Ice Tanks pull

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Imperial Guard, Jun 10, 2013.

1. DeathZakid Well-Known Player

2. XBlue Well-Known Player

Yes, this is a temporary solution, but it does not change the fact that it was different before. :/
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

This has been misinterpreted a few times. spord did not say that you had to use a weapon, he said that you had to attack first. An attack is anything that does damage, which includes a power.

For those who do not understand the work around, here is an example:
    1. A damage player hits the boss first.
    2. A tank player hits the boss (with either a power, a weapon, or a consumable that does damage) and is now on the hate list.
    3. The boss is still fixated on the damage player since he is 1st on the hate list.
    4. A tank player uses a power near the boss that in some way affects the boss.
    5. The boss now will focus on the tank since the tank gained aggro through the hate list and power combination.
    The above means that even if a tank uses a power to do damage, the tank then has to use another power to get aggro. The result is that a tank is vulnerable for twice as long as normal, which has led to some issues with tanks being knocked out more often than usual and the group fixating on tanks for not being strong enough. This bug grinds my gears.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mai3coh New Player

Welcome to the world of Fire tanks.. No Ranged pulls.
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I think you missed the point of the OP. When they nerfed inescapable storm, they broke the aggro it drew. That was later fixed (not sure when, but I did notice it started working again some time after this thread). Now there is a new aggro issue seemingly affecting all tanks.

In response to your post: I think fire and earth both need a revamp to give them a ranged multi-pull in line with ice and rage. If you make that suggestion, I'll support it 100%.
  6. XBlue Well-Known Player

Yes, now we have Aggro Problems with all Tank Classes :/
  7. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Quick question guys. A few days ago someone told me Ice's WW is messed up, an aggro drop & to replace it immediately. I couldn't get a hold of that person to discuss further.
  8. StopPerving Dedicated Player

The only place I have issues with WW is Paradox. most noticeable when Sentry or Warrior is out with the Tyrant. Hitting WW at those times, the sentry/warrior will immediately turn and attack the group (sentry will do his sparks at someone random.. and the warrior will walk toward somebody with the intent of stomping them).

In all other instances, I'm not seeing any issues with it.
  9. thelostczarnian New Player

yeah im rage and get similar issues. ive decided i dont like tanking eo lol. anb fine, nexus fine, 2 out pw fine. eo....not fun to tank at all.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Low Pressure yo.
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

fire tank say lol, lol, lol, lmfao, lol. no seriously sorry i know when your pull fails so bad its frsutrating. low pressure b4 worked 2 out of 5 pulls. i can just see the ice guys faces as they deal with it and yup still snickering. hope they fix it soon and id take ragebringer or and 360 pull over IS everytime.
  12. 01SUPERMAN01 New Player

I can't hold anything in L&W now mobs just fly around one shorting everyone u can be a pro at blocking and be melting the mobs but if u can't hold these trash adds what's the point but I have noticed that with all tanks like it not enough to have vexers that wipenur power but who needs power when u can't pull a mob anyway. Dcuo is sitting back laughing at us in these raids