If you're not going to stop feats in TCs...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Apr 22, 2018.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Please. Please stop attaching feats to each dlc in regards to crafting. With the amount it takes to craft mods and gen mods it's just too much. Unless you play all the time, the feats become a little ridiculous. And just not fun.
    • Like x 5
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I personally have reached a point where feats have become an afterthought, I am done "chasing" them just to please the elitist of this community.

My time is precious and frankly I have lots of better things to do than chase feats, especially TC feats. I suggest you try to do the same.

By looking at your sig, I notice you have 341 SP which is more than enough in my opinion. Enjoy the game and its challenges and let the whales chase TC feats.

Cheers mate.
    • Like x 8
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The thread is about crafting feats. But yeah. I got ya.
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Your title implies a certain disdain towards TC feats hence my reply.
    • Like x 3
  5. |The 3rror Committed Player

i find craft mods easy not that hard :)
    • Like x 1
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

It's fine if they do it once or twice every now and then, but just like the kill 300+ adds, it gets pretty boring to not say another thing. It has been asked a million times to change the dlc feats and the kill 300+ adds, but they simply ignore the feedback and keep doing it. Things like this are making the episodes feel too repetitive, and i really hope they change it...
    • Like x 2
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

How many have you crafted? From how many DLCs?

Did you craft 12 gear and 12 generators for Olympian? New Justice? Goons of Gotham? Atlantean (only gen so far)?

If the answer is no, then you can't really understand what the OP is talking about.
    • Like x 4
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

But then again, OP is complaining about something entirely optional.

Nobody is forcing you to craft all that stuff for feats, at this point there's more than enough feats so that skipping crafting ones won't have a major effect on gameplay, right?

If you're hunting these feats for the glory, bragging rights or hell maybe sh** and giggles then I don't see the point in making this thread.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Nothing in the game is forced on you. You can keep your skill points at 100 and complete content. You can use alpha mods too. You can play the event version of everything now, skip OP items, etc. If you want to enjoy the game, however, being competetive in DPS, performing your role at maximum proficiency, you're telling me there's no difference between someone who has 200 and 400 sp?

I find that hard to believe. The OP's point is valid. Why not attach feat points to things that are more interesting and entertaining?

And again, before disregarding his feedback, answer the question: how many of each type of mod have you made?
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There is no difference between someone who has 200 and 400 SP. ;) ;)

Sorry.... could not resist. ;)

I should probably say;
    There is no noticeable difference between someone who has 200 and 400 SP.

I did not test it and do the Math.... but I would bet the difference is minimal at best.
    When I play with characters that have 50SP or 200SP.... I don't really see a difference.

Did you ever play the game and then realise halfway through your playthrough that your Generator was expired??
    Do you really see a difference with your character when your white mods expired thank to the Generator having expired??
    When I play without the extra 5% Power.... without the extra 2% damage that my white mods give me.... I don't really see a difference.
    Same difference with the SP I would say.

I did recreate my Multiverse on test and gave him the BEST gear and the BEST mods available...... and I can't really see a difference between my Test character and my Live character.

And on Test I gave my character a full set of DPS gear fully modded......
    My character on Live uses Troll gear for both role.... and I have various type of mods.

And the difference if there is one is not really noticeable.

I will have to test it out more fully...

Maybe I should make a video about it?? ;) ;)
    • Like x 5
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

My understanding of your point is that certain feats should be easier to obtain and/or more entertaining because you want to remain competitive?

I don't believe any current content, Elite or not, requires anyone to have 400 SP to complete. I have seen groups of folks with under 300 SP slice through Elite content like butter.

If you want to be part of the 1% for whatever reason that's up to you, but complaining that the road to achieve that level might contain a few "boring" aspects is stupid in my opinion.

You and I both know all MMOs contain its fair share of boring grind but that's part of the game.

I am not making accusations but I know alot of competitive folks who run through new content in a week with replay badges and end up having to grind those boring aspects because everything else has been completed, and that's on them.
    • Like x 1
  12. TestReporter Loyal Player

You don't see the difference because content this days is made for the players who don't want to spend time in the game or get good. You really won't notice any difference if you are doing a SSr or a TTBr, or even a TTBe, simply because that 1-5 or even 10% of damage/health/resto/vit won't prevent u from beating that content in a small period of time.

When there are hard things to do, having a DPS with 500 more might or tanks with 2k more health can be the difference about beating it or not. SPs don't matter as much as they should (and it's hard to ask for it to change right now, because many feats are locked behind RNG and P2W), but saying that someone with 50 SP will be as good as someone with 200 SP (at the same skill level) is [expletive].

If you had to do a UMe, a DWFe or a SM with someone with 200 SP X 400 SP, i'm sure you would see the difference, right in front of your eyes.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I have all of them. and I've had all of them. I ground them all out. It's not hard. You can collect just about everything just by doing your dailies. I'm already almost done gathering the materials for the the most current batch of generators.

