Healing: The Big Picture

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Charmed Legacy, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

nope, only EU :p
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

i played electro before revamp. not much has changed: shield if there is danger, burst heal if necessary.
    in the mean time, you can do some dammage: the supports are now able to throw pillows instead of cotton balls!
  3. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Before Revamp Celestial was throwing bricks.......Now it's throwing feather pillows at best.. :(
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You can still come visit!!!! :D :p
  5. krytine Loyal Player

Look it isn't about skill set it is 1 about design two the what if or Murphy's law deal. And as a solo healer which i have done for most at tier content in this game for 6 years i dont enjoy it i dont feel that i am apart of the raid doing things. People talk about how trolls feel like a battery well that's what it felt like as solo heals. The game raids events seem to run smother with 2 of the rolls and now with the damage range gap being reduced there is no reason to solo heal or troll and if you want to run 2 tanks you can't say they don't do enough damage any more. The only reason to solo troll or heal now is ego thats it. Work as a team and you will have more fun that is the concept this game was designed for.

Now let me ask you this 2hat happens when you as a solo support are stunned or lag or get ko? The group wipes does it not what if some one goes down next to you and as a solo support you can't pick up? They are out and the stress builds on you. But then again this all falls under Murphy's law
    • Like x 1
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

I'll just comment on some stuff here.
    I
    • Like x 1
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I already stated if YOU enjoy running two heals by all means do so. I don't have to and won't do it unless content was to actually twist my arm and back me into a corner that I had no other choice but to run two heals (which hasn't happened)..You are entitled to your feelings and to play the game the way you want. I have that same right.

My solo heal runs are smooth as silk despite the power issues and crap HoTs because I know what I am doing..If you wanna call it ego I don't really care tbh. Just because I choose to solo heal does not mean I'm not a team player, and that's a pretty bold accusation to make.

To your last paragraph..I'm a PC player playing on a gaming PC that is light-years beyond the requirements of this game so I don't lag. Any good healer keeps a t1-t2 breakout trinket to use in boss fights where they know the mechanics are going to require it when solo healing i.e Stepenwolf's hammer. As Celestial I don't have to lick the boss's balls to heal content so it's rare I'm in actual danger of being knocked out, but I also follow mechanics so that reduces the chances of being knocked out as well. If for some freak reason I get knocked out I'm back up before my HoTs go down. I can pick up solo healing..I don't really know why you think it's not possible. I still pickup solo healing in the Revamp. So it seems a lot of your point falls back to my original argument and that's skillset. If someone has the skillset to solo heal and WANTS to solo heal they should be able to.
    • Like x 2
  8. Celestial Powers Committed Player

This is where the skill aspect of being a solo heal comes in.

Solo Healing hard content is the best thrill in this game for me, yeah sure it's a little egotistical but if you can pull it off it's an amazing feeling. The harder the content the greater the feeling is since you know it's a hard feat.
    • Like x 2
  9. krytine Loyal Player

Hey thank you for the way you responded but again i run on the side of Murphy's law if it can go wrong it will. Lag isnt the fault of any person playing issues happen but that's way two heals and trolls work out well. I have been playing since October 2011 and yes before the am all raids ran easier and better now that the am is gone there is no reason to run solo roles. Unless you just cant fill them or again ego gets in the way. My point of view thats all if thats not you i am sorry for saying it but most solo players are there more for ego then any other reason. Now there are many reasons for healing and yes my main is an electric healer as well. But that doesn't change anything in my pov. With good communication a team can work through any of the mechanics the devs put out and if some one goes down next to a healer tell the other they are soloing for a few seconds do the pick up and then keep rock in and rolling along. Now myself when I am solo healing i have been told i do a good job but i dont enjoy it becuase I am not watching the raid i pay more attention to health bars and i dont notice everything in the raid. That's just me. I do pay for it and i want to relax and enjoy this game and enjoy the group with what ever is being said. And no offense to you directly with the revamp returning us close to the original style of game there is no reason to solo the burn is balanced and spread out over all players now. And yes no matter what role you are in your first priority is your roles job dps damage but healers need to do some as well same for the troll and tank while they do there job first. So again the burn is more balanced and no need to worry if a dps or a healer or a tank or a troll go down becuase the breast of the group should be balanced enough to handle it
  10. krytine Loyal Player

Your hots are the way they are to encourage two heals so instead of complaining just embrace it and have fun
    • Like x 4
  11. krytine Loyal Player

