i love timecapsules don't you?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

They are amazing we get unique styles, we get nice emblems we get new aura's new material's

Heck im evening saving my Quarks for a new style right now.

Just gotta say i love timecapsules, cant wait too see the next ones. ;)
    • Like x 7
  2. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Yes, I also love gambling for dozens of feats. Buying a style directly doesn't compare to gambling for a chance at all... :rolleyes:

Super Great!!!

Yeah no, the concept of time capsules was cool, the implementation... not so much IMO. I'm assuming you just like the gifts, not the delivery.
    • Like x 7
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Sounds to me like you love the new styles; but not necessarily the delivery mechanism.

Unless you dig gambling, if that's what you're saying.
    • Like x 4
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

:D i love too gamble sometimes i gets what i want sometimes i get something better than what i wanted ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. Tekwash Level 30

tbh idc, every mmo has its $$ gimmick.. but ill open a million of them anyway, cuz i like styles and shiny things

the price isn't that bad, i've seen currency prices in other mmos and stabilizers are relatively cheap
    • Like x 4
  7. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  8. TestReporter Loyal Player

Hmm...Sarcasm? Brain wash? Sun affected your mind? Secret TCs power to make you love them? TC love potion? Are you serious? Either way: whatever
    • Like x 3
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

As far as feats are concerned, there are infinitely more buried in the hell-hole of PvP, LPvP and LPvE than in Time Capsules.

The drop rate for enough MoL to get the next Legend to get the feat, and get the next MoL to get the next Legend to get the feat, and get the... is *miniscule* compared to Stabiliser drop rates.

And that, unless I am mistaken, is what people are asking for, for Time Capsules?: To be able to grind for something you do not have, and buy them with special currency from a vendor?
    • Like x 4
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

The difference is PvP feats are obtainable via game play. Time capsules has items many have zero path to.
  11. Atomis Maximus Level 30

Cmon Jareth can't make the bait that obvious lol.
  12. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

good point
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
    • Like x 3
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

all this stuff should be available in the actuall game without microtransactions affordable...
    yes, you get fragments, but look at what we get here in the last DLC in compairision:
    one new style (riddler (basicly a buissnessdress with some question marks on it) stuff),
    where all the good stuff gets packed in the TC (beyond, emblems, auras) and the peak:
    new TnS vendor with such exorbitant overpricing, you need to open hundreds of TC's for.
    in addition, i lost some friends and heared of entire leagues vanished because of TC's.
    that for, i completely hate TC's and all thats wrong with it so much, i totally disagree here.

but hey, thats just my oppinion and i guess your oppinion is as valid as mine. just saying...
  15. MastaMind Dedicated Player

TC feats are also available VIA game play. They give you a mission to earn the stabilizers for free. Even if you don't pay for a membership. How you approach that is on you. As I have said elsewhere. If your tactic is not working then try changing it up. The last 2 capsules that released I was able to get every single item on day one without spending a dime. The ones before that took a week but ended up the same. One smart tactic is to build up a few stabilizers before opening the capsules, and once you have the stuff you need stop opening them. I know a lot of people keep opening them just because they are hoping they will get some big ticket item that they can overprice. That is why they fail.

And if people want to use the "Well people could pay to get the stuff quicker whereas I have to do all of this and that is not fair!" argument, then I will point out that exact same tactic applies to ANYTHING in this game. A player can pay to skip to 100 CR and they get a ton of feats that are a painful grind. Like the Toyman missions, breaking treasure chests, etc. A brand new character can start out with almost 80 SP worth of small but sometimes difficult feats. They can also turn around and buy all of the Legends characters. A few feats would pop (On every character they have) just for collecting the characters. Then they would be able to run all of the LPVE stuff without anything holding them back aside from time/patience. They could also buy a ton of replays and run the highest raid that is released. I mean this is literally a game where a "free" player is allowed to spend $2000 a day. So God forbid that they need to repair their gear or buy sodas. I get that the system sucks but acting like there is no possible way to obtain it is just childish. Get your hustle on or join a league that doesn't suck. I am one guy with an extremely small league and I've helped quite a few players pull through those TC feats easily. There is that thing called the broker. Use it.

No it shouldn't be. Just like the membership there should be rewards for those who support the game. Just because some people fear to spend a dime on the game that they devote so much time to doesn't mean that everyone should suffer. I am assuming that you are a member? This is the exact same as people pitching a fit because of a gift that we as members get. They can go out and buy the membership and get the gift, they can suck it up and deal with it, or most of the time they can go and buy it off the broker for a decently reasonable price. I know that a lot of people have this selfish "me me me me" mentality, but has it ever occurred to you that the game may not be standing still if it weren't for Time Capsules? I have no way of proving this but I do know exactly how things work. This game costs money to keep alive and keep going. They did not make this game so that they can break even. They NEED to be profitable. Do you expect people to just randomly donate cash to the game? No! They need to be compensated in some way shape or form. Instead of adding some $100 trinket or whatever else they have these boxes. Sure it is a gamble but that is life.