I totally disagree with the OP. And you, to be honest. We've had feats for doing mundane things since the game wa released, and suddnely we care about the grindy ones. Every episode is full of grindy mundane feats mixed in with ones that are situational and take some gameplay skill. And even then, are they really that tough to get? You're telling me that waiting for the four starros in the solo to power up to full power before killing them is an achievement more difficult than grinding out materials? Or even better, the one where you get a feat for killing all the starros before they charge up even once.

Y'all have to understand that as long as SP are tied to feats and SP are progression, they can't and won't make the vast majority of the feats hard to complete. That's never going to happen. You don't cut off a bunch of your players from progression cuz you want to set feats to level that most of them won't be able to complete.

Personally, I think the OP still is hung up on TC feats, can't get over it, and its just bleeding into his general complaining on the forums, and especially this post, which he titled about TCs to get people interested because he knows the majority don't care about grinding out the generator feats.

If you want the generator mods and the feats, you grind it out. If you don't, you don't.

Y'all need to stop trying to change fundamentals to the game's design. It ain't gonna happen.

It has always been this way with feats and grindy feats. It has never been the case that feats were mostly skill challenges. Never.
  14. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The problem is that with the amount of content it's practically impossible for someone new to catch up without feeling exhausted.

The gap is too severe, and I understand why new players skip the SP work, the difference between 400 SP and 200 SP is not big enough for the amount of work it requires.

More and more veterans are leaving and the reality of lower SP players is one we're going to have to deal with.

Something has to be done but it will have consequences, if we make the difference between 400 SP and 200 SP more severe, new players will leave because they'll be unable to complete content unless they do the giant catch up game. If we make SP irrelevant, the vast majority of vets and elitist will leave.
    • Like x 3
  15. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I find them to be very easy to do
    • Like x 1
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

The grindy generator and mod-crafting feats are not really hard, but they are tedious and boring. Why make those a returning feat-related element of each and every episode when you instead can replace those with other, interesting feats within the content itself?

If you take out these crafting feats & OP item-feats, there's not really much there at all tied to the open world and instances. I'd rather see more feats tied to the actual content of each new episode than the usual, mindnumbingly boring list of crafting we are getting now.
    • Like x 2
  17. TestReporter Loyal Player

True, remember when we had to farm the statues, vases and **** in ToTD? It required skill or was a challenge? Nope, it was all grind and it was fine. BUT, there is a big difference between now and the past. After AF2 we got the Halls of Power 2 dlc, halls of power had another raid that required you to farm statues vases and ****? No, it had another farming feats? Yes, that worked differently.

I don't see any problem in having the mods/generator mods feats once in a while, but i see a problem when we have them in every episode, just like the kill 300+ adds. Even if it's not hard, it's boring and makes every episode feel like the other.
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

We haven't seen the difference at least since T5.... some might argue since T4.

When T3 was the top gear.... your SP could represent as much as 30% of your stats wayyyyyy back then.
    THAT was quite significant.

But with T4... that started to change.... the % of stats you would get from SP was getting less significant.

And by T5..... the T5 gear gave you enough stats that SP represented maybe 5% of your stats??? maybe a bit more??

So the difference was not so significant.... or even noticeable anymore.

As for who I want to run with....

I ran enough missions with players who had 50SP and who pretty much carried the whole team on their shoulders.

And I ran toooooooo many missions with garbage players with 300+SP.

So I have learned a loooooooong time ago.... it does not matter how many SP a player has.

A good player will be good even with 50SP.

A bad players will be bad even with 300+SP.

Eons ago... people assumed that good players had HIGH SP... and that bad players had LOW SP.

Then one magical day..... the census went Live.

And for a while.... it put an end to that SP non sense.

We could finally SEE that many GREAT players barely had 50SP.
    And we could see that many garbage players had HIGH SP.

So for a while.... people stopped thinking that HIGH SP = good players.

Sadly that did not last... and we quickly got back to the Myth that players NEEDED HIGH SP to be good players.

Oh well. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

So a support role with full might and full restoration or vit won't perform better that someone who only has 190 sp in vit, and none in might/power?

A healer who maxed out resto and dom won't heal better than someone with resto only?

A tank who's maxed out in health and dom won't perform better than someone with dom only?

If you want to perform battle roles, or hyrid dps, do those extra 200 sp make a difference?
    • Like x 1
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

My point is they should alternate feats. In the past, generator mods dropped in content. Getting a full set of 8.3 experts required running a lot of content. Did we get a feat for that? So why does EACH AND EVERY episode have to have a 3-star feat for doing the same? For people who say it's not a challenge, remind me the costs in simple and complex materials for each generator mod again? How many total are we talking about?