Hard Light is now Soft Light after GU36

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by jr1nc, Mar 25, 2014.

1. jr1nc Dedicated Player

Dam I forgot to look at it.... but I think I looked at what gear I was wearing which was all ion full precision 1785 i think
    • Like x 1
  2. spord Developer

We have some fixes in for Light Claws, Fan, and Grasping Hand not comboing properly. However, we are having build issues that need to be resolved before we can get them to PC Test. We will get them in as soon as possible.

While I was in there I made it so you can hold melee after the first Light Claw Slash Construct Combo instead of having to do two. That way it feels the same as using the super power version.
    • Like x 6
  3. TheAnticipated Well-Known Player

That is good to hear but what about Mini Gun into Whip Thrash ? That combo doesn't work either.
  4. jr1nc Dedicated Player

Thank you... it feels good and keep up the good work on fixing it... but the video I post feels a little slow but doable as long as the damage is buffed still hits soft... but thanks for the fix ill take it
    • Like x 1
  5. spord Developer

I tested this on a newer build than what is on PC Test and it is also fixed.
    • Like x 4
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There are significant bugs impacting HL combos and Rifle on PC Test. We will get a new build up with those fixed as soon as we can.
    • Like x 6
  7. Zhouz Well-Known Player

This is something that definitely requires a DETAILED balance pass. I understand where visually the superfast clipping might not have been intended originally however those techniques of comboing and clipping have been used as the standard as far as how the damage numbers for Light combos and in fact the individual powers have been set. FAN has a very low damage magnitude now considering the length of the animation during which NO OTHER DAMAGE can be performed. Leaving the base damage for FAN the same ignores the changes that were made to FAN since it's creation: changes that were made to compensate for a VERY SHORT animation time that is now gone.

If you're going to REMOVE our ability to overlap (clip) the PRECISION part of some combos with the Might part of the next combo (eg: FAN) AS WELL as introduce a SIGNIFICANT delay between the powers in the combos, you MUST realize that this LOWERS the possible DAMAGE / SECOND ratio. IF you are not willing to budge on the increased TIME, then obviously something must be done to the DAMAGE portion, or the DPS ratio just goes down.

I remind you that, aside from the DPS ratio, LIGHT users have suffered always from the POWER / SECOND perspective. To be competitive in Light you must fold more, shorter combos onto each other. This means less combo'd powers, more CASTED superpowers, and inevitably a Higher "Power In" than comparable damage in other powersets mainly due to the lack of power interactions and SUPER LOW DoT magnitudes.
    • Like x 6
  8. farm3rb0b Committed Player

This. So much this. Everything Zhouz has said is completely true. We'll know better once the new build goes to testers, but my guess is that everything above needs taken into consideration as possible balance fixes.