i love timecapsules don't you?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Oct 21, 2017.

1. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Hahaha, knew this thread would further antagonise all the skeptics. Time to lay out the facts:

True, the delivery system was not perfect. Now that the time capsules are containing items that have been highly requested (such as iconic emblems / styles, trinkets and auras) they are more sort after and have increased DBG profit margin. As long as people are willing to pay for them, all the complaining in the world from a few cheapskates isn't going to change that.

Yes, membership costs $$$ and with that you get more access privileges than non paying players do. You also get full access to all new DLC's / powers being introduced bi-monthly, not to mention the occasional gift that non-paying players are not privilege to unless they are willing to pay for if they want it badly enough. You support all the hardworking programmers by keeping the lights on, roofs over their heads and food in their bellies... not to mention lining the pockets of those who own the rights to the media.

Time Capules = further development of this game. I've said this before "if you're not contributing... then you're a cheapskate, expecting to get something for nothing while the the rest us pay for the developers hard work."

No one is forcing anyone to buy stabilisers nor is there an expectation too, and people who do buy them are contributing to support further development game and should so be rewarded for that. If they don't want an item that has dropped and it is highly sort after, they may sell it to get something back for their real world $$$ (and so they should be able to)

It is a fair system.
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I believe in supporting the game so I will support the time capsules...and not gonna be one of those ppl that only use keys from the event and get pissed when they dont get what they want lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

If you are buying into the TC system, you are a "Sucker"..fair?..cool.

Fact: This game survived and released plenty of Episodes, including monthly releases, styles, equipment, base items, collections, seasonals etc...way before TCs were introduced. The lights were shining just as bright then as well.

Just another system of greed with a little bit of permanent progression attached to it creating a paywall, that if you do not participate by buying gold, or have an endless amount of in game cash already, you will never get before the next TC release, unless extremely lucky in RNG...or Mommy and Daddy, or you (if adult)have a fat wallet to keep throwing money in a RNG system that you
    are not so lucky with..Yup..that's fair.
    • Like x 5
  4. Atomis Maximus Level 30

Powers being introduced bimonthly? There was nearly 2 years between atomic and water.
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

no. no i don't like time capsules at all.

i think all these styles and collections should have been worked into new content players earn and achieve through gameplay with the choice items up for sale on the marketplace.

the money time capsules have generated over the past year is clearly not going back into the game.
    • Like x 2
  6. recoil Committed Player

honestly i think this would just make the problem worst for most players. better to add new styles and occasionally old styles from tc's to the new space time vendor for quarks instead and leave the themed gear like batman beyond, green night etc in with the auras and emblems. cause the gear dropped just fine or atleast before gotham capsule it did and aura collections were the most common things in the arcane capsule besides emblems.
  7. recoil Committed Player

i'd have to agree with everybody else. actual styles have been lacking since sons of trigon and amazon fury one and two. in the amazon fury, war of light, trigon, and sunstone chapters we got FOUR different themed styles but now we barely even got ONE with the riddled with crime dlc. and i can bet you fairly confidently that earth 3's two new styles will be no different.
  8. Surtur Well-Known Player

LOL,
    • Like x 2
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

wait, you skipped the part in wich i explained why i think it helps,
    only to state that you don't agree to my oppinion, wich you skipped,
    and then you make a rhetorical question noone can actually answer?
  10. Surtur Well-Known Player

The $1.00 TC's are sure in the heck a lot better than the $10.00 Disappointment Bundles and they have brought in a lot more styles than the $ 10.00 Disappointment Bundles ever did.

Sorry but companies do not bring in new CEO's to change things up unless they are in trouble and need change. If you have not noticed more than a few devs have been replaced since DCUO brought in a new boss.

All you have to do is be smart in order to get what you want.
    • Like x 1
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The knight batman helm is almost easy to replicate by using the og "qwardian" helm style (tank role only) in the Trigons Prison alert from the second bosses.
  12. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

You mean the same CEO that has a reputation for killing the game community?? I get it..