I don't agree at all with the "all good stuff is in TCs" statement. The TC gear styles are not that great. They are all themed for some hero. Not once have they done a villain style and they probably never will. So sure. If you want to dress up like Batman Beyond then I guess the styles are alright, but you can also go play Arkham City and accomplish the exact same thing. Don't get me wrong. I am a big Batman fan, but I did not make my character on this game so that I could run around pretending to be him.

I admit that the new vendor prices are insane. The thing is that... Dun dun dun.... There are no feats tied to these items. Just as you all requested. So the desire to want them is strictly for cosmetic purposes. I could prove it statistically, (or just give me enough time) that these items are completely obtainable. Sure it wont be overnight without paying for them, but they are not impossible at all. In fact it is probably one of the easiest items out there to get. Run a daily mission, every 3-4 days open a box and take a chance at getting something else, repeat! How is that hard or impossible? And thanks to your feedback they even went the extra mile. They removed tactical mods and provisions capsules. So you are absolutely guaranteed one of the 3 "big ticket" items. They even went beyond that and let you pick!

As for the OP. Bait or not. I do love Time Capsules just because they drive up support for this game. I have watched people try to pretend that they don't spend a dime on this game, and then I see them wearing that new material which pretty much proves the opposite since there is no way to "hustle" up hundreds of stabilizers. I have seen quite a few people who have them or auras and I look at that as a good thing. That is money being put into this game. People can say that we don't see it. All I have to say to that is the game still exists doesn't it? Exactly ;)
    • Like x 2
  16. TestReporter Loyal Player

1) All you said here is: "P2W is fine" and it's not true, and it will never be. All p2w games out there are completelly destroyed overtime. SOME of the long time players in dcuo may think different, since they have experienced so much P2W, they think it's fine to get it.
    2) No1 said that replay badges and cr skip with feats are good...There were thousands of threads complaining about replay badges, but the devs didn't give them a ****, and so we lost many players in the past because of that, good ones.
    3) So here we have 2 options:
    -Game needs money and TCs are the best way, sooo: .Option 1: The game lost many players and now we need P2W things for the lights to stay on, which is kinda of dumb, since P2W things are what drive most of the players away in the most variable games out there. .Option 2: What you said is a falacy used to get money from the players
    - Your life can be a gambling, mine isn't.

4) Ofc not, people have different style opnions, if we all liked the same it would be easy for the devs to get money from us
    5) You are just taking the crumbs and saying:" Thanks devs, i love it", when we pay to play a game we expect to have a reasonable service where i don't have to expend hundred dollars to get A SINGLE style, but it's just a small problem so, let's forget it.
    6 ) Yep, this is just stupid from them, they shouldn't be spending money on stabilizers when they don't like, i can say with pride that i never spended a cent on them :)

7)The game was here for 7 years? And now we need time capsules? Your logic doesn't seem right here.
    8)Just to finish the rainbow, do you really think this game needs more p2w things to stay here? And i also gotta remember u that they stopped making bundles (that from Mepps was their way to keep lights on alongside replays) to make TCs, if they kept making bundles instead of TCs, and put in them nice styles...Well, would it really make sense to have TCs at this point? So, are TCs really the only way to keep this game going?
    Have a great time :cool:
    • Like x 2
  17. Surtur Well-Known Player

Come on really.....

• Like x 1
  18. Surtur Well-Known Player

Apparently you are not the only one. I was selling TC's for at least 100k and the broker slowed down to a snails pace because of all the players using it. It happens every time a new TC is released.

For the record... Not a fan of the way the RNG is implemented within them. They are what they are but........
    Compared to the booster bundles TC's rock. :)
    They are a freakking DOLLAR.
    Booster Bundles we had to spend $10.00 to get disappointed.

Now as far as Booster Bundles goes. DCUO needs to use the bundling idea within the MP more.
    • Like x 1
  19. TestReporter Loyal Player

1)Subscription and DLCs are pay to play (Many succesfull games out there don't even have those, cuz they can just afford the servers and development with cosmetics). Time capsules, cr skipping, skill points behind respec movement and power tokens, OP collections requiring in-game money (that mostly comes from TCs and Booster Bundles atm, ofc there are the simple/complex materials too) or a absurd luck... This is pay to win... If i can't get all skill points in the game without spending money in a regular period of time (not taking 3 years+), and someone who buys time capsules can get to cr 200+ without playing a single piece of content isn't pay to win, what is p2w to you? Because now we can even buy gear with real world money, the only thing that's left is being able to buy all skill points in the game for real world money and the latest gear...
    2) I said that because many players here say that the game isn't losing players, so as i said, options:
    -We don't need capsules because the population is like it was in the past
    -The population is the same but they want your money to put in another things (because in the game ofc it's not...)
    -We need Time Capsules because the population is dropping and they can't afford the servers (then i ask why they removed bundles)
  20. Surtur Well-Known Player

What are we, they, you winning? When we all beat an instance as a group the whole group wins not a single player. If players buy ( bought ) something and you run instances with them and I am sure that you do. You benefit just as much as they do. How the "F" are they winning against you if you are in the same group running the same instance?

You really need to quit worrying about other people and mind your own business. Quit whining because someone has something that you do not have. If you want these things go get them by PLAYING the broker ( free with sub ), running the TC instances ( free for anyone ) or bust out your wallet. Your choice.
    • Like x 2