Up-Votes Needed Known artifact swap bugs that need to be fixed/adjusted

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by appocolyps, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Resetting a cool down could be argued to be a bug, artifact swapping itself is not a bug, Multiple devs have told you gear swapping is intended and this includes artifacts.
  2. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

lol of course ignore all the valid reasons why art swapping is an exploit that is deteriorating gameplay as content is not balanced for such a huge improvement in performance.

The devs already came out and said artifact swapping was unintended lol there’s else to argue beyond that. They also said they would monitor how it was affecting the game and may restrict it in the future depending on the impact/results.

This is the player base letting them know the game has deteriorated due to the imbalance between players using artifacts as intended and those who are art swapping. Content needs to be adjusted or art swapping needs to be adjusted because as of now it’s a mess.

Once again, stop trying to deter players from bringing this to the dev’s attention because YOU don’t like it :)
  3. Proxystar #Perception

It's nothing of the sort, It's Appo posting videos to show a few problematic artifacts that need to be changed, tweaked or updated to try and avoid them being exploited, It is not about artifact swapping as a whole, you're trying to turn it in to that because you have an agenda.

If the artifact swapping is causing a cool down to reset, or something to break then that is what we're looking at, that is a real bug, artifact swapping itself is not the bug,

You're so blinded by your rage over artifact swapping you can't even be sensible.
  4. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

lol I’m not changing anything but nice one trying to confuse the issue. This is the player base bringing up problems that art swapping is causing in game to the devs. There are multiple issues and multiple reasons why something needs to be done about art swapping and the unintended consequences of it deteriorating the game for players.

Lol the only agenda I could possibly have is wanting a game that is reasonably balanced to the parameters of the player’s achievable performance. That’s not an agenda lol that’s wanting to play a game as intended

You on the other hand, are trying to deter players from bringing the problems that art swapping is causing in the game to the dev’s attention. Your agenda is quite easy to see.

Unfortunately for you, I’m not your average forum poster and you won’t type your way out of being exposed for the silliness you’re spreading and the transparency of why you’re doing such things.

Once again, stop trying to deter players from bringing issues that art swapping is causing in the game to the dev’s attention because you and your friends would like to keep being imbalanced in content.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Unfortunately for me? LOL,

If I were trying to deter people I would not have had a meaningful discussion with appo in this thread about the artifacts in question and come to a reasonable outcome.

This happened because the specifics were discussed in a rational and reasonable way.

What you're trying to do here is derail the thread into something else entirely, artifact swapping in general.

In order to be sensible, tell me, what's your goal here? are you looking to fix the specific problems with these specific artifacts or are you looking to "remove artifact swapping"? Your answer to that question is all we need to know where your true motives lie.
  6. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol editing your posts to add lowkey insults/assumptions is corny and pretty laughable

Anyways my motive is for the devs to look at artifact swapping and how it’s performing more closely which is exactly what the OP is asking the devs to do.

You are trying to prevent this by shooting down posters with lowbrow and useless posts such as “lol but they didn’t stop you from swapping the artifact did they” - super meaningful conversation

Stop trying to derail the thread by arguing with posters about why art swapping and its glitches don’t need to be looked at. You’re not a dev and it’s not constructive lol. As I already told you Mepps plainly said they would be observing artifact swapping so let players give feedback instead of trying to shoot down their threads for your silly agenda of the game staying imbalanced.
  7. Ryll Committed Player

The same devs that said that swapping is intended also said effects continuing after unequipping an artifact is unintended. Sometimes even in the same post. Unless there has been a more current comment about it from a dev that is where it stands.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

The only part I edited was to add "in order to be sensible" hardly adding a low key insult, seriously get a hold of yourself.

This isn't the thread for you then, because this thread isn't about artifact swapping and how its performing, it's about artifact swap bugs that need to be fixed.

You're right about one thing though, I don't need to engage further with you, because you've added nothing meaningful and no further response is required.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Do everyone a favor and quote Mepps properly.

