Healing: The Big Picture

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Charmed Legacy, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

Hey :( I changed because it's a stunning looking power :p

And yes, Celestial Powers brought it on point (like always). Good to have him back
    • Like x 1
  2. Domi Well-Known Player

Just curious. Which Sorcery powers lost range? If you're thinking about Ritualistic Word. It didn't lose range, it is broken. It's healing 3 closest members instead of 3 most damaged. I tested this with one of my league mates with just him and I in the group and we were in area 51 open world. I healed him from render distance. Then I tested again with 5 group members, I have a video up in the healing forums. I myself personally have not found a power that had a shorter range from before. So if you know of one please let me know and I'll test it out. ♡
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Again this sound more like ego and not completion. That's fine you want to solo not me yes i can but no i dont. And why else would the resto be cut in half if it wasnt so inflated for so long. The game has evolved and changed some but as new content comes out you might have more difficulty then you think. If the hots return back to close to what they were then everyone regardless of skill could solo heal. So just burst more. Hots tare just a sample of your heals.
    • Like x 1
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Burst more? For real? Celestial healing abilities are Burst/HoTs. The Burst on the front end aren't that potent because they are followed up by the 6 tick HoTs. That being said it would require more than one cast or combo, unless you want to run around spamming Admonish clipped to Renew. Virtuous Light has a nice burst on the front end but a 12 second cooldown. So that either leaves me casting multiple Burst/HoTs (which we don't have the power for), or as I stated earlier clipping Admonish to Renew which will only cover 5 people...You expect me to play a Burst/HoT based power like it's Elec? That's crazy.

I already stated abilities like Virtuous Light which is a 450 power cost producing nothing more than a 6 tick HoT of 330, base of 8....For 450 power cost you think that's acceptable? You think that's ok? You think that's even close to on par with the current HP pool of the other roles? It's not. I'm not asking for healers to be overdosed on resto, and I'm not asking for healers to be OP. I'm asking for the other 3 healing powers to be balanced in comparison to Electric which is not a stretch of the imagination by any means.
    • Like x 2
  5. Celestial Powers Committed Player

It's not a sense that they lost range but most are still limited by it and were not compensated due the disadvantage which then begs the question why bother playing the power set if the others can do it easier.

CoP stops healing you outside the glyph, not everyone is going to be able to stay in that circle and content can force you out of it essentially making a piece of your loadout useless for 12s~

You essentially have 4 powers doing similar things, Shard, Transmutation, Soul Bolt and Soul Siphon. Shard's cooldown essentially makes it worthless to use since the healing potential of two transmutations outweighs one Shard and since the HoT on shard is essentially worthless it's not worth using. Soul Bolt speaks for itself and Soul Siphon, in a raid is essentially heal the tank in essence of how Bad Karma was pre-vamp, what a great consolation prize.

Watcher pet healing was nerfed a ton and does nothing without an activator meaning you'd have to waste a space for SO if you want it to cast 2 heals or use Ritualistic Word ineffectively to make sure it has power since one cast = 25% power back.

Soul Well has a tiny range and again suffers from HoTs being too weak.
    • Like x 2
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Soul Well's burst heals from killed adds were its juice. Thats taken away, and so the weak HoTs then come to surface. Worse, now you can stack only two instead of three.

Devs designate Sorcery as a Pet power. The Revamp was supposed to give variety. But people who want to use pets still have to waste a power slot to power the pet. Definition of no variety there. I read through a couple of the Sorcery revamp threads. I am sure this was brought up enough times, but ultimately ignored.

People who don't want to use Pets have less tools, both for DPS and Heal. Arbiter of Destiny SC neutered.

Bad Karma healing effect reduced to just one power. Soul Bolt is actually ok in of itself, but its another projectile power, when Sorcery already had two (both for DPS).

Sorcery has had a lot of things taken away over the years, and this revamp is another exercise in that direction. Couldn't even get to keep the visual fx of Golden Soul Aura.

Sorcery has been put through a guillotine.
  7. krytine Loyal Player

Again it sounds as if your power is more set to run 2 heals i understand you want to solo but the game is shifting again. So if you like to solo so much do it its a challenge it makes your ego feel good. Go to it. But a big reason the numbers were diminished was to make more 2s run viable again and not be so over powered in resto. I get you prefer it. I dont agree with you. The hots being the way they are seem to be on purpose by design to make it more troublesome for a solo healer. I personally don't know celestial never had the time to really get into it. But as i said before if you want to complain about it then just run 2 heals
    • Like x 1
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I'm curious at this point..What power do you main with?
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

I think the main point is that a certain power can solloheal for more better, because of the design/powercosts/cooldowns than the 2 other healing powers that struggle in lack of burst/powercost/cooldown (always a combination of those). So there is a "FOTM" (kinda) f
    for healing powers currently.

Also HoTs shouldn't return to what they were. THe damage calculation/incoming damage/etc. were totally different before the revamp. You can't compare that really.
    • Like x 3
  10. Domi Well-Known Player

If you have the watcher out you get the visual of the golden aura.
    • Like x 1
  11. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Spot on with that first paragraph.

But leaving HoT strength as they are now just hinders power sets that require them. I have played around a bit more with celestial and relearning my loadout to make the most of the burst orientation of consume soul and its combo, but relying on burst burst burst just hurts my power pool as celestial due to combo costs for some of the abilities.

Just realise, we're not asking for numbers as they were before revamp, if this was the case wouldn't we want burst abilites buffed too? But this is what we're trying to point out, burst is much better than HoT right now.

In the end, you will see people flocking to elec if they haven't done so when the next round of difficult content arises if no changes are made to HoT strength or our Base power pools.
    • Like x 1
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I know a few who already has went sorc / elec heal for the burst
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

And i spot on that red part. Currently elec, but would love to change to any other healing power whenever I want without those massive drawbacks compared to that one power.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I logged on test and looked at a few things out of curiosity. First of all, Sorcery has two 450 cost healing abilities. Circle seems a bit out of what in that regard because its higher than all the DoT fields. Circle needs an adjustment in power cost.

Regarding other 450 cost abilities. Bio Capacitor is such an odd one because of the long cooldown. I didn't look at Nature, but I or and Guardians Light are really strong but are penalized with both the power cost and vulnerable to interrupt. I assume Bloom is similar.

Looking at both Electricity and Sorcery, you have a mix of "pure" heals and "offensive" heals. I'm calling an offensive heal anything that requires an enemy to get a healing effect, like Soul Bolt, Shard, Arc Lightning, etc. Celestial has about 5 pure heals but does not appear to have any offensive heals except Malediction. Granted, abilities like Admonish and Consume Soul do damage but their heal is not dependent on having a target. The damage is a bonus. There are quite a few combos that generate a healing effect but of course they cost power.

What Celestial seems to be missing is a 100 cost spam ability that is an offensive heal. Sorcery has Soul Bolt, Electricity has Overcharge but I don't see anything like that with Celestial. Obviously, Retribution would be an excellent choice that you get a healing effect in healer role, its 100 power cost, and if using McB you could combo for extra damage and healing.
  15. Vindex Active Player

This ^ :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I agree that Celestial costs a lot if you try to mix in a lot of combos, but in reality for most healing loadouts (not battle healing though) you don't need to combo more than Admonish for your dots. I think the main problem is nature has high costs up front, but then settle down afterward, making it easy. Electric has low power costs and burst. Celestial has such short dots that it's like you sit with your power bar full forever, and then suddenly you have to empty the whole thing, lol. Maybe they should make some sort of power interaction (not that it seems they're not against that sort of thing after all) where when enemies attack people with your dots on them, it instantly replenishes your power or something.