Up-Votes Needed Known artifact swap bugs that need to be fixed/adjusted

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by appocolyps, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Proxystar #Perception

The only time these discussions get toxic is when people come in trying to get artifact swapping eliminated because they don't like it,

then it gets derailed in to this nonsense, because people who hold the position you do can't provide any meaningful evidence to back up their claims for any change outside of the specific targeted ones Mepps has said they're looking to do and what the OP of this thread was even trying to achieve.

Again happy to have a targeted discussion about specific bugs and have done so in this thread with others, what I won't entertain though is this nonsense discussion about removing artifact swapping and I'll call it out every time, shoot it down, whatever you want to call it and I make apologies for doing so.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, I'm actually not sure what you're arguing with me about, when I've already said that artifacts can be changed so that the effects cease when the artifact is removed, this doesn't stop swapping it just means the player has to keep the artifact on, use the effect and then remove the artifact.

I mean are you confused about something?
  3. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol it got toxic as soon as you came in this thread and started trying to argue with posters about why their concerns and feedback aren’t valid.
    It’s not your call in the slightest and not a soul wants your input on why their feedback to the devs isn’t valid because you are simply a player lol.

Don’t try to generalize when threads get toxic lol it’s a very obviously false take and there isn’t a one size fits all

If you have an opinion, just state it and move on. Don’t try to derail other posters by replying to them and telling them why their concerns and feedback aren’t valid because no one asked or cares about your take on their feedback to the devs.

That’s the only reason we’re having this discussion and why you got exposed for lying.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

On with the targeted discussions.
  5. Ryll Committed Player

You did agree with Appo....and then followed it up with a reply to me saying this:

I read this as you agreeing with fixing cool down resets.

But you don't agree with making the benefits stop when you remove / swap an artifact.

After this is when I eluded to Mepps post from July....which is when you instructed to quote him properly. Quoted his post from March. I linked his post from July that I was referring too.

Appo hasn't posted since before any of this.

Yadda Yadda Yadda. Here we are.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Strictly speaking I'm opposed to changing it because I don't perceive it to be the problem many of you do.

I can stick my Philopsophers Stone on, get my enhanced supply drop, get the effect, take it off, keep the effect, My position really is so, what? It's not really game breaking.

However, I don't care if it were to be changed so when it comes to the outcome, I'm neutral, therefore it's of no consequence, it's not a hill I'd die on to use your earlier term.
  7. Ryll Committed Player

This is my point with linking to Mepps post from July. Where he states that effect, after not having the PStone equipped anymore, the benefit effect is not intended to continue. Unless there has been a more recent post from any dev saying otherwise.

Either way, it's late, have a good night.
    • Like x 1
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

Artifacts have become a compounded problem the more they were created, released and combined. Are you gonna say, hey, artifact swapping wasn't an issue when there were only 3 artifacts in the game?!? Lol

As to other exploits that go for years....
    There are people like you that jump on test, play with your test buddies, find the bugs, don't report them and keep them to yourself and league for live. Then when word of mouth outside of the leagues happens, and majority of the live servers learn about them, it gets to a point where fixes need to be made. This has happened for years and many glitches and exploits follow this pattern.
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

As to swapping in general...

There is a difference between being able to swap artifacts a few times per content for different content situations....

and swapping out artifacts 20 to 30 times per boss fight to exploit cooldowns, stacks dropping, compounding stats, or extra procs.

Some here, well one person in particular, wants to paint it all the same, but it's not.

Imo, artifacts should incorporate some kind of cooldown system like armories were. You can still swap armories before every fight, but are limited within combat to one swap....or two depending on how long the combat lasts. This allows for "gear" (in this case artifacts) to be swapped as intended, but not exploited to the 100th degree like we have now.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

On July 26, 2023, Mepps wrote a bit about artifact swapping and that they didn't intend to restrict it but mentioned they'd target specific artifacts that are a problem.

Yet you're here saying "Artifacts have become a compounded problem, all artifact swapping must stop!"

Since July 26, 2023, only one new artifact has been introduced the Brand of Hecate, man that one artifact has made a real mess hasn't it, just that one new artifact has made the situation involving artifacts "become a compounded problem", so much so that Mepps must "now take different action from that which he expressed last time...

I think we probably need to nerf the Brand of Hecate! Whatever it did, it must not be tolerated!

Quick we must stop all artifact swapping because it has got more out of control over the last 6 months.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for your comments about ObsidianChill, I think you're reaching and its because you dislike him. I don't particularly get on with the guy that well either, we've had many disagreements, about a lot of things, but we generally tend to continue to debate with each other irrespective of our interactions positive or negative, because there's at least some degree of respect towards each other in that we might get heated but the debates typically stay rational and usually end in some sort of constructive dialogue.

I think at times he accidentally omits data or makes mistakes, but the same can be said about me, no one in this game knows everything, but I think its a stretch in particular to accuse him of purposefully going out of his way to conceal bugs and problems so him and his league can personally gain, that's a pretty wild allegation.

