If you're not going to stop feats in TCs...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Apr 22, 2018.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I think a good compromise is to make it account bound. They still get what they want (you playing), and we don't get stuck playing or favoring certain toons just to make sure we're getting enough salvage for the Essences.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

That would help, but I think RnD should be on the broker. They are crafting materials. I don't know about all other games, but I do know that the ones I've played everything was there to find. The only things that weren't, were probably on a vendor somewhere to get. It was asked way back with AF3, they just keep doing it.

As I said back then, they are going to have a fallout related to the crafting cost unless something is done.
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Does this guy proofread xD???
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

My thoughts exactly. The only time I use replays for an instance are when they cost 12 replays. I think that is how much the solo, duos and seasonals are. :oops: The amount that is charged for alerts & raids is not justified IMO. There are way too many headaches that come with alerts and raids for me to even consider paying to reset those instances.
    • Like x 1
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

More SP only shifts the performance window's low and high water marks. It isn't just the stats you have, it's how you use them. If you have 400 SP, you should be able to survive bigger hits, inflict more damage, dispense more healing, dispense more power recharges, and better overcome enemy willpower. Just because you can do all of that doesn't make you a better player... but it does increase your opportunities to prove your abilities.

This comes down to how some feats can actually test your skills as a player while many others are nothing but feats of perseverance. Longevity feats do not prove skills. They only show that you've managed to collect 10,000 items for salvage... or gather 25,000 exobits... or get lucky RNG results to allow you to complete different styles or other collections. Should you be rewarded for this? Sure... why not. You invest a lot of time and effort and it helps you build some strength in your characters. You also have to spend time actually playing the game to acquire these feats, so one would hope that even if you aren't looking for elite content or SM you will find yourself in better positions.

Then you come to other feats that actually require you to complete certain fights under certain conditions... which actually do test your skills as a player and the combined skills of the team when done in non-solo instances. For example, the feat in Oa Under Siege where you have to defeat Corrupted Hal Jordan two different ways... once without killing any of the corrupted energies and once after destroying at least 5 of them... or maybe God of Monsters' "In an Orderly Fashion" which requires the team to work as a unit to kill the 4 monsters in 4 specific orders... or in Love and War where you have to let the first arriving add of a specific category survive the entire battle with Wonder Woman and Carol Ferris. Those feats test your abilities to control and/or direct your damage. How about Darkseid's War Factory and "Droning Off"... where you have to figure out who is the target of the Demolition Drones and have those people kite them around the back because any iota of damage to them will cause them to self destruct? Again... all about control and direction of damage as well as awareness of your surroundings. I'd love to see a few more of these feats.
    • Like x 1
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Pretty much everything with a daily lockout costs 12 replays to unlock. 87 replays for weekly lockouts.
    • Like x 1
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Thank you, I thought so but I do not reset them enough to remember exactly. I think the last instance I reset for 12 replays was about a year ago. If I remember right it was a seasonal. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

12 for solos, duos, and daily open world missions
    29 for alerts
    87 for raids, weekly open world missions, and the stabilizer fragment duo
    • Like x 3
  9. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Since SP are the way you described just in this one part, why wouldn't any player want to improve there "opportunities"?

We always use the old adage of SP don't mean you have skills, but we never apply it to similar skill level, just always the extremes.

Having more or less is not going to make the game harder or easier, experience does, having the higher SP does allow players to perform at a higher degree, but without experience they might as well have low SP.

The downside is that I believe the dev's want to give us more content based on skill, they probably wouldn't mind putting up challenges and content that is not tank and spank, the community has other ideas that crush that though and undermine it at everyturn.

TC's are made for that reason along with the styles.

If they took away the feats, would so many buy the TC's, how does the sale of TC's compare to the sale of lock boxes?
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I just want the unnecessary feats to stop. Modding use to be fun and feel natural. Now it feels messy, convoluted, and drawn out for the sake of replays. I don't need a feat for a mod. The reward of the mod should be enough. I don't need a feat for an OP item. The OP item should be enough of a reward. I just think feats in general have become somewhat ridiculous in nature. Not EVERYTHING needs a feat attached.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Those feats are unnecessary to you, but they are necessary for other players. Yes, they are tedious/boring...but they're easy to get and don't specifically require people to group up to get. That's important because as Episodes get older, going back for group based feats get harder. Don't like those feats, don't bother with them...problem solved. As for attaching feats to OP items...that one is done simply to get people to chase for the OP items. Just cause you would already doesn't mean other players would...so they added an extra incentive for the stat point obsessed. It's not necessary, but if you want it, get it...if it's too much trouble, forget it.
  12. AberrantAngel Committed Player

The salvaging/crafting feats never bothered me. You are running content you are salvaging the gear and you are usually making mods to sell or tip make your toon stronger. They are easy feats to get. And if you are having to do this in newer content, it helps all the newer players get there early crafting salvaging feats as well.
    It is a good move by the devs to get newer players quicker feat points then they probably would the old way.
    But like all feats your choice to work on them at a speed you choose. If they are important you push through them, if not they will come in time when you are ready to work on them.