Thank you for saying its about your ego
    • Like x 2
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Mepps quoted me in the 1.7 Stats Revamp thread agreeing with me, saying that the direction the Dev team is striving for is for the skilled player to be able to solo heal...Soooo I don't think HoTs are weak to encourage two healers. I'm not complaining, I'm stating facts. You tell me what a 330 HoT tick (6 ticks) is suppose to do for a tank with 50k HP who just got b**** slapped is supposed to do..That tank is continuing to take damage, so the 330 tick isn't even mitigating the current incoming damage much less assisting in bringing him/her back to a safe range. The point in HoTs is to mitigate damage until bursts are needed from AoE damage, mechanic damage, etc. They are not doing that, so in my opinion that's under-performing.

You say to have fun. Well i don't find co-healing fun. I enjoy solo healing content especially hard content. As Celestial Powers stated earlier it's the best thrill for me in this game to solo heal the harder content or a hard feat. Everyone has their role or whatever that is fun for them and brings them joy in the game. Solo healing is mine and you don't get to judge me or anyone else for that.
  13. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

...well as troll before update... you should've been under bottom dps. Even w/ celestial battle heals. again before update, shouldn't out dps a troll. Period. Has always been that way since I played DCUO.
  14. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

Agree. Have not had a healing prob with celest/sorc/nature. idh elec but you get what I mean... it's the player not the game
  15. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

o.k. I replied and quoted other people's comments. Didn't check all 4 pages but this is basically what I've been saying about this overkill subject:
    Stats matter. Especially for lifeline of the group, healers and tanks. This then helps controllers by not having to drain their power which shouldn't HAVE to go solely to power/mana bars. But towards debuffing and crowd controlling.

^^^Revolves around teamwork. This teamwork is built on the foundation that tank have the stats to hold agro and substain heavy damage from boss fights and add hallways without having healers to spam to keep them afloat. Thankfully tanks are OP af or SHOULD be after game update 73. Which should mean healers don't need as high restoration as we've been having for years...

because admit it... we've been coasting for a very long time. With crazy healer mechanics i.e. bug form. watcher. celestials combo multipliers. I read in this thread somewhere that people's greatest feeling is solo-healing raids/hard feat or something along those lines, which yeah I get... but that shouldn't be the greatest feeling. Greatest feeling should be completing a raid. or Survival mode.

Guess what? That was lost to FAST am burns with crazy healer spams w/ no consequences to troll because we had TONS of power and vitalization to sit on. Even tanking wasn't as fun because an entire dozen of adds got blasted with a big-gun and finished with op 1-2-3-4 mechanics.

O.k. back to topic... THIS WAS NEEDED!!! If you don't have the stats to solo heal. Grab a second. Same with trolling or even tanking. This game revolves around teamwork which was lost to op bonuses from rubberband mechanics and weapon mastery returns. Just because you can't solo heal or solo troll... doesn't mean other can't. In fact we have been. Still are. Most likely always will.

Nerfing our stats created, imo, the thing this game has been missing for awhile: Communication. Teamwork. and The difference of the mechanic-ly smart players to the OP people who know jack about game mechanics. Remember in the PW/Nexus days that 2 healers was common. 2 trolls common. 2 tanks common. Anything it took to get the damn thing DONE.

This ego people created for themselves in-game which they can't ask for back up heals/troll or a cc tank amazes me. Anyways, I'll finish with... I'm healing just fine with revamp. Learn your limits, know your group/raid's limit. and revolve around that knowledge in gameplay to get stuff done. Solo heals/troll exist in the game still. So it's not the game but the individual.
    • Like x 3
  16. Vindex Active Player

I got this weird hunch that it might somewhat be a combo-based power of some sort. I just hope i'm wrong, time will tell and soon @ 31 August.
  17. Celestial Powers Committed Player

• Like x 1
  18. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

19. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

This is exactly why you are my favorite in our group lol. :p You're the rational one and I'm the emotion filled one lol.
    This is exactly the point of the thread. If anyone can't see that then I really don't know what to say. I know so many Sorcery and Celestial healers who changed powers to Elec because of how much more heal efficient it is as well as power friendly..and people really think this isn't causing a FOTM for healing..:rolleyes:
  20. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Nature healing is perfectly fine and separates itself from other healing powers. I personally think its better then electricity and hope water plays just like it.