Healing: The Big Picture

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Charmed Legacy, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

This^ and I don't know how many ways I can say it before it sinks in, but you can not get power costs reduced for an individual without running into one of two problems per the trade off system of the Dev's. One trade off is reduced heals (don't need that) and the other is simply there is guidelines for priority, 4 man heals, and 8 man heals. It just doesn't work like that..
  2. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Content difficulty should be increased based on mechanics etc. not crippling 3 healer powersets.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Think you missed the part where trolls don't have a damage penalty for hybrid abilities (powers that both do damage and have controller functions), while healers do. You also missed the part where trolls only have to spec 30 points into crits, so they're more lenient on their sp. Sorry but, I don't feel too sorry for you. Yeah you're stuck spamming instant power which sucks, but as far as damage capabilities, trolls > healers.

Sorry but not sorry
    • Like x 3
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I'm just gonna say it..You seem to have a real hate boner for Celestial..
    • Like x 2
  5. xD25x Dedicated Player

Let me ask you a question. No beef intended. Would you feel the same way if electric was as power hungry as the other 3?
    • Like x 1
  6. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Healing stupid is still very possible with Celest and Nature and I never said it wasn't. That doesn't mean these 3 healing powers are preforming where they should be either.
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

To be fair Nature isn't my personal problem lol Celestial is. I just live by a "no healer left behind" moto. ;)
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Electric > Nature > Sorcery( only here due to the broken powers)> Celestial( here because it has the highest base costs and lacks burst and a 200 power cost heal)

Healing powersets are unbalanced by far. And it has a lot to do with power cost and HoT moves.
    • Like x 1
  9. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

It doesn't matter which healing powers have a problem tbh I feel the same way regardless. I don't think any of them should be crippled. I have no attachment to Nature, Sorcery, or Elec because I don't play them. I still don't want to see any of them sucking hind *** in content whether I like them, play them, or not. Celestial is my main and you know that. If I didn't care about all healing powers being viable and balanced per each one's strengths this would have been a thread about Celestial alone, and I wouldn't have advocated for the problems I see within Sorcery and Nature.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I don't find the same power issue with nature healing that others have expressed.

I cast shield followed by 3 HoTs. my bar goes down fast, and it looks scary for a second. but then I don't have to use another power for about 6 seconds, when I hit flourish to reset and extend the HoTs, about 8 seconds later, shield is back up and ready to be cast, followed by a quick flourish to reset and extend HoTs. rinse, lather, repeat. Roar for massive burst healing when heavy damage is taken, followed by resetting HoTs. I rarely need to pop a cola for more power, and 70-80% of the time, I'm barely using my power bar.

I'm not trying to argue, or cast doubt on the troubles others seem to be having with nature healing, just trying to offer possible solutions.

I have no trouble going through alerts with zero deaths, and if we're being honest with ourselves, getting through a raid without a single player goes down is both rare, and has a lot to do with chance as well as the skill of other players, and not the healer.

I hope this helps some who've found trouble maintaining power via nature healing.
    • Like x 2
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

If you arent electric I highly recommend you try electric and see the big difference in power consumption compared to the other healer powersets.
  12. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I got so bored of my weak hots and range issues on sorcery. My solution, pftt sorcery healer designed to spam weak burst like they were a hot tick.
  13. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I'll recommend people try it on test server. I won't encourage this FOTM healing power..makes me sad we're in the position for a FOTM in healing to this magnitude. :(
  14. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I think that's the saddest solution I've heard yet. :( Sorcery got hit pretty hard in the heals department and I hate that for you and the other Sorc players.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

How is that working for you though?
  16. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Incredidble for alerts. With or without troll power is of no concern despite literally spamming every single second. It's kinda fun too

• Like x 2
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I've only run with a nature and electric healer. In the alerts, they are much more active. In raids, well I've trolled for both and as long as people understand how to spec their points, power heavy, then there is no issue. Both soloed the raids, and neither had power issues.

I really think healers are fine. We take no damage in raids now. Not sure how this type of play was ok and made it to live, but this is what we got.

I have more of an issue with trolling. Even running two trolls, it can be very hard to keep power going. Not impossible, but I feel your very limited compared to the other two roles. Finding trolls in LFG is hard now since everyone is so spam heavy.
  18. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Sorcery has issues no doubt. And they will become glaringly apparent probably with the next dlc if it comes with an open type large map. Right now sorcery can shine in these tight quarters.

Its become quite clear to me that the devs don't give a f@#$. They won't even acknowledge anything sorc related. It's as if the power is dead to them.

• Like x 1
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This is the issue I believe healers are also having. Unlearning bad habits from the past two years, and relearning the new way to do things.
  20. ghosts Well-Known Player

I must be insane because I'm one of the few people I see that likes how healing is now and is ok with sorcery healing

Personally I felt the opposite of what you described about how the damage feels, before the revamp with a larger power pool and laughable damage from ads most of my healing consisted on setting up the circle and soul well and using the priority heal every now and then. Now on alerts, especially without a tank, I have to keep an eye on people's health much more because they can get chewed up quick, on the last boss of SJ this can get really bad, so if they focus on me I have to block their attacks to shake them off and stay away from them, that didn't happen to me before the revamp. I feel alerts are more engaging and fun now than before

On Sorcery, it does have trouble with the healing range, but it was like that before the revamp as well. My loadout didn't change much from the one everyone used pre revamp, but now I have soul well as the only HoT and I put in transcendence in place of the circle. Now I use the shields much more, and if I have two soul wells out at all times during boss fights it gives me enough thinking time to move around and manage my power, it also helps with the ranged healing if you space them out a bit.
    The watcher seems to be doing good enough apart from dying off every now and then, I haven't tried a loadout without the watcher, maybe there's more useful abilities to use but I find it's doing fair enough

I haven't done the raids yet, I plan on doing them this weekend, if they got much harder to do and if I'm solo healing I'll probably find the HoTs to be weaker as people say, but on all the other content I haven't had any problems with healing, and I'm not a veteran player with all the skill points so that's what makes me feel even stranger for liking healing the way it is now
    • Like x 1