However, at least with the bundles, even if you didn't get the aura you are looking for, you still got other items such as scanners, replay badges etc..which was far less of a gamble than the current TCs are, with no feats attached so, it wasn't tied to permanent progression..which no matter how you stack it..its progression to say the least.

And along with the new Dev team..came removal of in game moderation..and a less streamlined bug reporting system..that you MAY get an answer for within a reasonable amount of time.

Yeah..we are SO much better off.
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Leave the SP. It is a non issue.
    if really people think that a handfull of SP really matter........ :rolleyes:

As for getting 3 to 5 sets per capsules...... that would probably be too overwhelming for most people.

Already just completing ONE set is challenging for many people..... 3 to 5 sets would be too much for most.

And you have to remember that there is more the just one set in the TC.

You have...
    One set of gear/style
    half a dozen emblems..... some TC went as high as a dozen emblems
    and usually 3 auras..... or 1 Material and 2 auras by completing 12 collections each.

That is a lot of stuff to collect in a single TC for most people.

If you add even more styles in each TC..... most people won't be able to keep up.
    Heck many just cannot keep up right now.

And I did not even mention also all the work required to craft the enhanced version of the style and the emblem.

So... no.

Removing SP is a non issue.
    And adding too many styles in each TC would be overwhelming for most people.

The TC as they are right now is fine.
    If I have any issues with the current TC it is how rare some of the rare items are.

When you see the collections for the TC sold for $200 000 000 on the Broker.......
    it is pretty clear that the rare collections are wayyyyyyyyy too rare.

But sadly...... that is most likely working as intended. :(
  14. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

I wouldn't say a handful of SP, when there have been several TCs, with 50 and 25 pointers and a few 10s attached. Even still progression is still progression no matter how it is stacked..even in minimal standards, which may not seem much to you, but adds up over time.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???
    What game community did Jackster kill??

He worked on Neverwinter... and last I checked Neverwinter is doing fine.
    Star Trek Online is doing fine.
    Marvel Universe Online which became Champions Online is doing fine.

Pretty sure you mean City of Heroes.

So ONE game shutting down = reputation for killing the game community??.... really??
    Was Jackster even still involved on City of Heroes when it shutdown??
    From what I understand it went through a couple of publishers.

Scanners??
    If you really think that scanners are "valuable"..... not sure what to tell you.
    You do get a few free scanners early in the game.
    Once you used those free scanners to learn the spawn points on a farming route...... what do you even need more scanners for??

Replays??
    Why would anyone buy BB for Replays??
    If you really want Replays.... just buy Replays..... you will get more Replays for less $$$.

And of course.... the complaint about the Feats.
    If really you are salty because there is a handfull of feats/SP in TC..... not sure what to tell you.

But you are correct in your last line......

Yeah.... we ARE so much better off with TC then with BB.
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Let me guess.....
    You think SP matter??
    you are one of those who think that there is a HUGE difference between someone who has 200SP and someone who has 210SP.... or even 220SP???

That every single SP counts??

If that is the case.... nothing I can say will satisfy you.
  17. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

I wouldn't say they are doing fine, when the same complaints over there are surfacing here. Mr Emmert cares about one thing..and that is Mr Emmert.

The tools that dropped in the bundles were alot more useful, even the scanners, as collecting these attach to collection feats for those who care to grind..as any MMO has by nature.

Sorry, that there isn't much to say to disagree with how SP is attached to a pay to win system that adds up with every TC release.
  18. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Probably not...because it's the truth?

As long as stats matter, SP will matter...in a permanent sense.
  19. Surtur Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  20. Surtur Well-Known Player

Apparently have have never run a business or been in a position of authority where you have to justify your man hours on a job. If you have you would know that any boss worth his weight cares about the bottom line first. If you do not watch the bottom line everyone that is depending on you to have a job so that they can pay their bills, buy groceries and keep a roof over their head will be with out a job and poor as hell.

Go ahead and explain how welfare works without anyone putting money into it. I want to hear this.
    Oh wait I know....... You're going to just miracle that cash out of thin air or grow a money tree.
    • Like x 1