I'm sure some people certainly do attempt this, but I don't think he can be accused of that, He typically tends to present his data, even if it is questioned so that it can be scrutinized and reviewed by the community, which is a lot more than many others in the community are doing when they request changes.

[cough] Did I just defend you Chill, man it must be cold in hell, let's find a heater, lol :D
  11. appocolyps Committed Player

Im afraid your slightly inaccurate in your assumptions that "Artifacts were working as intended for years until all of a sudden it became a problem and the community thought they weren't working as intended."

Mepps clearly stated " it was never intended for you to have the benefits of an artifact you don't currently have equipped".

I think we have all established swapping isnt going anywhere anytime soon, i fully appreciate we should be able to swap, i do it like you Chill, i can post videos of me swapping like a sweaty tryhard.

Can you give us an explanation/argument as to what is wrong with potentially having to keep the likes of EoG/Philly stone on until the benefits of the artifact have ceased before swapping?

What im trying to do in addressing the bugs rather than outright removal of swapping, is find a way of keeping a skill gap but not have a ceiling too high that it is detrimental to the games balance as it currently is.
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

How are you going to put a statement in quotations, when I did not say that at all? Bro, that's not how quotes work. Are you really that desperate for an argument?!? Never did I say end artifact swapping, I said it needs to be limited! It's far easier for the devs to limit all swapping than try to rework each and every artifact on this list.

As to the rest of your gobbly goo, lol, I've spoken out against artifact swapping waaaaaay before this last artifact.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

They've already told you they are going to work on individual artifacts, already told you this, not me the devs.

This is why coming up with problems with specific artifacts, like the OP has done is actually a better idea than what you're trying to do.
  14. Fokai New Player

These exploits that are currently in game is what is really killing the game for a lot of players. For me Dcuo is still one of the best and really only Superhero, or super villain MMO game out there. But I still refuse to play a game that acknowledges exploits and is all for it. Also the mentality of a lot of players that do art swap tend to belittle, or tell others that can't do it, or choose not to. That they aren't good enough. Or even called trash Kicked from instances etc. All just because they can't art swap. It's a negative aspect of the game the if it doesn't end. I'd rather see the game come to a end then keep it dragging on. Each year dcuo loses thousands of players. Last year maybe summer time dcuo had 500k players active....the start of this year barely 380k and is only losing more and more players. This is just how I feel, my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  15. Emoney Dedicated Player

Well first off, that is their job to tell me, not yours. But you always take it upon yourself and pretend to be the dcuo forum moderator. You've already said your position ten different ways, but here you are continuing to reply to everyone's individual posts. It's not your job. We all know where you stand, you want to be full sweaty, got it, move on.

Secondly, I love how you glossed over my rebuttal about you misquoting me, like it didn't happen.

We haven't had an update or any specific comment since Mepps vague comment. Just because he mentioned the phrase individual artifacts, doesn't mean that's set in stone. He also said they're monitoring the situation, and as we see by this thread, there's a lot of work. Given the history of this game, and past QOL fixes, they tend to take the easiest route, and that would be my suggestion. Which wouldn't stop swapping, just sweaty swapping. I know you always go to My gEaR HaS aLwaYs bEeN SwApPaBle....but adding cooldowns based on combat versus out of combat allows for a few swaps, NOT 20 TO 30 IN ONE FIGHT LOL.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Let's quote you shall we.

Emoney said this - "I said it needs to be limited! It's far easier for the devs to limit all swapping than try to rework each and every artifact on this list."

Now to quote Mepps

"We have no plans to adjust or limit artifact swapping..."

Followed by;

"but we're working more on each artifact directly at the moment to ideally avoid any sort of larger action."

There's nothing vague about any of that Emoney, They've already told you No "we're working on each artifact directly", the thing you're telling them not to do..., you're just not reading it or listening.

The only reason I keep replying to people is because they keep coming in with the same nonsense about "limiting or eliminating artifact swapping" and I make no apologies for critiquing that and repeating to you what the developers have told you, until that sinks in.
  17. Emoney Dedicated Player

At that time...things change, plans change. They just got more staff, including a new creative director. Mepps isn't the boss. There's been many times plans changed and he had to report to us. He even said, ideally not taking a larger action. That implies it's still a considered option. You don't have to keep quoting him though, or like earlier leaving out parts of his quote that didn't suit your position lol...because I've read his quote, I was part of that discussion.

And again, ITS NOT YOUR JOB. This isn't convince Proxystar forum. This is a forum for players to communicate with developers. We don't need your ego driven middleman persona. I will continue to post my suggestions when this topic comes up. Deal with it.

I also remember how convinced you were that not only was EOG perfectly fine, and working as intended, but also the devs wouldn't change it. How'd that go?!?
  18. HowlingSpecter Level 30

That argument is so dumb, henchmens has like a 5 minute cooldown, does artifacts have cooldowns..? Thought so.
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Question to a dev will this get fixxed or will the game continue this mess?
  20. TMaare Level 30

Are the devs going to do anything to fix these messy buggy artifact swaps?!?!?! Some answers would be nice please.