverse realities to play in, but overall it will still at it's core remain a variation of that pre-New52 DCU and as such is another numbered Earth in and of itself, just as pretty much all non-comic DC universes are considered their own numbered Earths. Since we're talking about Lanterns here, take for example the excellent, but unfortunately, short-lived GL animated series, a lot of changes were made there to better use the Reds, so the same could be done for Lantern powers in DCUO.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

May not be official members of the Corps, but we are still "chosen" by the leaders of the Corps to have the rings.
  14. TLantern Developer

Atrocitus refuses to use constructs?

[IMG]
    • Like x 15
  15. Blight KOBRA Commander

One of my favorite scenes with Atrocitus, great choice.
    • Like x 1
  16. Xanoth Dedicated Player

You know who else uses constructs... Dex-Starr >.>

Atrocitus needs his kitty.

More super pets pls.
    • Like x 5
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It was an example cited many time by players wanting to wear Stormtrooper/Imperial gear while either being a neutral or Rebel player.

It never worked. Right up to the end of the game, the only way you could wear factional gear was to be a member of that faction.
  18. Jak-Man Committed Player

Oh I see. Some people... :rolleyes:
  19. Jak-Man Committed Player

Hey hey, is she gonna be in WotL Part 3?
  20. Antwoman Dedicated Player

Oh I will have to bring up I want my character to be a construst itself lol plus I really like your sig:)
    • Like x 1