We have no plans to adjust or limit artifact swapping. We didn't expect this behavior, but swapping out your equipment is just something you have always been able to do

If you want fixes, then be specific about the bug, nothing since Mepps made this statement regarding the wider topic of artifact swapping has changed since he made it.
  10. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Why lie when everyone on here can clearly scroll to where I originally quoted you and see you added an entire paragraph and not just “in order to be sensible”

You added “You're so blinded by your rage over artifact swapping you can't even be sensible” because you thought you would get away with a lowkey insult - nice try

I wouldn’t call lying about something so easily proven false very sensible lol pretty sure you need to take a good look in the mirror :)

And yes the this thread is about artifact swapping and the glitches it is causing, this is definitely the thread for me but feel free to see yourself out because all you’re doing is trying to deter posters from giving feedback for your own agenda of being imbalanced in content.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

It's not an insult, it's an observation based on your statements, you clearly are so enraged by your distaste for artifact swapping as a whole you're incapable of engaging in a proper discussion, that isn't an insult, if you took it as one then that's on you.

If you want to engage in a sensible discussion then we can talk about specific bugs.
  12. Ryll Committed Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...o-team-artifact-swapping.328775/#post-4594805

Same for you
    • Like x 1
  13. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Yes I’m sure you want to sidestep the part where you just lied and lost all credibility but fortunately it’s there for everyone online to scroll up and see :)

Of course I’m not going to discuss specific bugs with you because you’re not a dev or anyone with any sort of specialized knowledge of the game or any sort of authority in the game.

This thread was the OP giving feedback to people that do have knowledge and authority and then you trying to derail the thread by giving your opinions on why their concerns aren’t valid because you have an agenda of keeping the game in an imbalanced state.

It isn’t constructive and this isn’t a thread for you to address our feedback lol it’s for the devs and you knew that. Go be miserable elsewhere.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

This comment from last March is still accurate. We are certainly aware of the many discussions on it and the impact it has on the game and how folks choose to play. It certainly has the potential to become a problem, but we're working more on each artifact directly at the moment to ideally avoid any sort of larger action.

To be as clear as possible, it was always intended for you to be able to change your artifacts (like any other piece of equipment), and it was never intended for you to have the benefits of an artifact you don't currently have equipped (again, like any other piece of equipment).

Obviously, the way artifact abilities and effects work, these two things intermix in ways that are at times interesting, annoying, and/or unbalancing, and that's why the topic is controversial.

He says they're working on targeted artifacts, hence why Appo has done the right thing in here targeting the specific artifacts, I agreed with him earlier that you could change it so the effects cease upon removal of the artifact, despite not being onboard entirely with either or really.

I've agreed with the majority of his issues following targeted discussions, what are you still arguing with me about? LOL

The other aspects I've highlighted here, are more related to Gamma Lantern though, who is up in here basically asking for artifact swapping to be eliminated. Mepps has clearly said it was always intended for you to be able to change your artifacts, so the act of swapping your gear and artifacts is rightfully going nowhere.
  15. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

He also says the team sees the potential for problems and they would IDEALLY like to avoid larger actions. Reading is your friend :)

I’m sure highlighting the parts that suit your narrative helps you cope with being wrong
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Whether you're speaking to the developers or not, this is still a public forum where you are going to have to engage in discussion with other community members, whether you like that or not.

This is not an echo chamber for you to just share your thoughts with the developers without outside engagement, if it were it would be a private forum or you should be sending a private message. Understand how a forum works.

If you aren't going to enter a discussion about specific bugs then what are you actually adding in here other than having an angry rant at me because I dared to further the discussion or worse yet, oppose the somewhat silly aspects of what you've said.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Sure, there is potential for problem, but this usually relates to specific artifacts, as Appo has highlighted, the very thing you're refusing to do yourself, and in the very next statement he's told you exactly what I've told you.

Swapping your gear was and is intended, but you're trying to have that changed with very little reason or cause, so again what are you here actually trying to achieve?
  18. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

You sure are able to add your opinions in a public forum, but posting lowbrow replies to posters asking for the devs to look at glitches is just sad and very transparent.

I’m here to give my opinion, not shoot down other’s opinions lol it’s quite a big difference.

One is constructive and the other is toxic. Not a soul wanted your feedback about the bugs they are reporting to the devs but yet here you are shooting down posters for your own agenda of wanting to be imbalanced in content.
  19. Ryll Committed Player

Seriously?

This is the part you didn't highlight.

20. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Asking the same, silly question just looks bad on you when it’s already been answered.

Now I’m just replying to you because you’re easy to expose. Literally told a bold faced lie and now pretending you have any sort of credibility.